• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Amsdorf

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 16, 2012
    Missouri
    BTW Paul it looks like your YouTube channel is updated pretty regularly. Feel free to post them up here on INGO as we always love a good discussion. Gonna go check out your Aimpoint T1 video right now.

Forgive me while I reach for the defibrillator!!!

A gun forum moderator actually inviting me to post my videos??

I have been excoriated, castigated, pilloried, mocked, ridiculed and nearly castrated and executed for.....wait for it....wait for it.....

Posting gun related videos on gun forums!

Thanks, bro, I will.

:rockwoot:

Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN

I have been excoriated, castigated, pilloried, mocked, ridiculed and nearly castrated and executed for.....wait for it....wait for it.....

Thanks, bro, I will.

It's apparent that you are on a different gun forum

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Thanks, I felt that it was only fair and honorable to say what I thought directly to "the world" just as James Yeager did. If I was going to criticize him, I wanted to be up front and in his face about it, via YouTube, just as he did. Since he apparently was not serious about his "challenge" to duel, and since he took his video down, perhaps he thought better of the whole ridiculous video.

Now, to respond to your question, it is quite simple.

YouTube is world wide, everyone has access to it, so whatever any of us do on YouTube reflects, for better or for worse, on all gun owners and all gun shooters. Period. End of story.

It is just the way it is.

So, when a guy like Yeager does the incredibly stupid and foolish things he does, it reflects badly on all of us.

Putting a photographer in front of people shooting weapons, several times, doing his foolish "Danger Check" before making a video and his latest stunt only makes him and by extension all gun enthusiasts look like nuts.

For more...see my video.

;)

I agree with your statements to a certain degree, but Yeager does not reflect badly on me, just himself. To agree with this is similar to saying that murderers and all other criminals who use firearms reflect badly on us. Now, I understand you haven't gone that far in your statement, but I don't take responsibility for Yeager's videos or his training. I only take responsibility for my own actions.

I'm glad to learn that he took that video down and hopefully he can get back to posting information without all the drama. I wonder how he would be perceived if he never started the retaliation postings? No, some would still not agree with his training, but I'm sure he would have much more support.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg

Thanks, bro, I will.

This should not be a surprise. It looks like you have some great stuff and I'll certainly be subscribing. :yesway:

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy

Really sorry to hear that. It's not a worry here.

You'll find that I'm the guy who posts the majority of Yeager's videos as they are released. Despite popular opinion (we're lovers, I have a man crush, I only want free training, etc) I do it because I like looking for "pieces of the puzzle" and enjoy discussing guns and tactics on a gun forum. I post videos from several other sources as well but those are never questioned.

Anyway, I think your videos would be a welcome addition here and look forward to the discussions as they come.

Amsdorf

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 16, 2012
    Missouri
    I agree with your statements to a certain degree, but Yeager does not reflect badly on me, just himself. To agree with this is similar to saying that murderers and all other criminals who use firearms reflect badly on us. Now, I understand you haven't gone that far in your statement, but I don't take responsibility for Yeager's videos or his training. I only take responsibility for my own actions.

I'm glad to learn that he took that video down and hopefully he can get back to posting information without all the drama. I wonder how he would be perceived if he never started the retaliation postings? No, some would still not agree with his training, but I'm sure he would have much more support.

I understand what you are saying, but I've become acutely aware in the past year or so just how far reaching YouTube videos actually can be...I've got my only modest little channel, and it never ceases to amaze me how many people, from how diverse a background "tune in" and watch them. I'm approaching almost 900,000 views, which is chump change compared to the "big guys"

But, Yeager's videos are seen by a LOT of people.

As for me, I just could not feel right about my participation in the YouTube shooting community and remain silent after I saw Yeager's stupid video(s).

I take no responsibility for Yeager's foolishness, but I do feel a need to respond to it and say something about it, for those who watch my videos and others who watch gun channel videos.

Believe it or not, I actually was contacted personally and directly by Larry Vickers himself who noticed a comment on my Yeager video that claimed that Yeager had taught a class for Larry.

LAV politely asked me to make sure that comment was corrected.

I saluted and did so.

:ingo:

jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    It could reflect badly on me if I were to watch his videos at work or around friends and family. That is why I choose not to. He could be the greatest most experienced trainer in the world and it wouldn't matter to me.

Amsdorf

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 16, 2012
    Missouri
    Really sorry to hear that. It's not a worry here.

You'll find that I'm the guy who posts the majority of Yeager's videos as they are released. Despite popular opinion (we're lovers, I have a man crush, I only want free training, etc) I do it because I like looking for "pieces of the puzzle" and enjoy discussing guns and tactics on a gun forum. I post videos from several other sources as well but those are never questioned.

Anyway, I think your videos would be a welcome addition here and look forward to the discussions as they come.

Well, I never said I don't watch his videos.

LOL

:dunno:

Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    I wish there was a cliff notes version of this post, for im to lazy to read the previous 48 pages.

some people called JY a coward, couple ingo members argued about it, mentioned the "dueling" contract and video stating JY would duel anybody who called him a coward, couple people almost got a "vacation", more arguing, Fenway bragging about his new sports car, the new guy posted his video telling JY to pack his bag and GTFO, and you asked for clip notes.

Amsdorf

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 16, 2012
    Missouri
    some people called JY a coward, couple ingo members argued about it, mentioned the "dueling" contract and video stating JY would duel anybody who called him a coward, couple people almost got a "vacation", more arguing, Fenway bragging about his new sports car, the new guy posted his video telling JY to pack his bag and GTFO, and you asked for clip notes.

Nicely done sir! That about sums it up.

Fenway

no longer pays the bills
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2008
    behind you
    +1

Welcome to INGO! And thanks for putting your thoughts together in a similar format. Often its been suggested that the harshest critics should do the same in an effort to show that putting yourself out there isn't as easy as it seems. Props to you for articulately stating your opinion.

Top Bottom