• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hopper68

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 15, 2011
    Pike County
    Jesse might have lost had Kyle been alive but there is a chance that he still could have won even more $$$. There is no way to know for sure.

:popcorn: Waiting for the Jesse had Kyle killed conspiracy to come out. :tinfoil:

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    So I can go pick any random 8 people in Minnesota and the majority or all believe that more SEALs should die? BULL****.

Personally, I think profiting off your veteran status is no less douchy than suing a dead mans widow. I give zero credibility to any veteran who wants me to pay him to tell me what a Billy bad ass war hero he is.
    I don't know who touched your what when you were in the military but you sure do have the biggest vendetta against soldiers and the military in general. I bet your a fun date.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I won't contest assessments of Jesse Ventura's character or personality.

However, it's very possible that on the occasion in question that he did not say what was attributed to him in print. Given all of the things he has said, I don't see why he would pick this one incident to contest unless he actually didn't say what was reported in the book.

Chris Kyle was definitely a hero and an amazing warrior. That does not preclude the possibility that he put words in his book that were not true.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I don't know who touched your what when you were in the military but you sure do have the biggest vendetta against soldiers and the military in general. I bet your a fun date.

My position on this has nothing to do with the military. If it did, why would I side with Ventura who is also a vet? What did Ventura touch all of you guys that has given you guys such a vendetta against him?

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008

However, it's very possible that on the occasion in question that he did not say what was attributed to him in print. Given all of the things he has said, I don't see why he would pick this one incident to contest unless he actually didn't say what was reported in the book.

Chris Kyle was definitely a hero and an amazing warrior. That does not preclude the possibility that he put words in his book that were not true.

It seems so many have a vested interest in the bar fight story being true and their prior opinion of Ventura means it has to be true.

I think they're both douche bags. I just don't get my rocks off by the bravado of others, real or imagined. What is to be gained by bragging about punching Ventura whether it happened or not?

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    My position on this has nothing to do with the military. If it did, why would I side with Ventura who is also a vet? What did Ventura touch all of you guys that has given you guys such a vendetta against him?
    I think the guy is just off his rocker. I don't have a vendetta against him. If he got punched In the nose by Kyle then he earned it in my opinion.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    It seems so many have a vested interest in the bar fight story being true and their prior opinion of Ventura means it has to be true.

I think they're both douche bags. I just don't get my rocks off by the bravado of others, real or imagined. What is to be gained by bragging about punching Ventura whether it happened or not?
    I guess this is another question. What would Kyle have to gain by making up the whole incident? If indeed he did.

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis

So do you get off on SF guys pursuing libel suits against the estates of other dead SF guys?

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    So I can go pick any random 8 people in Minnesota and the majority or all believe that more SEALs should die? BULL****.

Personally, I think profiting off your veteran status is no less douchy than suing a dead mans widow. I give zero credibility to any veteran who wants me to pay him to tell me what a Billy bad ass war hero he is.

Chris Kyle's book profits were going to charities. Not his pockets. I think the man had earned the title of being a bad ass. He has helped lots of vets threw his charity's. Who has Mr Ventura helped? He is basically taking money from charity's to help other vets. I wonder what charitable thing he will do with it.

Mr Ventura is delusional. He's done more damage to his own reputation then 20 Chris Kyle's could ever do. The mans a douch...

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO

Sensible thoughts. I read the man's books and also some other things he claimed that don't seem likely. I'm no Ventura fan, but I think it's likely that this is a complicated and sad tale. With no way of actually knowing myself, my tendency is to believe that Kyle was a great warrior who sometimes gave in to the Texas Tall Tale when it suited the story. I have my doubts about the Venture story for a variety of reasons, and again, Kyle has claimed some other things which are unlikely, like killing a couple of car jackers for which there appears to be no record.

It's possible to be great and to be flawed. We are not the best thing we've ever done, we're not the worst thing we've ever done. We're all mostly just a bunch of goofy folks trying to make it through the day.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I just still don't see what Kyle would have to gain by making this whole deal up. Especially knowing that he could so easily be called out on it by such a vocal personality. I guess it's that vocal personality which has me believing such an event could be entirely plausible.

zippy23

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 20, 2012
    Noblesville
    Yes Ventura is a hot head and pretty out there, BUT if this was a liberal instead of the wife of a navy seal everyone here would be happy and not even post a word. If someone makes something up about you and profits from it, that is against the law i think, right?

flatlander

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Noblesville
    It was close to being a hung jury. The decision was made to just accept the the verdict. Ventura is a blow hard prick as are a couple of the usual suspects who take every chance to slam our military on this board. Real good at attacking people in ways other than ftf. Cowards

Bob

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Sounds like Jessie might not be done trying to get his reputation restored. Watch out Harper Collins.

[video=youtube_share;e0gtibVQ_Do]http://youtu.be/e0gtibVQ_Do[/video]

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    He didn't win anything but money. The jury was not to determine whether the incident happened or not. Their job was to determine whether or not his reputation had been damaged. I love how he claims this proves he's right. Na, it proved nothing like the such.

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Salem
    Just because you have the right to do something - doesn't necessarily make it the right thing to do.

Let's take the possibility that Kyle told a tall tale... Ventura VERY publicly took him up on it. As well he should have, if he believed himself in the right.

When Kyle was murdered - the honorable thing to do would be to publicly state that "we disagreed on this incident - but Chris Kyle was a solid warrior - taken out before his time. People can choose sides - but I will let this drop with as much class and dignity as possible. That's the least I can do for a fellow warrior".

None of us will ever know the truth. And if it was not the truth, then Ventura raised the question.

But Ventura left no question about his class and dignity.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Sensible thoughts. I read the man's books and also some other things he claimed that don't seem likely. I'm no Ventura fan, but I think it's likely that this is a complicated and sad tale. With no way of actually knowing myself, my tendency is to believe that Kyle was a great warrior who sometimes gave in to the Texas Tall Tale when it suited the story. I have my doubts about the Venture story for a variety of reasons, and again, Kyle has claimed some other things which are unlikely, like killing a couple of car jackers for which there appears to be no record.

It's possible to be great and to be flawed. We are not the best thing we've ever done, we're not the worst thing we've ever done. We're all mostly just a bunch of goofy folks trying to make it through the day.
    Can you give specifics on what things you had doubts about in His books?

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    It was close to being a hung jury. The decision was made to just accept the the verdict...

I find the jury procedure there interesting. We have 6 person civil juries here and the only wiggle room we have is in whether we will allow the alternates to deliberate or whether to accept a less than 6 person jury if we lose someone or 2 people if there is an alternate (with trials longer than 1 week, rare but it happens, there are usually 2 alternates in my experience).

I would never agree to a less than unanimous verdict, nor would I agree to a less than 6 person jury. However, I don't know the dynamics of what was going on there, so I can't comment on the decision in this case.

As for his case against Harper Collins....who knows, but he wasn't named in the book. Also, what's the statute of limitations on this? Here it's 2 years. Too late if that's the case.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom