• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Spear Dane

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 4, 2015
    Kokomo area
    Don't much care for her. But I'm not betting against her either. She's been through this before. Waiting to see how many liberals try to donate their lungs.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I’ve lost loved ones to the scourge of cancer. All differences aside I wish no ill upon Justice Ginsberg.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I wish her only the best. No one wants any other person to be ill.

Next question though; If she gets to the point of not doing her job, yet still refuses to retire, how is that dealt with?

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I wish her only the best. No one wants any other person to be ill.

Next question though; If she gets to the point of not doing her job, yet still refuses to retire, how is that dealt with?

This:
    Weknow what happens because it happened to Justice William O. Douglas. He had astroke in 1974 at the age of 76. He refused to retire despite a resultingdisability. Seven of the other justices voted to defer to the next term anydecision in which his vote would make the difference. He didn’t retire foralmost a year despite urging from other justices. After retirement he tried toserve in a senior judicial status, but the other justices refused to cooperate.His long and distinguished career was partially marred by his hanging on whenhe could no longer function effectively. Yet there was nothing the President,Congress, or other justices could do to force him to retire.

[FONT=&quot]If we ever reformed the Supreme Court by constitutionalamendment it would be a good thing to add some provision for dealing with thiskind of situation. What that provision should be is up for debate.

[/FONT]
    https://www.quora.com/What-happens-if-a-supreme-court-justice-is-not-dead-but-cannot-perform-their-duties[FONT=&quot][/FONT]

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    Samuel Chase (April 17, 1741 – June 19, 1811) was an Associate Justice of the United States Supreme Court and a signatory to the United States Declaration of Independence as a representative of Maryland. He was impeached by the House on grounds of letting his partisan leanings affect his court decisions but was acquitted by the Senate and remained in office.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samuel_Chase

Umm?

ETA: Not that a Democratic House is going to impeach RGB, but it's theoretically possible I guess.

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Here is an article from the Atlantic discussing in more detail the nature of her condition.

https://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2018/12/rbg-cancer/578869/

One thing that is not discussed, although mentioned, is the recovery process. If a 20 year olde has part of a lung removed, they can quickly recover. A 50 year olde may do well but have a much more complicated time. Here we have an 85 year olde, who could have severe problems from just about anything.

I do wish her all the best but I won't be surprised whichever way her recovery goes.

Regards and Merry Christmas,

Doug

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    I wonder how long the democraps would try to keep the government shut down if we were to lose her tonight and first thing in the morning Trump says 'Govt back on. We need to get a supreme court replacement lined up as soon as possible'.

spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    Thinking there is a possibility she could go very quickly. If so, we'll see how the left makes hay from it. Predictions?

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I wonder how long the democraps would try to keep the government shut down if we were to lose her tonight and first thing in the morning Trump says 'Govt back on. We need to get a supreme court replacement lined up as soon as possible'.

How long would they? As long as it takes.

How long could they? -0-

Appointing a justice to the SC is not dependent upon the House of Rep. or, in any real way, on the parts of the govt. shut down.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Senator McConnell for all of his other faults, seems pretty adept at shepherding SCOTUS nominations through.
    I wonder how many women (or men) are getting their accusations papers ready with just a fill in the blank for the name...

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH

Is that part of government shut down (Senate). I thought congresscritters made damn sure they were getting paid, no matter what

Top Bottom