Is It Good For The Gun Cause To Bash Suppliers On The Open Internet?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

ChrisK

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Starke County
    We have some sizable gatherings, but it is with safety in mind. We have vetted all our people. All of them.
    I am not sure it would be anyway near as fun if we opened it up to everyone and no knock on folks at all. I just know how people can be.
    When you can have probably $250,000 worth of firearms sitting there and not worry about anything walking off is great.

1nderbeard

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Apr 3, 2017
    Hendricks County
    Here's my .02 on the OP, since I've got some time to kill this morning.

One of the reasons American automakers went to crap in the 80s-90s-2000's was the protective taxes we put on foreign cars coming in to the country. The union (no knock on all unions, they can provide a value to workers) bosses not only demanded the government protect their jobs with taxes, they also continued to demand higher pay for a lesser quality product. We messed with the free market and our domestic autos mostly went south.

Same issue here.

If someone runs a 2a business, they should run it well enough to stand on their own. I may be spoiled because I personally know the owners and staff of the LGS I frequent, but I won't go out of my way to go in a place I know doesn't give good customer service. Being friendly to people costs you nothing. I'm a 3rd generation business owner and it drives me wild to see people being treated poorly. I won't stand for it.

I'm not big on posting negative reviews online, but if the situation warrants it I will not hold back on warning friends of bad experiences in business - whether or not they support the 2a.

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central

One of the reasons American automakers went to crap in the 80s-90s-2000's was the protective taxes we put on foreign cars coming in to the country. The union (no knock on all unions, they can provide a value to workers) bosses not only demanded the government protect their jobs with taxes, they also continued to demand higher pay for a lesser quality product. We messed with the free market and our domestic autos mostly went south.

Same issue here.

If someone runs a 2a business, they should run it well enough to stand on their own. I may be spoiled because I personally know the owners and staff of the LGS I frequent, but I won't go out of my way to go in a place I know doesn't give good customer service. Being friendly to people costs you nothing. I'm a 3rd generation business owner and it drives me wild to see people being treated poorly. I won't stand for it.

I'm not big on posting negative reviews online, but if the situation warrants it I will not hold back on warning friends of bad experiences in business - whether or not they support the 2a.
    Good post. For someone to even suggest that a business not be called out for poor quality service or products is really unacceptable.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central

Same issue here.

Who said that?

Ger0n1mo

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 27, 2021
    Cicero, IN
    For me, I am annoyed by the constant bashing on Nextdoor and Facebook by Karens looking for things to be upset about. How about posting on the good companies and your positive experiences? This actually helps these companies by steering business to them and ultimately detracts from the ones that are less than stellar.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    If someone runs a 2a business, they should run it well enough to stand on their own. I may be spoiled because I personally know the owners and staff of the LGS I frequent,
    So let’s say someone comes on and posts a thread here bashing your LGS for not offering a layaway, fair game or not? That is the topic.

How about a published $5 annual charge to use the range? Is that reasonable to post a thread about?

This thread was about raising awareness of the potential cost of frivolous beefing over little things. Kind of like the crap the Karen’s do described by Ger0n1mo…

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    If you guys have millions of dollars to throw around please open an indoor range with family memberships. Comparing an outdoor range to an indoor ranges in locations with some of the most expensive real estate around is ridiculous.
    But, by virtue of being a multi-state conglomerate, are you suggesting that the last dollar needs to be wrung from that semi-urban location just to make ends meet?

Your own question repurposed, how do smaller businesses survive if they leverage such unprofitable methods? I submit that people like to be treated as a valued customer more than they like to be treated as a revenue source

If real estate is so expensive, why do they build there? One would think some calculation was made that the larger area of population to draw from would generate sufficient numbers of customers to pay the bills, otherwise their business model sucks

While I am unlikely to fall into the category of typical SPB customer, I for one would drive further to a range (assuming I wanted to use an indoor range at all) just to be further from the type of customer an urban range seems to attract. The indoor range I patronize is in a near suburb, is reasonably priced as well as has family memberships, is run by current and retired LEO and ZERO shenanigans are tolerated. Their training is excellent, their guns and gear are reasonably priced, the behind the counter folks knowledgeable and helpful and the environment is as accommodating as can be. Being familiar with the place, I would cheerfully pay much higher fees if that was what it took to maintain it as an option

The only way I could like it more is if there were some way for me to conveniently capture my own brass for re-use, but nobody has really figured that out due to the space and movement restrictions of the firing line. I have no desire to shoot at the jiffy-lube of indoor ranges

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    So let’s say someone comes on and posts a thread here bashing your LGS for not offering a layaway, fair game or not? That is the topic.

How about a published $5 annual charge to use the range? Is that reasonable to post a thread about?

This thread was about raising awareness of the potential cost of frivolous beefing over little things. Kind of like the crap the Karen’s do described by Ger0n1mo…
    Turn that around. What if your favorite Starbucks implements a hold harmless waiver (coffee is hot, you know) and a fee to execute same, as well as requiring you to allow your ID to be digitally scanned (with no contractual restriction on what they can do with that info nor expressed rationale for requiring it)

Would you just assume that those requirements were business necessities and accept them as justified by expenses just because you liked the place?

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana

I don't care. I think everyone should post what they think but be prepared for other people to post their response.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Who did that?
    “Is It Good For The Gun Cause To Bash Suppliers On The Open Internet?”

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Fair game. It’s a service not offered that the person wanted.

Yes.

Why is it frivolous and what is the cost?

If you want layaway and the business doesn’t offer layaway, no one is lying. How is that frivolous? Everyone who might shop at that store knows whether they care about layaway or not. If they don’t care about it, it’s not likely to influence their decision. If they do care about it, it may influence their decision, but it’s not like they won’t figure out the business doesn’t offer layaway.

If it’s frivolous then people can figure that out too. Sometimes people get snooty about ****. Get offended over nothing. Then go post their complaints online. When they do it on a forum like this, people can push back. I think you infer a cost not evident. It’s not “bad” for the gun cause to post negative stuff even if frivolous. If it turns out to be a legitimate claim it’s bad for that business, but justifiably so.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    For me, I am annoyed by the constant bashing on Nextdoor and Facebook by Karens looking for things to be upset about. How about posting on the good companies and your positive experiences? This actually helps these companies by steering business to them and ultimately detracts from the ones that are less than stellar.
    I love it when some karen rando posts **** about some business and then people who know better, know it’s ********, push back.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    “Is It Good For The Gun Cause To Bash Suppliers On The Open Internet?”

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Fair game. It’s a service not offered that the person wanted.

Yes.

Why is it frivolous and what is the cost?

If you want layaway and the business doesn’t offer layaway, no one is lying. How is that frivolous? Everyone who might shop at that store knows whether they care about layaway or not. If they don’t care about it, it’s not likely to influence their decision. If they do care about it, it may influence their decision, but it’s not like they won’t figure out the business doesn’t offer layaway.

If it’s frivolous then people can figure that out too. Sometimes people get snooty about ****. Get offended over nothing. Then go post their complaints online. When they do it on a forum like this, people can push back. I think you infer a cost not evident. It’s not “bad” for the gun cause to post negative stuff even if frivolous. If it turns out to be a legitimate claim it’s bad for that business, but justifiably so.
    You clearly never ran a small business that is dependent on a good reputation.

BTW, I think you suck because you do not agree with me all the time..

Just for the mods clarity this is a tounge in cheek post making a frivolous complaint about a guy I like a lot.

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    In the spirit of the thread, not only is it appropriate to bash shoddy shops and suppliers, but also give high praise and recommendations to good shops, suppliers and ranges.

My initial experience with SPB was negative. However, my membership at Elwood Conservation Club has always been excellent.

It's too bad McDonald's Gun Shop near Marion closed. Jeff and his daughter set the standard for great customer service.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom