• ...and so much more!
  • ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Wait, because you have always struck me as someone who is informed.... do you think in the first few years of Obama’s administration, that the unemployment rate was attributed to his actions, and that unemployment did NOT trend down?

Nah, I was 20 when he was elected. I didn't know **** about politics. I just know that I got my first salaried job, and Rush Limbaugh indoctrinated me hard into the right-leaning stuff. I since evened out a bit after learning what was bull**** and what was reasonable.

I do, however, see a lot of people, generally, going out of their way to blame others for their own mistakes in the past decade. People tend to dig in rather than admit fault for anything.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    This isn't exclusive with Presidents, it's just modern society. Everyone blames someone/something else for their problems. It's just what you do.

Wait, because you have always struck me as someone who is informed.... do you think in the first few years of Obama’s administration, that the unemployment rate was attributed to his actions, and that unemployment did NOT trend down?

:scratch: This is the reply to that? I don't think he's saying what you seem to think he's saying.

Mikey1911

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 14, 2014
    Newburgh
    Nancy Pelosi has announced an impeachment of Andy Reid and Patrick Mahomes for abuse of football talent and obstruction of the 49er's.

What is Best in Life?

To Crush the 49ers (in the fourth quarter)
    See them driven back to Santa Clara before you
    And to hear the lamentation of the Californians!

THAT IS GOOD!!

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    well, I was in my 50's and I remember the media attacking Bush relentlessly over the economy for the last two years of his presidency. They lied for a year and a quarter, saying we were in a recession until they finally convinced the uninformed (with a car, two or three flat screens, a computer, a couple of cell phones) that we were.

I remember the mantra "We may not be in a recession, but it sure feels like one."

The spending bills sent to the president by the democrats spent us into more debt, yes Bush signed them, he did not have any political capitol to resist them. The debt ceiling had to be raised and then Senator Barack Obama stated that I it was "Immoral to raise it."

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    And I could accept it was bush’s fault if it continued to rise under bush. It didn’t. It went up, and started to come back down. Then as soon as Obama took over it went up to 10.

Uh, that's not really true. Don't you remember the housing crash? As I recall, it happened end of August 2008. After, the economy dumped hundreds of thousands of jobs per month for a year. That happened during Bush's term. The way you say it, it sounds like Bush's term ended just fine, then as soon as Obama was elected, it all went to hell. That's just not how it happened. It was in hell when Obama took over. I'm pretty sure that I don't like Obama any more than you do, but reality is reality. That was on Bush's housing policies, which he adopted from the Democrats. That's more of that Neocon "compassionate conservatism" on display there.

That's not to say Obama did a terrific job with the economy. The economy took years to straighten out, and Obama almost lost the 2012 election over it, and a lot of that was his fault. Plus, he married a man, so...

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Uh, that's not really true. Don't you remember the housing crash? As I recall, it happened end of August 2008. After, the economy dumped hundreds of thousands of jobs per month for a year. That happened during Bush's term. The way you say it, it sounds like Bush's term ended just fine, then as soon as Obama was elected, it all went to hell. That's just not how it happened. It was in hell when Obama took over. I'm pretty sure that I don't like Obama any more than you do, but reality is reality. That was on Bush's housing policies, which he adopted from the Democrats. That's more of that Neocon "compassionate conservatism" on display there.

That's not to say Obama did a terrific job with the economy. The economy took years to straighten out, and Obama almost lost the 2012 election over it, and a lot of that was his fault. Plus, he married a man, so...

:faint:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Nah, I was 20 when he was elected. I didn't know **** about politics. I just know that I got my first salaried job, and Rush Limbaugh indoctrinated me hard into the right-leaning stuff. I since evened out a bit after learning what was bull**** and what was reasonable.

I do, however, see a lot of people, generally, going out of their way to blame others for their own mistakes in the past decade. People tend to dig in rather than admit fault for anything.

Good to see you weened yourself off the Kookaid. << that was actually a typo, and then I thought it seemed fit.

People should try to figure out what's real and what's not. "Michelle" is a man who wears dresses. Barack is a woman who wears suits, and occasionally mom-jeans. That's real. That's all that matters.

And Epstein may have killed himself in JJ Abrams Kelvin timeline. But we all know that's made up by JJ and therefore is not real like the standard timeline.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

Oh, don't misunderstand. I ain't crediting Obama with ****. Obama ****ed the economy for a lot of years. It was ready to explode a little more than half-way through Obama's first term, but Obama needed cap-n-trade done with his pen and phone, and his healthcare plan was a burden as well. Had Romney won, the economy would have exploded, not that Romney was all that great, but better than Obama. Plus, Barack has a vagina, Michelle has a penis.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area

I can see that many either didn't pay attention or have forgotten what happened in 2008 and 2009. And some may have been more interested in other things back then. We had a WORLD WIDE FINANCIAL CRISIS!.

It started in the Bush years.

Some of us were grateful it didn't devolve into the second great depression.

Sheesh

I often wondered how reasonable people could be holocaust deniers.

Now I understand. They don't know ****

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I can see that many either didn't pay attention or have forgotten what happened in 2008 and 2009. And some may have been more interested in other things back then. We had a WORLD WIDE FINANCIAL CRISIS!.

Sheesh

QFFT!

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

Sheesh

While I don't think Obama handled it well, he does not deserve credit for it starting. Bush mostly owns that.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    While I don't think Obama handled it well, he does not deserve credit for it starting. Bush mostly owns that.

And just to add to that, I'm not sure it's that they don't know ****. Maybe it's that it's hard to see beyond ideological proclivities. It affects people on the left as much as the right. Has nothing to do with intelligence. I've seen smart people believe complete nonsense because of blinding ideology on both sides.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Fanny Mae, Freed Mac and the whole derivative scam were Bush's fault?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Fanny Mae, Freed Mac and the whole derivative scam were Bush's fault?

Yes. Bush approved the policy of guaranteeing loans to people who could not pay them back. It was a Democratic policy, but Bush not only continued it, he expanded it. Therefore he became the new owner.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    See, when presidents blame stuff on something else, it doesn't mean they're telling the complete truth.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Something you disagreed with in that?

Yep. Quite a bit. But it isn't clear by the comments of a few people above that they really understood what was going on back then. Doesn't matter. But there is enough historical review of the period that there really is no need to argue the matter.

sp-vs-u6-thumb-448x274.gif

Top Bottom