Jan '12 1500: So, what'd ya get? (pic heavy)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Went Friday night and picked up the Ruger .22 LCR for $389.00. My friend bought a North American Arms .22 Magnum...cute little thing. Also bought various ammo for plinking and home protection.

I have a NAA .22 LR. Something you have to make sure you have a grip on. I wonder how the .22 mag handles.

Bikerdad61

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Dec 4, 2010
    Sullivan
    Nothing, didn't go.

Me neither, last 1500 I went to was the same thing, people packed in like Sardines, couldn't move or see a darn thing, same prices as the Mom and Pop shops. The best Gun show deals I've found over the last couple years are at the small town shows. Dugger, IN show is coming up in March :yesway:

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I manned the ISRPA booth Saturday morning. I handed out flyers to gun show patrons and INGO members. We gave out ISRPA t-shirts to uniformed IMPD officers and the INGO booth.:D

I was really shocked to see ATF back.:n00b:

I picked up some first aid gear and some books including an out of print gun dictionary that I have been looking for. Almost hit on a '70s Smith M15, box and everything. Could not bring myself to pay what he wanted but it was a fine piece.

Lots of deals but could not pull the trigger on anything this time.

I was there for the Obama show in January of 2009 and it was not that busy. Good to see.

.458socomhunter

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 1, 2012
    Tipp Co
    Nothing, I didn't go. Had a couple friends who went that knew what I was looking for and came up empty. I am glad too after several complaints on the board with crowd issues. I'll go back in March.

cordex

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 24, 2008
    I didn't have much time, so I only got to walk through once.

Ended up buying some steel from Bobcat and a couple of Moras from Knife Lady (found them cheaper elsewhere, but thought I'd spend my money with someone from INGO).

It doesn't usually bug me quite so much because I'm not usually in such a hurry to get through the show, but I had a number of times I was standing with cash in hand trying to buy stuff and other folks (friends, fellow vendors and the like not really interested in buying anything or even looking at the products) were monopolizing the proprietors about news, trivia, rumors and gossip. Frustrating, that.

lordjackel

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Aug 20, 2008
    Southern Arkansas
    Soooo busy was nearly impossible to look. My hope was to find a 458 SOCOM upper...of course that didn't pan out as no one seems to have them instock.

I settled for a pair of ShooterEars (50% at the show). Weird experience having silicone injected into your ears so they could make the mold...but while it was in there I heard Nothing!! :D

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    I settled for a pair of ShooterEars (50% at the show). Weird experience having silicone injected into your ears so they could make the mold...but while it was in there I heard Nothing!! :D

ShooterEars are nice guys and have a good product but the process kind of freaked me out a little.
    "Hold still while I take this caulking gun to your ear canal........" :eek:

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I didn't have much time, so I only got to walk through once.

Ended up buying some steel from Bobcat and a couple of Moras from Knife Lady (found them cheaper elsewhere, but thought I'd spend my money with someone from INGO).

It doesn't usually bug me quite so much because I'm not usually in such a hurry to get through the show, but I had a number of times I was standing with cash in hand trying to buy stuff and other folks (friends, fellow vendors and the like not really interested in buying anything or even looking at the products) were monopolizing the proprietors about news, trivia, rumors and gossip. Frustrating, that.

:+1:

This is something to which we all need to heed. Although we have relationships with many vendors, it's important that we don't hinder their business or the buying experience a potential customer has with them. I will cut off a conversation quickly by saying, "I gotta' go, you have a customer." Even if they say, "I'm just looking," I still leave the area and come back when/if it's not busy. Conversely, we should not be offended when a vendor-friend tells us to come back later to talk when they are not busy.

In this same vein, mods have been accused of ignoring members at the INGO booth. We are primarily there to build on relationships and promote the site, not necessarily to sell t-shirts. So, if we are talking to a prospective member about what we do, that takes priority. There were a lot of people at the show yesterday who had never heard of INGO and were impressed by our mission. When members come by to buy a shirt, we certainly can't put that before explaining why we do what we do, to someone who's interested and we certainly don't mean to offend anyone.

irishfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    in your head
    Yep! I was supposed to get a Busse, but I just can't seem to make myself pull the trigger. I'm a folder-type guy, so I may get one of those fixed-bade beauties before I go deer watching again next season. :laugh:

You already owned a Busse! C'mon just do what I did and justify it to myself while almost shedding a tear typing in my debit card number on the Swamp Rat site.:D

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    You already owned a Busse! C'mon just do what I did and justify it to myself while almost shedding a tear typing in my debit card number on the Swamp Rat site.:D

I needed something smaller and the smaller one's are more that the larger in most cases. I'll get one as we approach the deer season. Who knows, I might transition from a watcher into a real hunter and need something for skinning. :D

Kmcinnes

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2011
    Hendricks County
    Didnt buy much, even for a sunday the crowd was thick! I think i spent approx $100 on little things with my son including Lunch, Parking and entry admission. It was just to hard to relly shop lol.

paddling_man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Fishers
    I got... sick.

Yep. Out of work Friday with a stomach bug. Daughter's 11th birthday yesterday. I set the alarm last night to get up early and my seven year old son got up earlier than me... with the same stomach bug. Mrs PM was scheduled to teach Sunday School. She offered to attempt to find a sub so I could still go but that felt wrong so... me and the boy hung out watching cartoons and CBS Sunday Morning while he barfed in bucket.

Ah, being a Dad. ;)

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    I got... sick.

Yep. Out of work Friday with a stomach bug. Daughter's 11th birthday yesterday. I set the alarm last night to get up early and my seven year old son got up earlier than me... with the same stomach bug. Mrs PM was scheduled to teach Sunday School. She offered to attempt to find a sub so I could still go but that felt wrong so... me and the boy hung out watching cartoons and CBS Sunday Morning while he barfed in bucket.

Ah, being a Dad. ;)

+1 on a couple fronts...for doing the right thing from a dad perspective and for not coming and rubbing shouldeers with (& likely spreading the sickness to) a couple thousand fellow gun owners. :D

40calPUNISHER

Master
    Rating - 99.1%
    116   1   0
    Apr 23, 2008
    Thank you Knife Lady!

P1000224.JPG

Top Bottom