• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    “Great” is subjective. The way one attains positive results is just as important as the results themselves. There are plenty of people that can say that the results are good, but dislike how they were gotten.
    I’ve personally not witnessed even one that liked the results, but dislike how they were gained, that has said so? All I’ve heard is Orangeman bad must impeach now, but send info for removal later, then can you finish our job for us? Bad senators won’t do our job, the country is lost?

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    “Great” is subjective. The way one attains positive results is just as important as the results themselves. There are plenty of people that can say that the results are good, but dislike how they were gotten.

Since, I am certain that no example is forthcoming.

I will attempt to give what "I think" is the answer.

It would have been GREAT and the methodology would have been acceptable.

Had Hillary won the 2016 election, lowered taxes, rolled back the ACA mandate, stemmed the tide of illegal entries, re-structured NAFTA, pulled out of the Paris accords, cut hundreds if not thousands of unlawful government regulations, re-negotiated the Chinese trade deal, influenced thee Mexican government to turn back the latest caravan, and all of the other things that have been done in the last 3 years.

And the thought has me :rofl:

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

Here’s your “answer,” I apologize for not answering as fast as you apparently require.
    Tax cuts and tariffs undoubtedly helped spur the economy. The results were good, but the methods in which they were achieved, from my perspective, wasn’t smart. Both the tariffs and tax cuts shouldn’t be used to spur on an economy that is already trending up, but should be used to pull us out of a downward turn. Since those method have already been used, if the economy does have a downturn, staving it off will be much more difficult.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    The way the results were obtained? :scratch: And how was that ?

:popcorn:

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    Here’s your “answer,” I apologize for not answering as fast as you apparently require.
    Tax cuts and tariffs undoubtedly helped spur the economy. The results were good, but the methods in which they were achieved, from my perspective, wasn’t smart. Both the tariffs and tax cuts shouldn’t be used to spur on an economy that is already trending up, but should be used to pull us out of a downward turn. Since those method have already been used, if the economy does have a downturn, staving it off will be much more difficult.

Well, the unemployment rates were definitely on a upward trend under Obama. https://www.ncsl.org/research/labor-and-employment/national-employment-monthly-update.aspx

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI

Sorry, I am not totally tuned into Kut 2.whatever.

I will accept that as your opinion. Let us hope for the best.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Looks like the election of Obama. In 08 it starts rising, almost to 10 by 2010

Well, if you think that unemployment was trending up under Obama, and that the source you provided is proof of that, I will not interfere with you believing that notion.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    Well, if you think that unemployment was trending up under Obama, and that the source you provided is proof of that, I will not interfere with you believing that notion.
    Seeing how it was in the 4% range before he took office, and jumped to 10% after he took office, staying over 7% until 2014, ya... twist it however you want, I’d say that’s Obama my man.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Seeing how it was in the 4% range before he took office, and jumped to 10% after he took office, staying over 7% until 2014, ya... twist it however you want, I’d say that’s Obama my man.

Like I said you may believe that notion all you want.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    If you want a more telling graph. From 2000-2019

https://data.bls.gov/pdq/SurveyOutputServlet

Not sure how you can say I’m wrong. Still think it had nothing to do with obummer?

Link isn’t working for some reason. So here.

January %s only.

2000 4.0
    01 4.2
    02 5.7
    03 5.8
    04 5.7
    05 5.3
    06 4.7
    07 4.6
    08 5.0
    09 7.8
    10 9.8
    11 9.1
    12 8.3
    13 8.0
    14 6.6
    15 5.7
    16 4.9
    17 4.7
    18 4.1
    19 4.0

I see a trend... do you? Feel free to google unemployment by year, go to the bls website, and see for yourself. Sure seems Obama was the cause going by the trend

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    If you want a more telling graph. From 2000-2019

https://data.bls.gov/pdq/SurveyOutputServlet

Not sure how you can say I’m wrong. Still think it had nothing to do with obummer?

You think unemployment rates were on an upward trend under Obama. I don’t see that as being factual. You think it is. I know the answer, but see not benefit in trying to explain it since I think you have seen the same data, yet keep coming to the wrong conclusion.

Top Bottom