Is The Government Shutdown Affecting You Directly?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    :orly:

I'd like to think there's an inflection point when even Mitch says, "enough is enough."

Whoa - that's a big step over the boundary. I really don't think we want that Rubicon to be crossed. "Screw the division of power - give it all to one man because I agree with him this time."

I would hope the American people would be throwing a tantrum at point.

The ugly fact remains - it's her little kingdom because America decided to give it to her. That's the way the Constitution set up. I don't think it's fair to violate that.
    And America decided to give the presidency to Trump, but that hasn't stopped all the caterwalling on the left. #Resist

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    :orly:

I'd like to think there's an inflection point when even Mitch says, "enough is enough."

Whoa - that's a big step over the boundary. I really don't think we want that Rubicon to be crossed. "Screw the division of power - give it all to one man because I agree with him this time."

I would hope the American people would be throwing a tantrum at point.

The ugly fact remains - it's her little kingdom because America decided to give it to her. That's the way the Constitution set up. I don't think it's fair to violate that.

I don't see that big of an issue with it. Under the Constitution he is legally authorized during extraordinary times to convene the Congress. He has the legal power under the Constitution to adjourn them.

He cannot force them to vote in any way they don't want to. They aren't kidnapped. They can leave anytime they want - at the peril of losing the majority.

And he has the power to do so because the Constitution gives it to the office of the President. This isn't like an Executive Agreement v/s a Treaty. This is original text.

Also, the republicans could agree with the democrats. They could vote against him on everything.:rofl::rofl:

Regards,

Doug

EDIT: IMO the true crisis formed years ago with the democrats all voting in lockstep and the republicans all voting in lockstep partisanship!

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne

I don't see that big of an issue with it. Under the Constitution he is legally authorized during extraordinary times to convene the Congress. He has the legal power under the Constitution to adjourn them.

That's the part I'm not sold, "extraordinary times" what defines that? Why is now considered such a time?

BluePig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 10, 2012
    Middlebury
    Flew from South Bend to Charlotte NC this week for work.
    Both times, the TSA appeared to be fully manned and functioning.
    As a matter of fact, they were downright polite.
    I even thanked them for their service.
    The one officer did say to me that I didn't know what it was like to work and not get paid.
    I then got to tell him about the time the company that I worked for was sold and I didn't see a paycheck for a month till the sale was complete.
    Selling company didn't want to pay us anymore and wouldn't tell us what was going on.
    Buying company couldn't do anything till they bought the company because they were under a gag order.
    But eventually everything got worked out and the buying company took care of us.
    Officer then changed his tune and was very sympathetic.
    I had more problems with plane maintenance than I did with anything gov't related.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    50163213_2096840043861273_900502127682519040_n.jpg

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    We gave it to Obama - twice. And we caterwauled then.

Say actions, different sides.

We complained. We planned (hoped) to do better next election. We weren't out in the streets issuing forth with primal screams. We weren't issued crayons, puppies and safe spaces and trauma counseling. For the most part, we acted like adults who were disappointed, not like toddlers that have been told "no". We didn't start calling for impeachment before he was even sworn in. Yes there were some that questioned his citizenship and whatnot, but those people were in the minority overall. So, no, not the same actions.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Flew from South Bend to Charlotte NC this week for work.
    Both times, the TSA appeared to be fully manned and functioning.
    As a matter of fact, they were downright polite.
    I even thanked them for their service.
    The one officer did say to me that I didn't know what it was like to work and not get paid.
    I then got to tell him about the time the company that I worked for was sold and I didn't see a paycheck for a month till the sale was complete.
    Selling company didn't want to pay us anymore and wouldn't tell us what was going on.
    Buying company couldn't do anything till they bought the company because they were under a gag order.
    But eventually everything got worked out and the buying company took care of us.
    Officer then changed his tune and was very sympathetic.
    I had more problems with plane maintenance than I did with anything gov't related.

did you know that some airports dont even have tsa!
    san fran and seatle are 2 that use private screening companies and their wait times is lower then tsa and are much nicer. imagine that...

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    I always said the biggest threat to the federal government is for folks to recognize just how unnecessary it truly is.

oh that is quit simple to fix.
    instead of having taxes takes out via a w4 worksheet. have the workers figure out thier total tax bill based on what they earned the year before divide that by the number of checks this year and see how many will be screaming when they see the REAL number of how much they are taxed

Top Bottom