• ...and so much more!
  • DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    People post that they're going to shoot up schools or attempt to assassinate political candidates and the feebs do nothing. Do you think they're going to come round you up because you bought or sold a gun on INGO? :dunno:

firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012
    People post that they're going to shoot up schools or attempt to assassinate political candidates and the feebs do nothing. Do you think they're going to come round you up because you bought or sold a gun on INGO? :dunno:
    See below...
    You got it. I believe the the main point was that the seller doing buyer feedback, without buyer approval, was tying the buyer to a specific purchase. The seller no longer owns it, they likely have less concern than a buyer that the whole public, even guests on the site can see.
    Exactly.....a "public registry"...

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    See below...
    Saw it. My comment stands. Why would I care if you, or IngoMike or any "guests" see that I bought or sold a gun on INGO. I mean, it's pretty obvious that we have a classifieds section. Should nobody be using it? Gunbroker would be a pretty pointless business venture if nobody used them too. It too is viewable by the public. At least here, I'm not posting any PII like my address or phone number or my mother's maiden name, etc..

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 18, 2009
    SE Indy
    PMs here are more private than you realize. We have had issues before, and even TK as the super admin/owner cant even read them the way the board software authors built it. We can see message counts, but that is all. Yes I can tell you how many conversations are in your inbox, but nothing more.

Thats not saying that an alphabet agency cant get the database and reverse engineer it. But someone with the power to peek into your inbox here? Doesnt exist. (And there were several times staff wished it did)
    I will accept that and it’s good to know
    Thank you for the clarification

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Saw it. My comment stands. Why would I care if you, or IngoMike or any "guests" see that I bought or sold a gun on INGO. I mean, it's pretty obvious that we have a classifieds section. Should nobody be using it? Gunbroker would be a pretty pointless business venture if nobody used them too. It too is viewable by the public. At least here, I'm not posting any PII like my address or phone number or my mother's maiden name, etc..
    I believe a buyer should have the right to buy a gun, from a INGO classified, without just any internet user knowing exactly what they bought. We were told part of the site upgrade was for better indexing by google etc. so that purchase data is being scraped. Again, the seller agrees by posting that they are announcing to the world that they are selling, but there is absolutely no reason it is necessary to announce to the world what a buyer bought.

Is that an unreasonable ask?

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    You'd have to ask @texkev if it is or not from a systematic standpoint.

Right now it's an optional field in the feedback that can either be provided or not, and feedback in itself is voluntary though as you and others have mentioned, it's voluntary on a unilateral basis so either party can send/not send and include or not include that field with/without consent from the other party.

As far as each individual deal, it's on each party to adhere to whatever agreement they come to. Personally if someone said hey I want this, but they don't want feedback or don't want the URL included, I'm fine with that. I always tell someone "I'll drop you some feedback" and would certainly honor if they said please don't.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I believe a buyer should have the right to buy a gun, from a INGO classified, without just any internet user knowing exactly what they bought. We were told part of the site upgrade was for better indexing by google etc. so that purchase data is being scraped. Again, the seller agrees by posting that they are announcing to the world that they are selling, but there is absolutely no reason it is necessary to announce to the world what a buyer bought.

Then the buyer can simply tell the seller, "Please don't leave me any feedback." Is that an unreasonable request? (BTW, the word "ask" is a verb, despite what the kids these days think. ;) ) And don't get me started on "sketch" (noun or verb) vs. "sketchy" (adjective). :oldwise:

Honey_and_Vinegar

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Nov 2, 2017
    GREENFIELD
    I've never looked at the feedback system this way, but I think that brings up a valid point.

I've never asked for feedback from any sellers or buyers, but I've plenty of users ask me to add feedback, and I've gladly added feedback to whomever asks.

Now I'm questioning the feedback system...

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I've never looked at the feedback system this way, but I think that brings up a valid point.

I've never asked for feedback from any sellers or buyers, but I've plenty of users ask me to add feedback, and I've gladly added feedback to whomever asks.

Now I'm questioning the feedback system...
    Man y'all have some pretty tight tinfoil.

The point of INGO, and the feedback, and the interactions by requiring quality posts/participation is to be better than the sites like gunbroker, armslist etc. You get a feel for who you are dealing with. And if you see someone with zero or negative feedback scores, you can decide whether you think its worth it.

No feedback? Do I want to? Maybe.

Bad feedback? Hells no. I dont need that guy deciding he got a better offer after the virtual handshake or has a history of no-shows.

But you do you I guess.

Honey_and_Vinegar

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Nov 2, 2017
    GREENFIELD

The point of INGO, and the feedback, and the interactions by requiring quality posts/participation is to be better than the sites like gunbroker, armslist etc. You get a feel for who you are dealing with. And if you see someone with zero or negative feedback scores, you can decide whether you think its worth it.

Bad feedback? Hells no. I dont need that guy deciding he got a better offer after the virtual handshake or has a history of no-shows.

But you do you I guess.
    I agree, and I get all of this. I think this site does a good job of weeding out some truly awful users.

I've always looked at the feedback system as a good thing. Just never thought of it in this "registry" light.

firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012
    No tinfoil here, IMO it's not wise to create a public list of items you've bought... but many here have no issue with it.
    Agree 100%, just not on linking the "deal"...

Airtevron1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Sep 10, 2019
    IN

But you do you I guess.
    Ataway mod, criticize the user's of the forum like that

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Z06
    Top Bottom