Is It Good For The Gun Cause To Bash Suppliers On The Open Internet?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    You really don’t get the idea pro gun folks should be cognizant that negative reviews may hurt pro gun suppliers and weigh out if the occurrence warrants risking that damage before posting. Then if one chooses to post such a review others certainly can express the opinion that it is a frivolous complaint.

Like I did yesterday about a beef about a $5/annual fee to shoot at a range in the city.
    First, Mike, I don't really see how a bad review of a gunshop will hurt that business in the wider world. By being a 2A business, only 2A friendly customers are likely to patronize them, so a bad review isn't going to stop progressives from beating a path to their door because there aren't any. That said, the smaller the market the quicker word gets around about a less than stellar business and any business intent on making a go in that market should be cognizant of that. It's a small world and many of your customers know each other

IMO it is incumbent on the business to always be mindful of that. Perhaps the OP could have handled the ramp up of the situation more tactfully, but the manager certainly didn't do himself or the business any favors by the way he handled it, either

One ****ed off customer cancels out 100 satisfied customers, because those customers usually won't take the time to write a positive review. I kind of get where they're coming from - a satisfactory experience is the minimum I expect from any business, it should not be noteworthy that they deliver it. The only thing that should trigger a glowing review is someone who goes above and beyond

Finally, I think you are missing a very important consideration. There are people who just don't want to be told what to do, by anybody. In this situation, it seems like you are trying to tell people when they should be able to complain about something that gravels them. Many people, myself included, just aren't having that. It is a core American trait

tude

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 16, 2012
    ohio
    Did OP start out and continue many pages shaming anyone who said anything negative about a gun and ammo dealer? Then to trying to figure how CTD has not been put out of business because because they are such a bad gun and ammo dealer? I got lost and probably will stay that way.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    So you're liberal with your criticism of others but can't stand it when you get called on it.

LOLOLOL
    I am going to give you the courtesy of a reply, though I doubt you learn from it. Bug, jamil and others here have conversed with me through thousands of posts, hundreds of topics, over many years. If they disagree with me or poke fun at me it works that way. As a presumed newby you need to get a lot more cred before unload on folks like you know them.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I said in the OP, as copied below to be helpful, was “I do not think we should ever create a thread specifically to bash any 2A supplier” and further said “and limit the negative we do in general threads to facts”. This is far from “they’re in the 2A family we shouldn’t criticize them at all” in my opinion.

“We have had several venting threads bashing even local purveyors of ranges, supplies, and training. Do theses help the overall cause of promoting gun rights, and broadening the options available to us or do they hurt the cause? I do not think we should ever create a thread specifically to bash any 2A supplier on the forum, especially those supporting the site, and limit the negative we do in general threads to facts. This is the open internet and the supplier you hurt may be one that many other members rely on.“

“Now, to what I did not say that I will be accused of. You can tell your buddies anything you want, I did not suggest any restrictions on speech, but rather that we protect those we have supplying us by not creating a full rant on the open internet because you don’t like their policies…”
    Uh. I think it means exactly that. Just because a business is in the gun business, shouldn’t shield them from criticism. But it’s fine to advocate that when people do that, make sure you are accurately representing reality because reputation is very important and one shouldn’t treat it flippantly.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I knew that's where this was headed.

I kneel for no man. You included.

You're a forum bully and I detest them.
    I think he has a point. Mike and I have gone around on a lot of topics. Sometimes it can get spicy. It’s always respectful. But we’ve been on opposite and the same side depending on the issues. I don’t see where he’s asking you to kneel. And hell, you stay around long enough you might find yourselves on the same side of many issues and you won’t find a more earnest ally on those issues.

It’s just a discussion. No reason to take things personally. I’ve never known Mike to be an “Internet Bully” but he is very passionate about what he believes is right even when he’s wrong. We’re just talking here. No one’s ox has been gored.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    So we shouldn’t bash them because they share common interests? So we also shouldn’t call out Republican politicians because they share a common interest, right?

I don’t care what common interests they have with me. If they deserve criticism, criticism they shall get.
    Oh. You DO remember the Trump era, right? :):

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I knew that's where this was headed.

I kneel for no man. You included.

You're a forum bully and I detest them.
    OK new guy. This is your mulligan. You will not just go thread to thread mixing it up with established members in this forum. I have received a few PM's as to this I agree. You need to step back and take a breath as you have no idea what you are doing in here.

If this does not meet your standards, then we can arrange for you to go back out through the same gate you entered by.

D2SlSmS.jpg

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I think he has a point. Mike and I have gone around on a lot of topics. Sometimes it can get spicy. It’s always respectful. But we’ve been on opposite and the same side depending on the issues. I don’t see where he’s asking you to kneel. And hell, you stay around long enough you might find yourselves on the same side of many issues and you won’t find a more earnest ally on those issues.

It’s just a discussion. No reason to take things personally. I’ve never known Mike to be an “Internet Bully” but he is very passionate about what he believes is right even when he’s wrong. We’re just talking here. No one’s ox has been gored.
    Kids my friend. Regardless of chronological age.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2022
    Right behind you
    OK new guy. This is your mulligan. You will not just go thread to thread mixing it up with established members in this forum. I have received a few PM's as to this I agree. You need to step back and take a breath as you have no idea what you are doing in here.

If this does not meet your standards, then we can arrange for you to go back out through the same gate you entered by.

D2SlSmS.jpg
    I have a better idea: kiss my ass

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    There was a day when in better health I would invite this petulant child hiding in an adult meat suit out for a burger and a beer just to look him in the eyes. Remember those days. Damnit I miss them but after doing this multiple times it became all too clear that wasting time on such a person was exactly that....a waste of time.
    Most are short and angry. Some are just angry. Not sure about this one but man he is all that in his own mind.
    Understand "X" new guy. We put up with zero crap in here. Sooooo many of us actually know each other in the real world. We do not hide behind key boards and call people names we actually meet up and shoot together. You are arguing with some serious gun people and yet you have no clue. We break bread together. We share knowledge parts and help those in need.
    We need you like, well, nothing. Take your anger elsewhere please. We have no time for it.

Be safe if you can,

-CM-

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom