Is It Good For The Gun Cause To Bash Suppliers On The Open Internet?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    One last point, I don’t know about you, but when I read reviews it’s a process to figure out the value of a given review. If it’s a positive review is it real? Is it just a fanboi? If it’s negative, are they just stupid? If a product, did they use it incorrectly? If a business did they have realistic expectations?
    This^^^ So very much this

The wife and I like to hike and photograph areas of natural beauty. We are often looking at places to stay that are far off the beaten path, but still hotel chains

All you have to do is read some of the reviews on TripAdvisor to see how clueless people are when they whinge. I remember we were going to Page, AZ to hike Marble Canyon and take a photographer oriented tour of Antelope Canyon. I was looking at a Marriott property and reading someone bitching about it wasn't up to what they thought Marriott standards should be relative to the amenities offered. It is a small town out in the middle of nowhere, close to reservation lands. The areas resources are not going to support a 4 star property and this dumb ***** is kvetching about how they didn't have this or that or the other thing she'... expected a Marriott property to have'

IMO a firm grasp on reality is necessary to make sense of reviews. It's different when I'm throwing down almost $900 a night to stay at the Hamilton Princess in Bermuda, a beautiful old well maintained luxury property on the beach in the heart of Hamilton. The property has positioned itself as one of the best of the best so expectations are high. It is quite different when I'm staying in small towns like Vernal or Moab. In reality, most of the time all I want from a hotel is to be clean with a comfortable bed and within an easy walk of some restaurants. We pretty much are only there from well after sundown until early morning anyway

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Implied is your interpretation of what I said but clearly from the quotes, not what I said…

0oFvmt.gif

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    The first line was a question.

So it is reasonable in your opinion to make negative comments about Pizza Hut because they don’t sell guns?

This is retarded…. LOL
    That would be retarded. I’m glad you said it and not me. What does pizza hut have to do with “the gun cause”?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Context is everything. Trust me when I say that almost NOBODY is talking about gun shops on Nextdoor. As for the rest, I agree with it. Why not post both the good and the bad? I think both are equally valuable. That's what reviews are all about, and I don't think that businesses should be immune just because they sell guns. I think we're in agreement, aren't we?
    It’s similar to the problem with online reviews in general. Anger and a sense of justice makes us more eager to post negative reviews than joy motivates us to post positive ones. I’ll look forward to all Mike’s positive reviews. But I’ll also wonder if maybe they’re a little too positive for the sake of the 2A given this thread.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    No parsing needed. I said what I quoted, not what the strawmen are quoting…

I think it comes down to what is defined in the word "bash" as in the original post you said:

I do not think we should ever create a thread specifically to bash any 2A supplier on the forum, especially those supporting the site, and limit the negative we do in general threads to facts.

Bold emphasis added by me.

I see that you somewhat mitigated it by saying limit the negative to facts, but in the beginning of that sentence you said don't think we should ever create a thread...

You have a couple of times in this thread, implied what you meant by that, and others have inferred that to mean some things that may be different than what you meant.

But seems to me the word and how one defines "bash" is the pivotal term. I think we can all agree that leading up to that you were pretty definitive.

Last edited:

ancjr

1 Kings 18:17-18 KJV
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2021
    Washington County

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central

Colt Python .357 Magnum Revolver 6" Barrel 6 Rounds Walnut Target Grips Semi-Bright Stainless Steel Finish​

$1,785.00

View attachment 181475

My those are sexy. Not sure why, but they are.

Not a bad price compared to what some have reported…

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    One last point, I don’t know about you, but when I read reviews it’s a process to figure out the value of a given review. If it’s a positive review is it real? Is it just a fanboi? If it’s negative, are they just stupid? If a product, did they use it incorrectly? If a business did they have realistic expectations?
    This is all to often the case judging by a lot of the reviews I have read. Apparently buying something you don't know how to use, not bothering to learn how to use it, then rushing off to post about your stupidity is an increasingly popular sport.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Timely...

Millions of those 5-star online reviews are fake; Here’s how to spot them​

I told you this but I don’t think you believed me. From the article.

“Some Smiling Kids clients claim the dentistry practice offered gift cards for clients willing to provide 5-star reviews on social media sites.”

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Timely...

Millions of those 5-star online reviews are fake; Here’s how to spot them​

And while they beat up on the dentist office, I know they may be as much a victim in this as anyone. Busy professionals do not have the time for internet BS that the social media world has made consumers expect, so most farm it out, and for small businesses it is farmed out online, just as the dentist described.

Many of the sites or FB pages are not written or maintained by the professional they belong to. Many do not even have the savvy to navigate INGO, they gave their customer list to the vendor and like magic the positive reviews appeared. Social media is a nightmare for many small businesses…

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom