• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JTKelly

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I was just in both mine. No problem. Bad today, still better than it was a month ago. We'll live. Possible the fed may even announce a 1/2 or 1/4 "emergency" rate cut. We'll call that the "Save the Commies Cut".

For someone who "knew something" Buffet is still getting a pretty funny looking "hair cut" today.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    I was just in both mine. No problem. Bad today, still better than it was a month ago. We'll live. Possible the fed may even announce a 1/2 or 1/4 "emergency" rate cut. We'll call that the "Save the Commies Cut".

For someone who "knew something" Buffet is still getting a pretty funny looking "hair cut" today.
    In steps the Fed to stop the markets from functioning. Glad I took half of my profits from being short at the open(I trade with Chase).

"The Fed’s job is very straightforward, maximize employment, stabilize prices, and maintain financial stability. That’s what we’re going to do," he said during an interview on CNBC’s "Squawk Box" program.

"We’re forward-looking about it. So if the conditions collectively start coming in like that on the through line, there’s deterioration on any of those parts, we’re going to FIX IT(lol)."

Treasury yields fell sharply.(As they would with Japan in a bind)

Last edited:

spencer rifle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Scrounging brass
    Got into Fidelity with only a slight delay. Only down a bit more than 2% so far today. But I moved most of my $ out of the market in the last year and into more conservative investments (NOT treasuries or bonds) due to impending retirement. Some of that three Bs.

The Fed has failed in their objectives more often that they have succeeded. It always was just an exclusive investment club for the already wealthy. The coming currency collapse will hurt them also, maybe more. And their precious Fed will do it to them.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    I have been able to log into Fidelity all morning.

I put in two limit buy orders for CSIQ and NXT that show open.

Shadow01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2011
    WCIn
    Got into Fidelity with only a slight delay. Only down a bit more than 2% so far today. But I moved most of my $ out of the market in the last year and into more conservative investments (NOT treasuries or bonds) due to impending retirement. Some of that three Bs.

The Fed has failed in their objectives more often that they have succeeded. It always was just an exclusive investment club for the already wealthy. The coming currency collapse will hurt them also, maybe more. And their precious Fed will do it to them.
    My IRA is down 2.1%. I use Raymond James and they were up 15 minutes ago.

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    Gotta love it. Markets tanking and folks can't login to their accounts at all.

I can login, but I'm with a smaller outfit than Fidelity or Schwab.

And as usual, INGO is first to break the news...
    Bless you guys hearts. I had set up three trades to execute Saturday. Based on this thread this morning I canceled all three. Appears to have saved my ***!

tim87tr

Freedom lover
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Eastern IL
    You forgot to mention debt. They kept that at bay with 0% interest or negative interest for a long time, but the bill is due.
    Dow opening 1285 down.

Down nearly 700 Friday.
    I'm not claiming to be an expert or anything, but this **** is bad.

Is it the everything bubble yet? Regardless, it looks quite bad and has been heading this way for awhile. Aren't elections years just great! Isn't there historical evidence that a war time president gets reelected? My bet is we're heading to war somewhere to restart the printing presses for quite possibly the end of the long in the tooth inflate or die game and a shot at a "pick a dummy" getting reelected. Yea, I'm bearish.

chrome_screenshot_Aug 5, 2024 10_43_19 AM CDT~3.png

jsx1043

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    Napghanistan
    Is it the everything bubble yet? Regardless, it looks quite bad and has been heading this way for awhile. Aren't elections years just great! Isn't there historical evidence that a war time president gets reelected? My bet is we're heading to war somewhere to restart the printing presses for quite possibly the end of the long in the tooth inflate or die game and a shot at a "pick a dummy" getting reelected. Yea, I'm bearish.

View attachment 371048
    Awful lot of chatter about Iran launching a massive strike against Israel in the next few days…

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Anyone jumping off of buildings yet?

hermes-bender.gif

Top Bottom