• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    now this is a whole other argument that I think more people will likely rally to.

to a certain extent, I liken it to Gibson USA vs Gibson Custom Shop guitars. The law of diminishing returns definitely comes into play.

Well, maybe kinda. Diminishing returns I agree with, but skimping on your carry weapon is a much worse idea than skimping on your guitar.

WebHobbit

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    Spencer County
    I guess the 11 yr old girls don't have problems with Glock 19's?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hCuvmbeX8t0&feature=relmfu

I didn't say I couldn't SHOOT a Glock accurately. I can in fact - IF I fudge the grip. By "fudge the grip" I mean HOLD IT wrong. That is to say the barrel is not POINTING correctly (in line with the forearm). If a gun doesn't fit your hand (too big) you can angle it sideways slightly and get better trigger reach. This doesn't work too badly with standard two handed isosceles (or modified Weaver) but it's NOT instinctive or natural. I wouldn't want to rely on such a "fudging" in a defensive pistol that I carry. But just for range shooting it would be OK....I can pretty much GUARANTEE that 11 year old (unless she's oddly big with long fingers) IS 'fudging" the grip.

Last edited:

WebHobbit

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    Spencer County
    Tori says HTFU

tori-nonaka03.jpg

And I can GUARANTEE you her fingers are longer than my little hobbit digits...hell my wife's are too. :(

WebHobbit

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    Spencer County
    Well that's because guns like the S&W M & P....my XDm and even the the 4th gen Glock all have user replaceable back strap pieces that can radically SHORTEN the trigger reach. This is GOOD THING.

Sailor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Fort Wayne
    I didn't say I couldn't SHOOT a Glock accurately. I can in fact - IF I fudge the grip. By "fudge the grip" I mean HOLD IT wrong. That is to say the barrel is not POINTING correctly (in line with the forearm). If a gun doesn't fit your hand (too big) you can angle it sideways slightly and get better trigger reach. This doesn't work too badly with standard two handed isosceles (or modified Weaver) but it's NOT instinctive or natural. I wouldn't want to rely on such a "fudging" in a defensive pistol that I carry. But just for range shooting it would be OK....I can pretty much GUARANTEE that 11 year old (unless she's oddly big with long fingers) IS 'fudging" the grip.

So after you get punched in the neck and draw your gun in retention what natural and instinctive grip is best?

Armed-N-Ready

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Ft. Wayne
    Really

15,000 students? That is a lot of classes to teach in a short time, considering all the combat experience he has had. Maybe he just teaches really big classes. I've never met anyone that knows exactly how many students they have taught. They can estimate (GUESS). I call BS. Just another mall ninja opinion to me.

WebHobbit

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    Spencer County
    So after you get punched in the neck and draw your gun in retention what natural and instinctive grip is best?

I've found that a gun that fits my hand correctly WILL ALWAYS be right when I grab it....without even looking the bore will be aligned in my hand with my forearm like I am pointing my finger. The sights will line up pretty close too without much effort. Of course I have never tried this after being punched in the neck but why on earth would this work out any better with a gun thats too large and I have to fudge the grip to shoot it right?

Dough Boy 1911

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2010
    Hammond, IN
    As someone that has owned, fired and carried several Glocks and 1911 I prefer the 1911. I might be the rarity but my 1911's have actually proven to be more reliable then the glocks I've owned in the past. As as a former machinist and having worked in the automotive manufacturing industry for the past 12 years I can say he is correct about the "tolerance stacking" but with the precision of modern machining the tolerance gap has significantly narrowed. They are both great firearms but admittedly you have to do some research on the 1911 you choose but from a quality company I honestly believe they are every bit as reliable as any glock. Like some others have stated I hate to hear someone passing their opinion off as fact.

WebHobbit

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    Spencer County
    Well there ya go....plus I understand the width of one's hand and trigger finger to thumb joint distance also has some bearing in trigger reach/grip but that is harder to measure/compare.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    15,000 students? That is a lot of classes to teach in a short time, considering all the combat experience he has had. Maybe he just teaches really big classes. I've never met anyone that knows exactly how many students they have taught. They can estimate (GUESS). I call BS. Just another mall ninja opinion to me.

You aren't serious... are you?

What business of any kind doesn't keep documentation? Registration forums, money collected, training certificates issues, taxes filed... :dunno:

Top Bottom