• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012
    Then the "Show and Tell" threads on here must really blow your mind...
    If you notice, I don't post in them. What you do is  your business...
    Nope, freedom to ignore op sec is real. Being outed by a seller without permission is not freedom nor op sec…
    100%...
    I would point out this is a privately owned place, so none of us have the “right” to anything.
    The "right" to not complete the optional section of feedback or even not leave feedback (which isn't required). Yep, we have that "right"!
    I'm a big boy? :)

TIL
    TMI!

firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012
    This thread served it's purpose, as judging by the responses many didn't know we were creating our own public registry.

Screenshot_20240912_152140_Chrome.jpg

The 3 letter crowd have their own ways and that was NOT what this thread was about, no matter how much @Bassat tried to make it about that...

I did have a learning though, I assumed (wrongly) that those that link the deal on all their buyer feedback, would be willing to forgo feedback without fuss - don't tell my wife!

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    With the recently discussed "Active Listening", if you changed them around your phone, tablet or computer, they will likely be able to know that as well.
    Your roomba recorded rather you had on clean undies or not, and thanks to the Indian data company who processes that data and US government agency who purchased it, calling you an undie-desirable(clean,dirty or cammando does not matter to those in the US agencies who purchased said data).
    It is known.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Nope, freedom to ignore op sec is real. Being outed by a seller without permission is not freedom nor op sec…
    That's ridiculous.

It's op sec in the classifieds. You know the rules going in.
    It's also freedom
    You have the right to choose whether to participate or not.

Now not liking it and wanting to change it is your perogative

firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012
    That's ridiculous.

It's op sec in the classifieds. You know the rules going in.
    It's also freedom
    You have the right to choose whether to participate or not.

Now not liking it and wanting to change it is your perairtight?
    Just like living in a HOA, amiright?

Seriously though, who's changing it? This was just putting a light on it and more than one person had a

1520147787363.jpeg

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Just like living in a HOA, amiright?
    I do think there are marvelous similarities. One big difference is INGO classifieds don't usually have a corner on the market.

I do see and understand the concern, but I don't see anyone really missing out by not by choosing not to participate.

I am fine with the advocating for change. Not a fan of changing it but I play by my own rules. Don't like it, don't participate.

Feeling like it's a regisrry..something to be said for that sure.

Arguing it's a loss of freedom. Nah not buying that anymore than there are multiple cake shops....singling out one to sue ....that's just silly.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    I'll even leave the thumbs up on the edit ;)

That's my taxtic...post something popular like a cute dog pic, wait until Mike likes it then swap it out for a drag queen

Just playing with ya Mike!

It was a puc of Kamala Harris

Ok i didn't really do it.

It has crossed my mind a time or 2

Unfortunately my ethics won't let me.

Printcraft does it all the time....just yesterday I sent him a beautiful picture of my GSD....you should see what he did to it.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I fear a lot of folks are overthinking this registry thing? I think it pays to think smart and cover your bases. At the same time, a big part of what INGO classifieds offers over the rest of the wild, wild web is that we can and do "know" who we are dealing with through feedback and post history.

Maybe just my purchasing habits, but I buy and sell a whole lot more things than firearms from the classifieds. (Everything from vehicles to appliances to electronics to all kind of misc stuff.)

I want folks to use the feedback system, so I can make educated decisions on whether to trade with them or not. It would be disappointing to find out that you were dealing with a habitual problem trader and no one said anything... :xmad: Easy for me to say, because I booked up a lot of feedback early on and still reply to anyone who chooses to give me feedback.

That said, on specifically firearm trades, whether selling or buying I'll skip the feedback system. Because I can, without hurting my overall feedback record and my post history speaks for itself :blahblah:. Why not err on the safer side?

:twocents:

Last edited:

firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012
    I do think there are marvelous similarities. One big difference is INGO classifieds don't usually have a corner on the market.
    They do unless you want a paper trail.
    I do see and understand the concern, but I don't see anyone really missing out by not by choosing not to participate.
    Who's not participating?
    I am fine with the advocating for change. Not a fan of changing it but I play by my own rules. Don't like it, don't participate.
    Who's advocating for change? I simply asked a question...
    Feeling like it's a regisrry..something to be said for that sure.
    I'll leave this here...
    Screenshot_20240912_155904_DuckDuckGo.jpg

Seems to meet the definition to me...
    Screenshot_20240912_152140_Chrome.jpg
    Arguing it's a loss of freedom. Nah not buying that anymore than there are multiple cake shops....singling out one to sue ....that's just silly.
    I didn't say it was a loss of freedom.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    They do unless you want a paper trail.

Who's not participating?

Who's advocating for change? I simply asked a question...

I'll leave this here...
    View attachment 379752

Seems to meet the definition to me...
    View attachment 379753

I didn't say it was a loss of freedom.
    Based on that feedback you should trust me not to if you asked.

I won't swear to it but I believe I left feedback everything someone asked.

Whose not participating is like asking me to prove a negative!

I made a leap to believing you and Mike were, are you saying I am wrong? Fair enough.

firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012
    Based on that feedback you should trust me not to if you asked.

I won't swear to it but I believe I left feedback everything someone asked.

Whose not participating is like asking me to prove a negative!

I made a leap to believing you and Mike were, are you saying I am wrong? Fair enough.
    I can't speak for Mike, but I'm doing my fair share making sure many items in the classy's find a loving home.

Top Bottom