Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    you are correct, your friends need to learn how to shoot their guns

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AY5RURFEGd8

It's the Indian, not the arrow.

Yeah, but I'm gonna have to say that shooting a bow with a wider brace height and a single cam is generally going to be easier to shoot accurately than the latest double cam firebreather which strips skin off your forearm as often as not...

Case in point, when I was shooting quals with a lightweight commander, it was far easier to shoot a possible than with the current M&P 45c. Both are certainly achievable, but one is a helluva lot easier for this Indian.

Pretending the arrow doesn't matter is just naive IMO.

Joe

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Yeah, but I'm gonna have to say that shooting a bow with a wider brace height and a single cam is generally going to be easier to shoot accurately than the latest double cam firebreather which strips skin off your forearm as often as not...

Case in point, when I was shooting quals with a lightweight commander, it was far easier to shoot a possible than with the current M&P 45c. Both are certainly achievable, but one is a helluva lot easier for this Indian.

Pretending the arrow doesn't matter is just naive IMO.

Joe

Of course equipment matters. My Trophy match Springer is a better shooting piece than my 70 series Colt with 7500 rds down the tube. I think the analogy was lost in the thread. I was at MCFG Saturday and there were to mid 20's Glock shooters in the next lane. The were doing 10 yard drills and I and the son in law practice at 25. The comment they made was astonishment that such an "Antique" design (1911) was doing so well at that distance. We went out to 50 and we were both on paper 8 for 8. They could not do that at 25 and the plastic guns both jambed. Point is some folks think it is all in the "Bow" as you put it. No knock on Glock, no knock on the folks using them.

Last edited:

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    Hickman: you really should get your bromance under control. You have become a Yeager nuts winger hardcore.

nah, you guys can keep your shirt hating, bromo homo undertones since you guys seem so fixated on that lifestyle.

I'm just having fun poking back at the Glock-haters, it's been an ongoing thing here for some time.

Spyke05

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    Indianapolis
    He does make a few valid statements but I know that some 1911s can and do perform at great standards. That being said I still choose glock.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    nah, you guys can keep your shirt hating, bromo homo undertones since you guys seem so fixated on that lifestyle.

I'm just having fun poking back at the Glock-haters, it's been an ongoing thing here for some time.

And we're having fun with the anti-1911 glock fanboy. IMO, there's too much hate here on this topic. They are both fine weapons.

paddling_man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Fishers
    And we're having fun with the anti-1911 glock fanboy. IMO, there's too much hate here on this topic. They are both fine weapons.

Yep. I own, like and use both. The ferocity of all responders & adherents would ONLY exist if both were fine platforms with their own unique virtues.

I honestly agree with much of the video - I simply find the messenger (YEAGER, not Hickman) unpalatable and don't form my opinion based on his.

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Hmmmm. Yeah........ Im gonna go ahead and pretend I didnt watch this video.

All motorcyles should be Kawasaki, all Kawasaki motorcycles should be 1000cc, All 1000cc Kawasakis should be ZX-10Rs. Ive been a Motorcycle Technician for 5 years and Ive grown up restoring and working on bikes, and I have thousands on hours on the road so I know. A Kawaski out of the box will go faster and last longer than any Harley on the street and people who own Harleys have invested thier ego in thier bike so when it breaks they cry about it.

there now Im just as cool as this guy.

Oh wait I need a youtube channel so I can publicly make an ass out of myself and the whole world can see.

What A freaking tool!

ROFLMAO...well said!!! :+1:

paddling_man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Fishers
    and the rest of us sit here commenting on the Internets :D

That would be me. :):

wendy.jpg

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    My first handgun was a colt 1911. It's been long enough ago that I only remember the good times and can't remember if I ever had any jamming issue with brass cased ammo. I still think a 1911 is a heck of a gun and it set the bar high for when it was introduced.

The glocks seem to be the new standard though. Whether I like it or not they are the benchmark that all others are measured by these days.

I think the correct answer is to have both, but I think the best gun out there is a G20 in terms of power, reliability and performance.

What's a G19 sell for these days?

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    This crap is still going on. Sell all your 1911's and buy a Glocks already. Stop being arrogant gun snobs that are all wrapped in up in your 1911's

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    This crap is still going on. Sell all your 1911's and buy a Glocks already. Stop being arrogant gun snobs that are all wrapped in up in your 1911's

Bite me. Not a snob just started out shooting 1911's at a very young age. I own and use both. I like my plastic guns but love my 1911's. Wouldn't want to be on the receiving end of either. Both have merit and both will "Kill" if need be. 1911's are sexy (JMHO) and glocks are bricks. Both work as designed.

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    Bite me. Not a snob just started out shooting 1911's at a very young age. I own and use both. I like my plastic guns but love my 1911's. Wouldn't want to be on the receiving end of either. Both have merit and both will "Kill" if need be. 1911's are sexy (JMHO) and glocks are bricks. Both work as designed.

1911's will knock people back 20 feet when you shoot them. Just hold the Glock gangsta style, and people will **** themselves.

tommyj223

Marksman
    Rating - 77.8%
    7   2   0
    Jan 17, 2012
    lowell
    My 1st was a 50 pan on the 50 wish bone. Rode it coast to coast. Paying for it now.
    No offense taken. So many nay-sayers and finger pointers on here.
    riding coast to coast on a rigid would be badass,im curently buliding a pan shovel,with the s and s side winder kit.100 ci, hopefully thaose old cases will handle it,thats on a set of 58 pan cases.Im not a glock fan much,im like my granddaddy,im old school.i love 1911s i think its all personal preference.my favorite shooter is the gi issue colt

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    For pretty much all types of consumer goods there is a product which is quantifiably the best compromise of positive and negative attributes for a given purpose. The market rewards such products with high sales volumes and proliferation. In some instances, the mere ubiquity of an item creates an illusion of superiority rather than what is actually true, market dominance. This is especially true in the government sector, as government agencies are notoriously averse to bucking the system that they both perpetuate and are prisoners to, resulting in most armed agencies selecting their issue weapon from a relatively short list of previously approved firearms which someone else already stuck their neck out to get approved. The Glock is a good example of a product which has flourished in this type of "me too", hidebound environment. There used to be a popular saying in government, tellingly not in use much anymore; "no one ever got fired by buying IBM". I think that Glock has become the IBM for most local, state and federal armed agencies because it is inexpensive, it is functional, and foremost in the minds of agency officials responsible for approving such choices, almost everyone else has picked it, "so I better, too". Recently Glock has started to pick up some competition in this market, from S&W and Springfield (with SIGs current offerings sucking hind tit), and who knows what the future will bring; but while the Glock is a fine choice, arguably better than any other choice out when assessed against the perceived needs and service criteria of these agencies, I think it must be remembered that the Toyota Camry is the best selling car in America, and it too is a great example of being an excellent product, dominant in its class, (as is McDonald's, and Bud Light for that matter), but we should never confuse ubiquity with supremacy. So Glocks are great. They aren't "the best handgun in the world".

Top Bottom