• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Shay

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Indy
    So the same people who never liked Yeager are still talking about how now they really don't like Yeager.

Same story, different thread.

WestSider

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Apr 16, 2008
    Putnam County
    I agree with the guy that said why do we care so much about James Yeager and what is is doing 24hrs a day?? Kind of scary actually the cult following he is starting to get from doing YouTube videos.

I like his videos, apart from the occasional profanity I agree with most of what he says and he gives very sound advice and information, I'll leave the other stuff between him and whoever these people are that I guess are calling him out.

Like I stated earlier I did comment on that video and asked him if he knows that by continually responding to these people he is empowering them and he basically told me to @#$% off so whatever, none of my business I guess, I just can't imagine putting something out there that would put my family at risk, if I did something like this I think the person that showed up would be my wife with my Mossberg 590A1. lol

loudpedal

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Parc Fermé
    In my opinion Yeager is not a coward. I have never served in the military or known the fear, and confusion of combat. Therefore I lack the authority to comment on cowardice in that situation.

I think however that anyone who has served in that capacity has probably exhibited bravery, as I suspect Yeager has on other occasions. We just have not see those videos.

With that said; I still have one burning question regarding the Yeager that I know from youtube videos. Is douchebag one word or two? :dunno:

Last edited:

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    So the same people who never liked Yeager are still talking about how now they really don't like Yeager.

Well I had no opinion about him and only decided to check out this thread because it kept going and going like the energizer bunny. I didn't read the bulk of the posts as I still don't really know about Yeager (other than he is apparently an outspoken gun trainer) or care one way or another about him. My only comment is the video in the OP was full of douchebaggery. And now I am back out of this thread and back to not caring one way or another about Mr. Yeager.

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus

Let me ask you a question, since you yourself are an instructor. If you where in a similar situation as James, would you make a video publically calling people out? Offering them to come and say it to your face, a situation that may turn violent? I think you assume that if someone does not worship the guy, that they don't like him.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    This is very similar to all the threads about Chicago. People don't live there, but continue to post about their laws and the fact they will never go there. It's beyond me, but I've stopped posting in those threads, instead of arguing their validity.

This is what I think about these "coward" videos from Yeager. He just may be suffering from some sort of PTS that needs to be dealt with. The military provides services for its members who participate in combat at all levels and especially identifies and deals with those who have lost team members. I don't know what kind of support a civilian contractor provides for its employees after similar events, if any. I'm no psychiatrist, but I could only imagine the number of times someone thinks about what they could have done differently after an experience like that.

Most likely, Yeager didn't come back and immediately post that video and AAR. Someone put it out there and he feels the need to defend his honor. It's especially bitter when those posting the criticism have NEVER sat on green ramp, not knowing what they are about to get into. They've never been in a battle with an enemy, only to see one of their teammates lose their life. Heck, they've never even been in a simple fist fight! The aftermath of combat is a very tough life issue to carry every day for most veterans.

To disagree with Yeager's videos is one thing, after all critiques can be a good thing. However, to be called a coward is a huge kick in the nuts for the average man. I have an idea. For those who want to call him a coward, I make a simple request:

1. Post the information pertaining to your last gun fight. If military, include the place of deployment and any pertinent information that is not classified; AND
    2. Post the name of your team member who died;

Everyone else should just simply dog James' videos if you don't like them and leave the labeling to those who have performed perfectly in battle.

JS1911

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 12, 2012
    I've watched a few of his videos, he seems to give good, solid, practical advice when discussing firearms and tactics. I don't call people coward, especially since I have not served in the armed forces. I do think that he is a marketing genius, and pretty funny in a Kenny Powers sort of way.

Shay

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Indy
    Let me ask you a question, since you yourself are an instructor. If you where in a similar situation as James, would you make a video publically calling people out? Offering them to come and say it to your face, a situation that may turn violent? I think you assume that if someone does not worship the guy, that they don't like him.

I don't assume anything.

I see the same 8 people saying the same thing in every Yeager thread.

The anonymity of the Internet allows people to talk unlimited smack without consequences. You see it here. You see it on AR15.com. You see it on YouTube. And yet, you have no problem with that. You just seem to get upset at the guy who is telling people that if they believe that he truly is a coward, he will give them a ticket to allow them to say it to his face. In all the hundreds of people, here and elsewhere, who have called him a coward, not one has met him at SHOT Show or traveled to Tennessee to say the same to him in person.

I don't know what the outcome would be if someone took Yeager up on his offer. I do know that that person would have my respect for actually having the honor to back his words with actions.

Solitaire

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 8, 2012
    Indy
    I don't assume anything.

The anonymity of the Internet allows people to talk unlimited smack without consequences. You see it here. You see it on AR15.com. You see it on YouTube. And yet, you have no problem with that. You just seem to get upset at the guy who is telling people that if they believe that he truly is a coward, he will give them a ticket to allow them to say it to his face. In all the hundreds of people, here and elsewhere, who have called him a coward, not one has met him at SHOT Show or traveled to Tennessee to say the same to him in person.

I don't know what the outcome would be if someone took Yeager up on his offer. I do know that that person would have my respect for actually having the honor to back his words with actions.

I don't think he's a coward, but whether he is a coward or not is irrelevant. His immature, unstable rants and threats to kill people for talking smack about him leave no doubt in my mind that having any training from his organization on my resume would be a potential detriment if I ever had to use my gun in self defense. Not necessarily in a criminal trial, as a good shoot is a good shoot, but civil trials are much different. I think that a good attorney would have a field day with someone who shot someone after receiving training from this unstable clown.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    This stuff gets funnier and funnier. Did I see a duel contract? lmao

Still no idea where it comes from and if it's legit. :dunno:

Im willing to get in a fist fight if I can get a free plane ticket but not in a gun duel with a firearm instructor. :):

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    This is very similar to all the threads about Chicago. People don't live there, but continue to post about their laws and the fact they will never go there. It's beyond me, but I've stopped posting in those threads, instead of arguing their validity.

This is what I think about these "coward" videos from Yeager. He just may be suffering from some sort of PTS that needs to be dealt with. The military provides services for its members who participate in combat at all levels and especially identifies and deals with those who have lost team members. I don't know what kind of support a civilian contractor provides for its employees after similar events, if any. I'm no psychiatrist, but I could only imagine the number of times someone thinks about what they could have done differently after an experience like that.

Most likely, Yeager didn't come back and immediately post that video and AAR. Someone put it out there and he feels the need to defend his honor. It's especially bitter when those posting the criticism have NEVER sat on green ramp, not knowing what they are about to get into. They've never been in a battle with an enemy, only to see one of their teammates lose their life. Heck, they've never even been in a simple fist fight! The aftermath of combat is a very tough life issue to carry every day for most veterans.

To disagree with Yeager's videos is one thing, after all critiques can be a good thing. However, to be called a coward is a huge kick in the nuts for the average man. I have an idea. For those who want to call him a coward, I make a simple request:

1. Post the information pertaining to your last gun fight. If military, include the place of deployment and any pertinent information that is not classified; AND

Everyone else should just simply dog James' videos if you don't like them and leave the labeling to those who have performed perfectly in battle.

:laugh: I've been called a coward and accused of hiding in my basement here multiple times because I don't want to be my neighborhood watch captain.

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    I don't assume anything.

You don't assume anything? Pot meet kettle. I'm upset because I call it how I see it? I have had people call me a coward to my face, so what. Is it worth getting in a fight over, no. It takes a bigger man to walk away and just brush it off. I realize some people here are hard core fan boys. One in paticular I think is only promoting James for personal gain. Whatever floats your boat. That's my opinion. If anyone does not like it, tough ****. I never said I did not like the guy, as I do not personally know him.

seldon14

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    I don't think he's a coward, but whether he is a coward or not is irrelevant. His immature, unstable rants and threats to kill people for talking smack about him leave no doubt in my mind that having any training from his organization on my resume would be a potential detriment if I ever had to use my gun in self defense. Not necessarily in a criminal trial, as a good shoot is a good shoot, but civil trials are much different. I think that a good attorney would have a field day with someone who shot someone after receiving training from this unstable clown.

This is pretty much what I was thinking.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana

Responding to words on the Internet with death threats shows who and what you are. If he can't handle being called a coward without instantly going on a roid rage rant, he probably shouldn't consider himself a grown ass man. He may be a coward, he may not be. He definitely doesn't seem to be very intelligent or emotionally stable.

Top Bottom