Is The Government Shutdown Affecting You Directly?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I always try to measure my sympathy for people's first world problems in direct measure to the expected sympathy I would receive from same should my employer shut down

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I always try to measure my sympathy for people's first world problems in direct measure to the expected sympathy I would receive from same should my employer shut down

Fair point.

I'll agree that the media is way overblowing the personal impact to lost wages, but there's a national impact that important work is not being done. Especially if you consider that there's a lot of small businesses waiting on things that won't happen till the gridlock is released.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I have an idea. Let's get rid of the regulations and the jobs tied to them. Business works better/faster and the .gov saves money.

Win-Win

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Fair point.

I'll agree that the media is way overblowing the personal impact to lost wages, but there's a national impact that important work is not being done. Especially if you consider that there's a lot of small businesses waiting on things that won't happen till the gridlock is released.

So Trump wants some real movement in his favored direction on the problem and Pelosi wants Trump's complete capitulation. Which one needs a groom to help them off their high horse

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    So Trump wants some real movement in his favored direction on the problem and Pelosi wants Trump's complete capitulation. Which one needs a groom to help them off their high horse

I dunno.

It's a sad state of affairs when we send what should be the best and brightest leaders to Washington, and then they behave like children incapable of compromise and cooperation. They all have put partisan politics over the the good of the Republic.

Mongo59

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 30, 2018
    Purgatory
    I don't care how white a suit you send them up there in, after they jump in that cesspool and swim around a while I know what color it will be...

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    The FAA is not processing Temporary Military Operating Area approvals. Probably impact some exercises later this year.

I dunno.

It's a sad state of affairs when we send what should be the best and brightest leaders to Washington, and then they behave like children incapable of compromise and cooperation. They all have put partisan politics over the the good of the Republic.

best n brightest???
    what???

maybe back in the 1700s.
    not now or in my lifetime.
    we have liars, thiefs n sone convicted of crimes no?

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    best n brightest???
    what???

maybe back in the 1700s.
    not now or in my lifetime.
    we have liars, thiefs n sone convicted of crimes no?

Kinda my point. We don't send good leaders, we send people good at pouring honey in our ears and getting themselves elected.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    correction
    we send people that will bring back honey to our region at the EXPENSE of other regions.

vote for me and ill make sure we get farmer handouts..
    vote for me and ill make sure we get steel handouts...
    vote for me and ill make sure we get....

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    republic.gif

AtTheMurph

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2013
    Fair point.

Perhaps the very root of the issue is that a small business has to wait for the government to act in some fashion.

When did that become an accepted power of government anyways? I can't find that enumerated power anywhere in the Constitution.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Perhaps the very root of the issue is that a small business has to wait for the government to act in some fashion.

When did that become an accepted power of government anyways? I can't find that enumerated power anywhere in the Constitution.

When there's tariffs. :whistle:

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    correction
    we send people that will bring back honey to our region at the EXPENSE of other regions.

vote for me and ill make sure we get farmer handouts..
    vote for me and ill make sure we get steel handouts...
    vote for me and ill make sure we get....

This is the way it has always worked (here in the US). That was kinda the idea.

Different regions would have to compromise.

Now, there WAS a sense of fiscal responsibility... that there would be some limit on spending. That kinda lapsed about the time of the New Deal (IMHO).

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    This is the way it has always worked (here in the US). That was kinda the idea.

Different regions would have to compromise.

Now, there WAS a sense of fiscal responsibility... that there would be some limit on spending. That kinda lapsed about the time of the New Deal (IMHO).
    I don't think there were a bunch of handouts to be had back in the early days.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    I dunno.

When you have opposing political parties whose policies are so polar opposite of one another, it's unsurprising to see a lack of compromise and cooperation. Factor into that situation, which has been getting worse since the Reagan Administration, and factoring in the fact that "compromise" to the Democrat leadership means "capitulation of the Republican leadership to what we want" combined with historic Democrat duplicity in their negotiations - at least as far back as Reagan and the first Amnesty - it's not unnatural for Trump and the Republican leadership aren't willing to let Schumer and Pelosi hold that football for Trump to kick, despite their assurances to the contrary.

Top Bottom