• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Are we trying to insert our own biases into this situation allowing it to be used as an example for something that there is not a shred of proof of? Carry on INGO.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    The first thing I thought of when I saw this thread was we have a doc criticizing our secy of state when in WWII we had docs TREATING our wounded enemies!

Has our behavior degraded to such an extent that we cannot keep silent in times of personal crisis to our opposition?

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Fact: he's in europe
    fact: he broke his leg
    fact: Europe is capable of fixing it
    fact: he chose to have it fixed in the USA

Are we trying to insert our own biases into this situation allowing it to be used as an example for something that there is not a shred of proof of? Carry on INGO.

Officer, what am I missing?

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    What was your second thought?

The first thing I thought of when I saw this thread was we have a doc criticizing our secy of state when in WWII we had docs TREATING our wounded enemies!

Has our behavior degraded to such an extent that we cannot keep silent in times of personal crisis to our opposition?

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    How in the world are you taking this as character assassination against him?

It is pointing out the Liberals love European healthcare until they have to use it. That is nothing to do with his character.

I guess "first do no harm" doesn't apply to character assassination. That's my second thought "doc".

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    So you're telling me the person on base in Germany with appendicitis can choose to have the army pay for his emergent Evac to a domestic hospital to have surgery simply at his request, even though they are 100% capable of handling it there?
    Said nothing of the sort. Germany is a medical destination for many overseas military members and something like appendicitis ( a minor medical emergency) wouldn't require evacuation back to the states. They'd likely do it right there at the request of the member. Having had an appendix removed a flight back stateside would be ludicrous.

Kerry's reasons are his own and shouldn't be up for discussion. I would imagine the Swiss stabilised him and cleared him for departure back to the states. Willing to bet they weren't upset by it, unlike you, who seem to have a problem with people exercising their right to choose their own medical treatment.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Hell no, I would be thrilled if we could choose our own medical treatment. However Kerry and the rest of his bunch have destroyed that option.

D-Ric902

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2008
    So.........
    did they ship his bike with him for his "critically important talks"

maybe some sailboarding as well

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    Service members are treated at Military Treatment Facilities, and trust me, other than the cost, that isn't always a privilege. Whether they go home or not is a decision made by Medical Command, not the service member. Kerry has a choice, because he's privileged. I don't know why he chose what he did, but that's his thing. But we the people, with our glistening new healthcare system get what Uncle Sam says is good for us, and we'd better like it.

On another note, I hope Kerry has a speedy recovery and heals up good as new.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    I choose my own medical treatment, as do my family members. Maybe you need better insurance.

Look dude, my pissed off state is because of the LIMITS THEY PUT oN ME TAKING CARE OF YOU AND YOUR FAMILy.

good bye INGO. I have asked the moderators to deactivate my account in a way where I do not have access again. I'm not the kind of guy to get banned by rules violation.

thanks to all those for the thoughts, prayers, and financial donations during the loss of Grace.

Last edited:

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan

Officer, what am I missing?
    Yes, those are the facts (as we know them) and that's it. They could mean may things. It COULD mean that he thinks socialized medicine is crap and would never allow a doctor from that system operate on him. Could be. OR...maybe he is a rich man who has ALWAYS picked his doctor. Now combine that with the full support of the US he has as Sec of State and he has the ability to see HIS doctor any time he wants from anywhere in the world. The advantage of wealth/power.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    Look dude, my pissed off state is because of the LIMITS THEY PUT oN ME TAKING CARE OF YOU AND YOUR FAMILy.

good bye INGO.

I would hate to have to try to be a doctor and navigate all the beaurocracy you guys have to deal with now because of this law. It must be incredibly frustrating.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF
    I don't see any hypocrisy here. You failed to provide a link with anything, here's one that addresses his reason. It makes sense.

He is going to see the doctor most familiar with his hip and situation to avoid complications. Just like most of us would do in the same situation.

John Kerry breaks leg in bicycle crash in France - BBC News

Yeah all you haters! He likes his doctor!

Enough said...

I guess "first do no harm" doesn't apply to character assassination. That's my second thought "doc".

Yeah, yeah. Poor John Kerry, can't buy a break. Whoops!

He's not one of us little people, so stop expecting him to be already.

hopper68

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 15, 2011
    Pike County

:tinfoil: Have you seen the xray? We are all assuming that he really injured himself, but what if he faked/staged a very public accident. His mission for Obama gets delayed and the blame is on no ones. Obama can now say he tried, not his fault nothing got done.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom