• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    And I expect people on "our side" to say it's perfectly justified and legit, unlike the one against Trump, no... this is a good impeachment we're doing against Biden, and it's totally not political.

It's a cage match, and our 'better angels' weren't invited

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    I don't think I was saying what you might have thought I said. I have long believed that presidents don't impact economies much, or at least enough to claim credit or deserve blame. However as you say, in special circumstances, certain policies, reactions to events, signaling, etcetera, can have short and long term effects. So on that we agree.

I do think that Bush deserves some blame for expanding the Democratic wet dream policies of guaranteeing loans for people who couldn't afford them, which was a big contributor of the crashing housing bubble. There wouldn't have been the bad loans to embed if the bad loans hadn't been made and guaranteed in the first place. And that led to a cascading effect throughout the rest of the economy. I think there were signs that the economy was slowing down, and we'd have hit a recession anyway, but the housing crash made whatever would have happened much worse.

My other comment was that Obama didn't help the recovery as much as he could have. A mountain of regulations doesn't encourage economic growth. An adversarial relationship with small businesses doesn't encourage economic growth. I recall that Obama said at the beginning, as he talked about his regulatory policies that the days of 3% growth were over, and that we should get used to 1-2% growth. In that respect, I think Trump deserves some credit to the extent that deregulation has made it easier for businesses to grow. Obamacare had an impact on that.

Although mountains of regulation or deregulation certainly make a difference longterm, it takes time for one trend or the other to take effect. There's another factor that affected the economy and the stock market much quicker under Trump than just deregulation and taxes: Economic confidence. Movers and shakers in the economic world make decisions, at least in part, based on economic outlook - the trend they think is going to continue. When Trump won, and started talking the right talk, and making the right promises concerning economic policy, economic activity exploded much faster than any actual benefits of Trump's policies could have encouraged. The mere promise of sane economic policy kick-started the economy; imagine what long-term sane policy could accomplish.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I wouldn't worry too much about it. If Biden gets elected, I think the democrats will control the House.

That appears to be a longshot at this point. I'm not sure he can survive through Super Tuesday, let alone win the nomination AND November. That dude has a lot of baggage, is out of touch, and he's just not that interesting to a millennial world. The No Malarkey Tour? :dunno:

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    That appears to be a longshot at this point. I'm not sure he can survive through Super Tuesday, let alone win the nomination AND November. That dude has a lot of baggage, is out of touch, and he's just not that interesting to a millennial world. The No Malarkey Tour? :dunno:

Right.
    I can't see any way that Biden gets to the WH. If that were to happen things will be looking very bad for America.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Although mountains of regulation or deregulation certainly make a difference longterm, it takes time for one trend or the other to take effect. There's another factor that affected the economy and the stock market much quicker under Trump than just deregulation and taxes: Economic confidence. Movers and shakers in the economic world make decisions, at least in part, based on economic outlook - the trend they think is going to continue. When Trump won, and started talking the right talk, and making the right promises concerning economic policy, economic activity exploded much faster than any actual benefits of Trump's policies could have encouraged. The mere promise of sane economic policy kick-started the economy; imagine what long-term sane policy could accomplish.

I think I called that perception somewhere else. But sure. In the shorter term optimism or pessimism can make a big impact. I thought at the end of Obama's first term the economy was ready to take off but was just held back by uncertainty and general lack of faith in Obama's policies. I suspect that Trump's economic policy has signaled to companies in a way that makes them confident. Tax breaks. Regulation reduction. All plays into that but so do the policies that make the market nervous. Like the major correction that happened when he started spouting off about tariffs.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area

We'll see. Your observations are valid. We may end up with mini-Mike.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Adam Schiff:

If Trump isn't removed he "could offer Alaska to the Russians in exchange for support in the next election or decide to move to Mar-a-Lago permanently and leave Jared Kushner to run the country, delegating to him the decision whether they go to war."

these are super-serious people doing a super-serious impeachment

https://twitter.com/DailyCaller/status/1224419427363573761

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Adam Schiff:

If Trump isn't removed he "could offer Alaska to the Russians in exchange for support in the next election or decide to move to Mar-a-Lago permanently and leave Jared Kushner to run the country, delegating to him the decision whether they go to war."

Trump should tell him that he will now consider those ideas and thank him for it. :):

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Adam Schiff:

Adam Schiff likes to make **** up. He can't help it.

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Adam Schiff:

As usual, Democrats accuse Trump of their own actions/desires. Why would Trump get rid of a Republican state that helps the US be energy independent from the Middle East quagmire?

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    It's like I tell my coworkers who don't like Trump.

Just relax, take it easy. It will all be over soon.

Five more years and he'll be gone...

These are the same words, by the way, I told folks about Obama.

Regards,

Doug

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    Schiff-for-brains does seem to have a real flair for ignoring reality and truth. With that and his eye issues he might make a good bit player in hollyweird.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    He can crouch a bit (or cut off his feet) and he can reprise Peter Lorie parts.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Uniquenateo
    Top Bottom