• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    Ok,since this is America....this Yeager guy is entitled to his opinion,just as we all are....I don't have to agree with it,and I don't....Glocks are fine,reliable weapons,but personally I much prefer a 1911.......and my opinion is that if Glocks are "all that and a bag of chips" why doesn't the military use them instead of the Beretta M-9..even some of the special forces teams use 1911's,and to the best of my knowledge,none of them use Glocks,either(if I'm misinformed, let me know)..........I have my own opinions about Yeager as well,but I'll keep them to myself,to save scutter,et al,the trouble of editing;).......as always folks,this is just my :twocents:,feel free to agree or disagree...it's all good

so with thinking... the M9 is a superior handgun to the 1911? Since, you know, the Army chose to go that route...

I was in during that transition, and not many thought it was a good choice. But then again, not everyone carried one, except Officers, tankers, MP's. Rifles are far more important to soldiers.

and yup, you are misinformed, some Army SF guys are using Glock 19's downrange and even though they still learn the 1911 in the USSOCOM Joint Armorers course, they don't actively carry them.

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    I kinda like his shirt. Does that make me a bad peron?

Nah, you have to endorse Hitler and Mussolini, provide sanctuary to Nazi war criminals, get excommunicated by the Pope, bomb your own countrymen, get exiled and have the hands cut off your corpse to qualify as a bad Peron.

TomN

'tis but a flesh wound!
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    Elkhart
    Nah, you have to endorse Hitler and Mussolini, provide sanctuary to Nazi war criminals, get excommunicated by the Pope, bomb your own countrymen, get exiled and have the hands cut off your corpse to qualify as a bad Peron.

Well nuts, I might be in trouble then.

Nightwalker65

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2011
    Seymour
    so with thinking... the M9 is a superior handgun to the 1911? Since, you know, the Army chose to go that route...

I was in during that transition, and not many thought it was a good choice. But then again, not everyone carried one, except Officers, tankers, MP's. Rifles are far more important to soldiers.

and yup, you are misinformed, some Army SF guys are using Glock 19's downrange and even though they still learn the 1911 in the USSOCOM Joint Armorers course, they don't actively carry them.
    Didn't mean to infer that any of the weapons mentioned in my post were superior to the others....just voicing my opinion that I don't believe the Glock is the "be all and end all" of handguns..there are many other fine handguns out there as well....and thanks for the correction..I can't be right all the time,that would be boring

barrelmaker_2002

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 8, 2009
    Rochester, MN
    If you follow the interwebz at all you would know that he has been saying this for years. If his classes did not teach relevant, current, and fundamentally strong gun fighting skills he would not be growing his customer base.

I have not heard of this guy prior to this year. And that is not evidence of "not following the interwebz" considering I do information research for a living and spend more time on the web than most people.

Regardless, the two most derisive and condescending posts were within the last year. So I stand my my statement that his customer numbers going forward are more important than the past

barrelmaker_2002

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 8, 2009
    Rochester, MN
    funny how we don't hear about "thick grip" issues from folks shooting double-stack 2011 handguns, eh?

My friend has two SVI 2011 pistols. And both of them have a slimmer grip than his Les Baer 1911. By less than 0.1 inches, but I digress.

I will also point out that grip thickess "feel" is both a function of circumference and the side to side measurement.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    Agian, Ive been lucky, Yeager is a douche bag, and I hate his shirt! :D

I would rather carry a 1911 and be a decent person than carry a Glock and be a douche to people who dont.

I would rather carry a Glock and be a decent person than carry a 1911 and be a douche to people who dont.

I cant belive this thread has gone as long as it has without any real resolution. Both are good platforms both will serve you when needed.

Practice is key with any equipment. Find what works for you and stick with it and PRACTICE PRACTICE PRACTICE until you can do it in your sleep or even after being punched in the neck. Although Im not sure how to practice for that short of getting punched in the neck and trying to shoot. Honestly I wouldnt want to be the guy punching the shooters in the neck but if Mr. Yeager volunteers to punch me in the neck then i would be glad to try to shoot him afterward.

In any case I think some have taken this thread to far and WAY to serious! The OP has stated more than once that he has no problems with 1911s but prefers a Glock. There is no reason to attack him personally.

My personal preference is for a Sig or a CZ.

I have no prblems with Glock or 1911s and have and will own both again.

this thread has almost become childish and I have lost interest.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Yeah this thread was more fun with beer.

Agreed. It was an easier read after 3 or 9 beers last night.
    I went to the range with my brand new Springfield 1911 A-1 yesterday and put the 1st 200 rds. through it without a hitch. It grouped well at 25 yds. (our practice distance) and I was upside down happy. The 2 Glock gunners next to us were shooting 10 yds. and could not believe my antique design (their words..not mean but they were serious) could hit at that range. We put targets up at 50 and I was on paper 8 for 8. They both tried and died. They had not much else to say. Young folks think that new is better, tech over form and all of that. The 1911 is just to sexy and reliable to put down.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    We put targets up at 50 and I was on paper 8 for 8. They both tried and died. They had not much else to say. Young folks think that new is better, tech over form and all of that. The 1911 is just to sexy and reliable to put down.

you are correct, your friends need to learn how to shoot their guns

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AY5RURFEGd8

It's the Indian, not the arrow.

Mudcat

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Warrick county
    Hilarious, love the video, even being a former 1911 guy I can agree. Not just about the gun but about the mentality of 1911 lovers. I have a well worn G19 an M&P and a Keltec all have been more reliable than any of the 1911s I have had.
    Being one of those 15,000 through Tactical Response I understand his humor and satire, it is even more fun in his classes. Who gives a **** about his shirt last I remember this is a gun forum not a fashion forum.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Hilarious, love the video, even being a former 1911 guy I can agree. Not just about the gun but about the mentality of 1911 lovers. I have a well worn G19 an M&P and a Keltec all have been more reliable than any of the 1911s I have had.
    Being one of those 15,000 through Tactical Response I understand his humor and satire, it is even more fun in his classes. Who gives a **** about his shirt last I remember this is a gun forum not a fashion forum.

No offence but what kind of 1911 platforms did you have. Mine are all spot on reliable. Have plastic guns as well and like them but love my 1911's. They have never let me down to date. I have worn out an extractor in 1 but it was well into the 5000 rd. count....All personal preference.
    He was wearing a shirt...who cares.

68_F100

Expert
    Rating - 93.9%
    31   2   0
    Nov 8, 2010
    North Salem
    If any company could copy Glocks then you would have the same issues. If ony one company built 1911's and thats all they did then I am sure you would have a much more level feild to compare to.

Faine

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 2, 2012
    Indy (South Side)
    yar

What a thread, took two days to read it, lol.

The video clearly was nothing more than a man stereotyping 1911 owners. His anti 1911 opinions are nothing more than peoples anti plastic opinions. For every bad 1911 there's a bad plastic gun, my wifes Glock jammed up 5 times on the first clip we put through it.... Doesn't make her not a Glock girl and me not a 1911 guy.

Mudcat

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Warrick county
    The 2 1911s that I had were a Colt series 70 Commander,and a Springfield. I have shot several more and yes there are great 1911s out there a Nighthawk Custom is an awesome gun but it has that hand fitted quality price tag. To get a quality 1911 is out of my budget. For that kind of coin I could get a new (insert favorite brand here) plastic gun buy a couple cases of ammo and take some classes. In my mind that is much better use of my funds, will make me a better fighter and able to protect myself and my family. Much better than a $3000 pistol sitting in the safe because I don't want it to get scratched or holster wear which will hurt the investment. I buy guns for me to shoot, train and fight with, those are the only reasons.
    I am going to go shooting, have a nice day.

Top Bottom