Jan '12 1500: So, what'd ya get? (pic heavy)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    I rummaged throughout the discount bins of a couple vendors, got some steals from Raven in tradition to a vanguard trigger guard for my Kahr PM9. All said and done I got a LOT of Molle gear for about $20! My original intention was to get it for my son who is rapidly reaching the age that makes mall ninja attire very cool. His mall ninja father might end up keeping though.

I got to meet the guy from pathfinder school (Dave Canterbury) that is on Dual Survivor show on Discovery channel. I talked to him for about 3-4 minutes, walked away, and then it dawned on me who he was. LOL. To me, it gave me a feeling that confirmed that he was more into his service and product and really NOT into being someone that people "recognize" as someone that is on TV.
    I went back (at the time there wasn't anyone else waiting to talk to them) and mentioned "it just hit me that you are the guy on 'dual survivor', I want to thank you for being a part of that show. My son is of the age that he is really into this kind of stuff and this show is one of his favorite, it is really becoming a source of connection between us." His body language throughout those couple sentences went from; great another guy that is wants to treat me like a TV personality...to genuinely glad I mentioned it. Overall, I'm glad I stumbled across his booth and I'll be seriously looking into his classes.

I also got to talk to Shay from Mindset Laboratory (Site Advertiser). I've not taken his class but I've taken a class with him before. Impressive guy, he is #1 or 2 on my list of classes to attend next.

Last edited:

paddling_man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Fishers
    +1 on a couple fronts...for doing the right thing from a dad perspective and for not coming and rubbing shouldeers with (& likely spreading the sickness to) a couple thousand fellow gun owners. :D

:): I think I'm well over the contagious part. 'Course, at least folks could say they got something at the 1500. :laugh:

I can sympathize..... I often barf when I watch CBS Sunday Morning:D

Those are precisely his feelings. :D He's more the Phineas and Ferb type.

rabbitdave

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 12, 2008
    Zionsville, IN
    Friend picked up a used Glock 21 + 3 mags and night sights for $400. Looked like it has not been shot. They were police issue. Then I picked up the tactical bottle opener for my rail on my AR. My son picked up some throwing knives from the Knife Lady. She was so nice! Will buy more!.

cordex

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 24, 2008
    What...I can't believe no one waited inline to see Lizard Lick Towing.......:laugh:
    Prior to going to the 1500 and seeing a bunch of posters taped up, I had never heard of Lizard Lick Towing ... and other than now (after a quick web search) knowing they are some sort of unReality TV show, I still don't know who they are.

illini40

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2010
    Today was my first 1500. It was quite the experience.

Did not see any steals of deals, but did get some new goodies for my AR.

I will be back!

MontereyC6

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 16, 2008
    Greenwood
    I picked up a Gemtech Multimount from SSNFA and an INGO t-shirt. I ALMOST got talked into a .300 BO upper from Indy Supply Depot, but couldn't make myself pull the trigger. Sunday afternoon wasn't too crowded, it gave me time to talk with my friend that's newer to firearms and shooting.

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    I picked up a Gemtech Multimount from SSNFA and an INGO t-shirt. I ALMOST got talked into a .300 BO upper from Indy Supply Depot, but couldn't make myself pull the trigger. Sunday afternoon wasn't too crowded, it gave me time to talk with my friend that's newer to firearms and shooting.

:eek:

You should've bought one, that was a pretty killer deal :spend:

BoomstickBuff

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 31, 2011
    Noblesville
    Hi-Point 995TS

Picked up a fun little 9mm carbine...

picture.php

Good price + Fit in the current gun budget = Can't wait to get out and shoot it. :ar15:

BoomstickBuff

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 31, 2011
    Noblesville
    I bought three bags of the cinnamon and sugar coated pecans. They were the best deal that I saw all day...Buy two and get one free.
    I didn't even see a single gun that I thought was a good deal. I was pretty disappointed.

Yep - can't leave without those. My 14 yr. old son started smelling them 45 minutes after we got there ... and then couldn't think about anything else until we got some. And we were even smart enough to bring some home for my wife... :)

ws98ta

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 22, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I think I got a decent deal.
    I traded off a Winchester 94 30-30 plus 130$ for a glock 22 3rd gen police trade in. I wanted 300$ for the 30-30, ended up getting 290$ trade value. He was asking 420$ for the g22, not sure but seemed like a decent deal.
    I only had 100$ in the 30-30 so I only really have 230$ in the glock.

g00n24

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    IN
    spikes tactical stripped lower
    double star LPK
    AR armorers wrench
    necklace for the misses made out of a 9mm shell

68_F100

Expert
    Rating - 93.9%
    31   2   0
    Nov 8, 2010
    North Salem
    Got an offer of 475 for my m&p. So it's gone and a USP 40 compact followed me home. NIB with LEM trigger for 675 OTD! I am in love with this gun. Also got a NIB EO tech 512 for 380 OTD. I thought it was a good show. The HK was part of a "fed overrun" and may have a chip in it is what I was told. lol not sure what thats about.

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    I went back today and got an INGO site supportership, more ammo and my first steel target from the Iron Works guys from Brazil, IN!

tr1gg3r

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2011
    The Fortress
    Was my first 1500 today. Didn't pick up much, but got some essentials in the form of: 1,000 cast 9mm bullets, an INGO sticker, an INGO patch, and two INGO barrel flags. I'm curious to see how these Vance bullets shoot...

seamus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I got an INGO hat, thanks guys for loaning my G/F a chair. I also bought a really nice iwb holster for my PF-9 from Stoner holsters, and a 511 backpack. I was a little surprised at the mob scene this show, it was a little too crowded for me, so I didn't stay near as long as I planned.

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    Picked up a sling mount for the AR so I can finally mount the single point sling I got at the last 1500.

8 MRE entree's

ATI heat shield with ghost sites for my Mossy 500

Team INGO shirt, I think this may become my new fav.

Top Bottom