• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    I see the local TDS sufferers are still grasping at straws as tightly as ever, while the Dems in congress are busy trying to wipe the Schiff off of their faces. In other news, the sun rose in the east again this morning.

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    Actually, ol' Lamar's "opinion" is worth a lot more than yours. He gets a vote on the matter. You don't .... until November.....and we already know which lever you'll pull.

Lol, we already know which lever you will pull too... the one for whoever promises you the most "free" stuff.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Okay. I get the problem with people thinking that they know which lever you'll pull or assigning a reason such as to get "free stuff". It's an unfair claim. But comparing lifetime earnings probably doesn't make the point all that well.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    Bless yer heart. Any time you wanna compare lifetime earnings, sweetheart, lemme know.
    Bless yer heart, isn’t that southern belle speak for, go **** yourself?

This is why we can’t assume genders these days.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    THERE IS NO WHISTLEBLOWER! :xmad:

There is only some actor that Shifty personally hand picked and designated to be the whistleblower to fit this whole narrative to oust a sitting President. (one of many attempts)

I worked in theatre over 25 years and this whole charade is just one huge performance with some really bad acting. It's so blatantly obvious you'd have to be dead, blind or [STRIKE]stupid[/STRIKE] democrat not to see it.

Smoke and mirrors....
    Just Smoke and mirrors....

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    THERE IS NO WHISTLEBLOWER! :xmad:

There is only some actor that Shifty personally hand picked and designated to be the whistleblower to fit this whole narrative to oust a sitting President. (one of many attempts)

I worked in theatre over 25 years and this whole charade is just one huge performance with some really bad acting. It's so blatantly obvious you'd have to be dead, blind or [STRIKE]stupid[/STRIKE] democrat not to see it.

Smoke and mirrors....
    Just Smoke and mirrors....

I'm okay with just saying the "whistleblower" rather than the whistleblower. It conveys the necessary information.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Bless yer heart, isn’t that southern belle speak for, go **** yourself?

This is why we can’t assume genders these days.

Depends on context. Sometimes it's genuine. But yeah, the Southern display of respect is often a mask for snark.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Bless yer heart. Any time you wanna compare lifetime earnings, sweetheart, lemme know.

So people of means don't like "free stuff"?

I mean, I've always argued that "corporate welfare" isn't really a thing, but it's nice to know I have an ally.

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    What will we do when three books come out claiming to tell the wistleblower story?

I especially want to read Adam Schiff's version, since he doesn't have to be present to know every word spoken during any meeting or phone call.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    It doesn't have to be a southern belle. Southern genteelmen commonly use it, but it goes more like, "bless his sorry ass, he's a **** wad"

I have never heard any Missippian say that. But they'll be very polite and complement you, and later it sinks in. Oh. That was actually snark. It took me awhile to get the hang of recognizing when the politeness was sincere and when it's snark. The differences were subtle. But it's not universally Southern. Carolina's people were pretty straightforward about things. They did not mind sharing their opinions about Damn Yankees. But the Missippians who still cared about that stuff were very subtle.

Dr.Midnight

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Monroe County
    I can't find a cringe.gif good enough for what just happened here
    I'm here to help. . .
    jwrRnVl.gif

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    So people of means don't like "free stuff"?

I mean, I've always argued that "corporate welfare" isn't really a thing, but it's nice to know I have an ally.

Context, Hough. Life is complicated and oversimplified generalities are something I thought INGO attempts to avoid, except in a humorous vein. "All democrats are gun-grabbers. All democrats vote for free stuff." You don't need to read Wittgenstein to realize the absurdism at play.

Top Bottom