• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Txlur

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Aug 17, 2011
    NWI
    15,000 students? That is a lot of classes to teach in a short time, considering all the combat experience he has had. Maybe he just teaches really big classes. I've never met anyone that knows exactly how many students they have taught. They can estimate (GUESS). I call BS. Just another mall ninja opinion to me.

Hahaha! Now this guy is a liar because he can't count?!?! No computer records or reciepts of payment exist, eh? Good Thor in the sky people, some people have firearms with round counts that high, because they can count.

So his mall ninja opinion on handguns (that is what you mean in the last sentence, right?) is attached, somehow, to his ability to count, ability to make a YouTube video, and a stupid shirt. What a mall ninja liar, right?:popcorn:

Astounding logic leaps here guys, keep them coming.

Sailor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Fort Wayne
    Well there ya go....plus I understand the width of one's hand and trigger finger to thumb joint distance also has some bearing in trigger reach/grip but that is harder to measure/compare.

You must be an engineer. My trigger finger is 2.75 inches and it does not matter. If you do not understand that then take another NRA class and move on.

WebHobbit

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    Spencer County
    You must be an engineer. My trigger finger is 2.75 inches and it does not matter. If you do not understand that then take another NRA class and move on.

WTF?

I'm sorry I don't understand your post at all.

:dunno:

If your trigger finger is really that friggin' short it most certainly WILL matter. Pick any Glock up and honestly tell me it indexes properly. There is NO POSSIBLE way that will work.

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Though I usually carry a Glock (20 or 29) and have owned several, Glocks are not without problems either.

I HAD a Glock Model 21 I bought new in he 1990's that didn't feed reliably.

Even after returning it to Glock for repair, it NEVER reliably worked without jamming to where I could depend on it.

I finally sold it because i couldn't trust it.

Yet I have a Springfield Armory Stainless 1911 that was made in Brazil I bought new in the 1980's that I can't remember EVER being unreliable.
    And it's just an out of the box pistol.

Sailor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Fort Wayne
    Probably have 5k rounds through my 19. Taken Yeager's Fighting Pistol hosted by the great guys at the Seymour PD.

I train A LOT compared to the average mall ninja.

Its not about gear dude. Not about the angle of your grip. Not about how your gun indexes. Gear is last on the list of importance. You are thinking wrong.

Nightwalker65

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2011
    Seymour
    Ok,since this is America....this Yeager guy is entitled to his opinion,just as we all are....I don't have to agree with it,and I don't....Glocks are fine,reliable weapons,but personally I much prefer a 1911.......and my opinion is that if Glocks are "all that and a bag of chips" why doesn't the military use them instead of the Beretta M-9..even some of the special forces teams use 1911's,and to the best of my knowledge,none of them use Glocks,either(if I'm misinformed, let me know)..........I have my own opinions about Yeager as well,but I'll keep them to myself,to save scutter,et al,the trouble of editing;).......as always folks,this is just my :twocents:,feel free to agree or disagree...it's all good

WebHobbit

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    Spencer County
    Probably have 5k rounds through my 19. Taken Yeager's Fighting Pistol hosted by the great guys at the Seymour PD.

I train A LOT compared to the average mall ninja.

Its not about gear dude. Not about the angle of your grip. Not about how your gun indexes. Gear is last on the list of importance. You are thinking wrong.

As I said before I can certainly hit with a G19. I've shot my friend's plenty. But I think for MOST people understress they aint gonna have time to think about shifting the gun around to compensate for it not fitting in the web of the hand correctly. This will result in a 'cocked' hold and poor accuracy. I'm sure with enough training with the over-sized piece the fudged grip could become second nature...I dunno. I'd just rather have something that fit right to begin with.

Top Bottom