New guy here...here is my response to the Yeager "I'll duel you" incident:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=spQ4zHKsKZc[/ame]

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    "I don't approve of how he acts, I think he puts all gun owners in a bad light, but I'll support him financially. "

I don't understand that line of thinking.

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    "I don't approve of how he acts, I think he puts all gun owners in a bad light, but I'll support him financially. "

I don't understand that line of thinking.
    That's because you and I have differing views on training.

ETA: It may also allow the opportunity to talk to him, face to face, about how I feel about his videos... I'd suggest that to you too, but you've already balked at the opportunity.

Fenway

no longer pays the bills
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2008
    behind you
    At this rate I might be looking into another Bugatti or maybe a tactical vehicle!!!! Can we hit 20,000 views please?

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    New guy here...here is my response to the Yeager "I'll duel you" incident:

Welcome to INGO! And thanks for putting your thoughts together in a similar format. Often its been suggested that the harshest critics should do the same in an effort to show that putting yourself out there isn't as easy as it seems. Props to you for articulately stating your opinion.

I do have some questions for those that feel he's a "bad example" of gun owners. To whom is he a bad example? Does anyone who isn't already interested in firearms even know who James Yeager is? Or care?

I think every industry has its characters and I see Yeager as one of the "extremes" in the firearms industry. Are we worried that those who know nothing about firearms will think we're all like Yeager, like everyone thinks all professional chefs are like Gordon Ramsey?

I could maybe get on board with this line of thinking if Yeager were more popular to the general public, but he isn't (that I'm aware of). Even his participation in the TV show One Man Army didn't rocket him to any place of national notoriety.

So who is it that is pointing to James Yeager as the mouthpiece of gun owners?

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    New guy here...

BTW Paul it looks like your YouTube channel is updated pretty regularly. Feel free to post them up here on INGO as we always love a good discussion. Gonna go check out your Aimpoint T1 video right now.

Amsdorf

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 16, 2012
    Missouri
    Welcome to INGO! And thanks for putting your thoughts together in a similar format. Often its been suggested that the harshest critics should do the same in an effort to show that putting yourself out there isn't as easy as it seems. Props to you for articulately stating your opinion.

I do have some questions for those that feel he's a "bad example" of gun owners. To whom is he a bad example? Does anyone who isn't already interested in firearms even know who James Yeager is? Or care?

I think every industry has its characters and I see Yeager as one of the "extremes" in the firearms industry. Are we worried that those who know nothing about firearms will think we're all like Yeager, like everyone thinks all professional chefs are like Gordon Ramsey?

I could maybe get on board with this line of thinking if Yeager were more popular to the general public, but he isn't (that I'm aware of). Even his participation in the TV show One Man Army didn't rocket him to any place of national notoriety.

So who is it that is pointing to James Yeager as the mouthpiece of gun owners?

Thanks, I felt that it was only fair and honorable to say what I thought directly to "the world" just as James Yeager did. If I was going to criticize him, I wanted to be up front and in his face about it, via YouTube, just as he did. Since he apparently was not serious about his "challenge" to duel, and since he took his video down, perhaps he thought better of the whole ridiculous video.

Now, to respond to your question, it is quite simple.

YouTube is world wide, everyone has access to it, so whatever any of us do on YouTube reflects, for better or for worse, on all gun owners and all gun shooters. Period. End of story.

It is just the way it is.

So, when a guy like Yeager does the incredibly stupid and foolish things he does, it reflects badly on all of us.

Putting a photographer in front of people shooting weapons, several times, doing his foolish "Danger Check" before making a video and his latest stunt only makes him and by extension all gun enthusiasts look like nuts.

For more...see my video.

;)

Top Bottom