• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    I post lots of videos, and many of them contain Yeager. But this one constitutes stirring the pot?

I'm curious, what made you click on this thread, watch the video, and post a comment?
    Well, you're stirring the pot, and he loves some good home made soup!

Solitaire

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 8, 2012
    Indy
    I post lots of videos, and many of them contain Yeager. But this one constitutes stirring the pot?

I'm curious, what made you click on this thread, watch the video, and post a comment?

You're not serious, are you? You post a thread with this title and a level 10 douchebag video, and don't think it's stirring the pot?

I think you are just being the Ad Man here. As P.T. Barnum said, there's no such thing as bad publicity. This circus has a few more rings that those of old, but one thing hasn't changed. The clowns are still in business.

:):

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    You're not serious, are you? You post a thread with this title and a level 10 douchebag video, and don't think it's stirring the pot?

When I post a video I use the video title as the thread title. So that's Yeager's title, not mine. I do the same with every video.

I think you are just being the Ad Man here.

Won't deny that. ;)

thebishopp

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 26, 2010
    Indiana
    I've watched a few of his videos, he seems to give good, solid, practical advice when discussing firearms and tactics. I don't call people coward, especially since I have not served in the armed forces. I do think that he is a marketing genius, and pretty funny in a Kenny Powers sort of way.

I would have thought it was a good marketing technique to drum up activity (and mentioned so a long time ago when I first saw his videos) right up until he threatened to kill people and put out a dueling contract.

At that point he made himself a liability to everyone who has ever trained with him. Especially those members of law enforcement or other civilian organizations.

Any one of those "15,000" get into a situation where they actually kill someone and these videos of Yeager and his dueling contract come up will cause some serious doubt in the mind of the jury on the shooters own sanity. People act how they are trained, instructors train as they believe. This guy obviously believes in responding to questions about his actions with death threats. He was fine with the whole "kick your ass" (although immature) but stepped over the line with his recent antics.

By the way, This guy is also representing your 2nd Amendment protected rights. Imagine the field day some of the anti-gun organizations could have with this guy. Thank god they probably haven't heard of him yet. Key word being "yet".

Shay

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Indy
    You don't assume anything? Pot meet kettle. I'm upset because I call it how I see it? I have had people call me a coward to my face, so what. Is it worth getting in a fight over, no. It takes a bigger man to walk away and just brush it off. I realize some people here are hard core fan boys. One in paticular I think is only promoting James for personal gain. Whatever floats your boat. That's my opinion. If anyone does not like it, tough ****. I never said I did not like the guy, as I do not personally know him.

The language filter caught your little swear word. I thought you didn't get upset?

thebishopp

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 26, 2010
    Indiana
    This is what I think about these "coward" videos from Yeager. He just may be suffering from some sort of PTS that needs to be dealt with. The military provides services for its members who participate in combat at all levels and especially identifies and deals with those who have lost team members. I don't know what kind of support a civilian contractor provides for its employees after similar events, if any. I'm no psychiatrist, but I could only imagine the number of times someone thinks about what they could have done differently after an experience like that.

Most likely, Yeager didn't come back and immediately post that video and AAR. Someone put it out there and he feels the need to defend his honor. It's especially bitter when those posting the criticism have NEVER sat on green ramp, not knowing what they are about to get into. They've never been in a battle with an enemy, only to see one of their teammates lose their life. Heck, they've never even been in a simple fist fight! The aftermath of combat is a very tough life issue to carry every day for most veterans.

-Wasn't our very own Jeremy in that area when it all went down?-

I can say by watching the video of him talking to that woman that he looks like a "guilty" man. A person who is plagued by guilt. I am not a psychiatrist either but I have seen a version of this in "survivors guilt" suffered by people I have known. Questioning why they lived and others did not. Also in some criminals I have arrested as well (not saying he is a criminal just commenting on where I have seen higher levels of "guilt").

In Yeager's case he has made up all sorts of excuses as to why he wasn't responsible for his team mates deaths (in his own personal AAR). He briefly acknowledges that then starts trying to justify why his disabling of his own vehicle and getting his entire team pinned down didn't really matter because if he hadn't then the soldiers at the check point would have fired upon them.

The fact is that his actions of putting the vehicle in neutral and applying the emergency brake (seemingly to indicate a lax attitude) was a huge mistake and THE reason the team could not move out of the ambush area.

THAT was a mistake, and while a very big one, just a mistake. Things like that happen and what would most likely be best for his own "psyche" would be to acknowledge that rather than try to make up reasons in his head why his mistake was actually "ok".

You can't run from your sub conscience and in my opinion his "rage" is that his knowledge of that conflicts with the egotistical self image he has.

Remember this is the guy in his own words says the company made him a scapegoat because he was complaining about their operating procedures and their mistakes. Then he makes a colossal one and people die. I would be surprised if it didn't bother him.

Some mistakes do not come with a high price. Some you pay for the rest of your life, or with it and possibly other's lives.

To disagree with Yeager's videos is one thing, after all critiques can be a good thing.

Apparently not in Yeager's or many of his supporters case :rolleyes: - but seriously... Yeager does put out some good stuff, not his stuff, he is repeating a lot of things he learned elsewhere but so do most instructors anyway.

However, to be called a coward is a huge kick in the nuts for the average man.

Actually the only people I've known to get "fighting", and in Yeager's case, "killing" mad about being called names, coward being one of them, are those filled with insecurity.

The fact is we are all "cowards" by strict definition of the word in some way or another.

An example: Ever tell your wife/significant other that her ass doesn't look fat in those jeans when it actually does? Coward. Afraid of the circumstances of such honesty. That is cowardice.

Now there are some professions/occupations where certain types of cowardice are simply not acceptable. Even the "appearance" of cowardice can be highly detrimental to the cohesiveness, unity, and trust within a squad/team/group.

I have an idea. For those who want to call him a coward, I make a simple request:

1. Post the information pertaining to your last gun fight. If military, include the place of deployment and any pertinent information that is not classified; AND
    2. Post the name of your team member who died;

Everyone else should just simply dog James' videos if you don't like them and leave the labeling to those who have performed perfectly in battle.

There are many of us on here who have been in "life or death" situations (many of us here are either ex-military who have been in combat or are current or former law enforcement who's every call or traffic stop could be "the one" we don't go home from).

It is ridiculous to make a "requirement" that one has to have been in the exact same situation as Mr. Yeager to make an analysis based on the video and official AAR (needs both as the video doesn't show much - it is damning in a supporting role to the AAR).

Also the "losing a team mate" requirement does not make sense. Would that not make one more likely to join the fight? The loss or wounding of a friend or team mate would, to me at least, make me want to fight even more.

Almost everyone feels fear. It is what we do in that moment which dictates our character. Determines whether we are "cowards" in that moment or not.

The real question here is would you, regardless of your profession/occupation, want one of your team mates doing what Yeager did if you were ever in a life or death situation?

Keeping in mind that Yeager could of run out of "fear" or he could of run purely because he hated his team mates and didn't give a crap if they died or not as long as he was safe (not fear just not willing to risk his life for people he disliked).

If you have no problem with someone running off "for cover" and leaving you to die (for whatever reason and for the duration of the "threat") then fine. He is your man.

Be very aware though that there are reasons for saying like "birds of a feather flock together". You will associate with those most like you or those you most aspire to be like.

Last edited:

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    My wife loves it when I tell her she has a fat butt. Why would anybody be scared to say that to their wife? :dunno:

thebishopp

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 26, 2010
    Indiana
    Was the dueling contract really made by Yeager?

Sign A Duel Contract And Possibly Get Murdered By James Yeager

"Matt

I’m the one who got that contract for him. He unfortunately refuses to go by his statement in his first video, of doing “whatever it takes” to get someone to call him a coward. He wont just send me a plane ticket, let alone a round trip ticket and hotel room, and instead insists on this convoluted contract for a one way ticket.

Also although I told him that Tennessee doesnt permit mutual combat, and that this “contract” does nothing, he insists on having it signed. Also due to the requirements for a “second”, it would make it economically infusible for me to take this trolling further."

I have a message in (under dps) asking "Matt" if he mean't "from" instead of "for" but based upon the rest of "Matt's" post the contract came "from" Yeager.

Edit:

Looks like he Yeager posted it on his own FB page according to this.

http://www.wallsofthecity.net/2012/12/james-yeager-violated-the-tennessee-constitution.html

Last edited:

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    I for one do not think he is a Coward. I was not there during the particular situation, so I will not make assumptions about what happened. Do I think he looks like an ass in this video, yes. What good does it do to call people out on the internet? How is that any better than what others are doing. Honestly, it sheds bad light on the gun community, gun owners, and trainers. OMG, someone called me a coward on the internets. Now I'm going to be the bigger man and make a video about it, and issue a challenge. Like I said, I'm just calling it for what it is. Shame on me for not falling in the, worship James Yeager line. Maybe I should promote him and get some free training.

Top Bottom