Is It Good For The Gun Cause To Bash Suppliers On The Open Internet?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I think there’s a difference between grumbling about something you don’t like, versus crappy business practices, or worse potential safety issues caused by faulty equipment. Companies that don’t take the latter very seriously need to be loudly and publicly called out regardless.
    Yes they do! Well put!

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I have a better idea: kiss my ass
    Dude, I know you might still be reading this. The Mouse has more practical information about firearms in his little finger than you (or most of us) will EVER have, and after all information about firearms and shooting is why almost all of us (not so sure about you) are here

He is also a fount of information about many other practical areas of life such as HVAC. Hundreds of members have been aided by his wisdom. Additionally he has given his heart and soul (and a lot of his free time) to the job of making INGO an interesting and civil place

Your false bravado, delivered anonymously from the safety of your Mom's basement, does nothing but show your ass. I see you took the long fall, hopefully one of the many mods who respect CM for the man we know him to be will make it permanent if it hasn't already been made so

You could say that to me (out of arms reach) and I wouldn't even much care because you are such a teeny tiny concern to me, but you have no right to criticize the man you have targeted about anything because you haven't earned it and never will

Well, bye

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    So, I revisited the SPB thing

[I'll allow a few moments for groaning and grumbling]

We have them in Ahia and I assume it is the same chain. I was especially checking to see if they had a family membership. I was operating from the assumption that the $5 fee for the HHW might be functioning as a stealth guest fee

SPB has no family membership. They have a higher tier of membership that includes a 'free guest' (which made me wonder if there is some other guest fee as well as the HHW fee) but it is another $15/ month and they share your lane. I have no idea if the memberships are month to month or annual fee, but either way one would have to have a guest three times per month just to break even for that month. Don't know about most of you, but my wife doesn't like to shoot that often.

So I was prepared to cut them some slack if they had a family membership, it was reasonably priced relative to the regular membership, and family members could have their HHW on file and avoid that fee. If that was so, the OP's complaint would perhaps be somewhat suspect as the situation could have reasonably been avoided. It does not appear that this was so and it seems like the fee is to generate additional revenue as the effort to have someone read and sign a piece of paper is minimal

The second part of the OP's complaint was more subjective. I can certainly see where the attitude of the manager, as reported, was cavalier and worthy of complaint - but I can also see if the manager is called in by another employee because a customer is simply refusing to pay a disclosed fee because he doesn't think he should have, that the manager might not be willing to do more than insist on following the rule as well as might seem standoffish if he is also busy with other concerns

Not a good look for the manager or the range. OP should not feel like he has to justify how he feels he was treated but I do have a more neutral viewpoint about it based on the facts I have been given

I really can't understand why they don't have a family membership, though. It would be simple to prevent abuse and limit it to only family members as well as set an upper age limit on what family members can use it, either 18 or 21, as well as a minimum age limit. I would think a business, not in it just for the money, would want to encourage such nurturing of the next generation of shooters

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I really can't understand why they don't have a family membership, though. It would be simple to prevent abuse and limit it to only family members as well as set an upper age limit on what family members can use it, either 18 or 21, as well as a minimum age limit. I would think a business, not in it just for the money, would want to encourage such nurturing of the next generation of shooters
    I agree. My outdoor range membership includes a spouse and any children living at home under the age of 18. No extra charges. I can also take one guest one time per year with me.

I think this is more than fair. My wife comes out with me occasionally and in the 5 years or so I have been a member, I have taken three people out as guests.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    If you guys have millions of dollars to throw around please open an indoor range with family memberships. Comparing an outdoor range to an indoor ranges in locations with some of the most expensive real estate around is ridiculous.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    If you guys have millions of dollars to throw around please open an indoor range with family memberships. Comparing an outdoor range to an indoor ranges in locations with some of the most expensive real estate around is ridiculous.
    Sorry about that. Wasn't trying to ruffle your feathers, just talking about my fortunate arrangement.

Funny you mention millions of dollars. When I buy a lottery ticket I do what most do: I think about what would I do with so much money. One thing that always comes up is building a premier shooting range. One that had well vetted members, hosted all kinds of shooting sports, with an awesome clubhouse.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Sorry about that. Wasn't trying to ruffle your feathers, just talking about my fortunate arrangement.

Funny you mention millions of dollars. When I buy a lottery ticket I do what most do: I think about what would I do with so much money. One thing that always comes up is building a premier shooting range. One that had well vetted members, hosted all kinds of shooting sports, with an awesome clubhouse.
    Dang, you are too far from me.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Dang, you are too far from me.
    Oh, I wouldn't build it in Bloomington. Who knows, it might be near you. I'd love to have a place in Michigan where I was raised.

But then again, I might just buy Wildcat and throw a few extra million at it. It's a nice place as it is. :)

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central

If I win the lottery I am not buying a job! Now maybe a tour bus to go on shooting tours with all my friends around the country. LOL

Lpherr

In a blue bubble
    There's already a location available, at least I think it's still empty.
    It was recently revamped. Maybe lease/purchase, and open it up.
    It's Midwest's old range that shut down a couple years ago.
    I actually discussed it will the boss. It would be interesting to own your own business, but she brought up the reality.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    There's already a location available, at least I think it's still empty.
    It was recently revamped. Maybe lease/purchase, and open it up.
    It's Midwest's old range that shut down a couple years ago.
    I actually discussed it will the boss. It would be interesting to own your own business, but she brought up the reality.
    The reality of dealing with the common shooter these days is damned scary.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Hmmm what is a jungle run?
    Been thinking of mowing some paths in the woods…
    go-do-it.gif

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I’ve been an RO. Nope. Never again though I’ve kicked around hosting another Jungle Run out here.
    We have some sizable gatherings, but it is with safety in mind. We have vetted all our people. All of them.
    I am not sure it would be anyway near as fun if we opened it up to everyone and no knock on folks at all. I just know how people can be.

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    We have some sizable gatherings, but it is with safety in mind. We have vetted all our people. All of them.
    I am not sure it would be anyway near as fun if we opened it up to everyone and no knock on folks at all. I just know how people can be.
    But...but...but...you`ll hurt someone's feelings...:lmfao:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom