• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Had a cyst on my toe for the past five years or so. Would swell up and get painful occasionally and I paid to have it drained once. Went to doing it myself as it was easy, pretty painless and a hell of a lot cheaper and more convenient. Saw my primary doc a few months ago and was told how bad an idea that was and that it would eventually cause significant problems up to losing the toe.

So I go back to the podiatrist who schedules surgery. Just a little outpatient deal to get rid of it. I wasn't told I'd be in a surgical boot for two weeks and unable to get my foot wet (or sweaty), in August, in Indiana. **** me, great, whatever, it's too late now so I'll deal with it. Two weeks come and **GASP** it isn't healed, let's give it another week. Another week and *GASP* it still isn't healed. Five weeks and I'm finally able to take a regular shower, wear shoes and get some work done.

Couple weeks go by and I'm keeping it covered with Neosporin as I"m supposed to during the day and leaving it open at night. The scab finally came off yesterday revealing some nice, pink, brand new looking skin with the same ****ing cyst sitting right were it was before.

What do I get for the privilege? A few thousand dollars out of my pocket and a "better luck next time". I'm ****ing done with the medical industry.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Taking the oldest to the infusion center for his second treatment. Waited for nearly half an hour. Checked at admissions- they “forgot” to inform the infusion center that we were there.
    Infusion center? More like confusion center.
    They won't forget to charge you $450/hr for the privilege of spending time in their presence.

Reactions: Leo

INP8riot

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2023
    Rockville
    For any sort of lumps and bumps we have a protocol at my house. Castor oil and Oregano oil mixed together. Oregano oil is an amazing antiseptic/biotic/fungal/parasitic. The castor oil helps carry the oregano oil into the body. You will smell like an Italian plate of food, but it works. For any open wounds they get sprayed with colloidal silver. Guaranteed that would have been healed in half the time with a 30-50ppm colloidal spray as opposed to neosporin. Also, if you were to drain it yourself, the oregano/colloidal silver would ensure no infection afterwards.

We gave up on modern medicine long ago and have picked up various almost lost and forgotten herbal remedies.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    I had to have one of my kidneys removed back in May, and now that it’s all said and done, I’m extremely impressed with the urologist/surgeon guy and everyone at the urologist office. The hospital, not impressed at all.

The people in the surgery and recovery departments were fantastic, but once I got in a room, most of the nurses were worthless. Every other staff member of the hospital were pretty much worthless too.

Then, after several phone calls to hospital billing, they finally got around to deciding what we owed them and sent the bill week before last. My wife sent payment in full two days later, and the day after that, I get a call from what may have been the dumbest ****ing broad ever, asking why we hadn’t paid the bill yet!

I explained to this idiot that we had called several times and FINALLY got them to give us a number right before the weekend, and we had paid the full amount the day before. There’s an awkward pause, and she goes “I can set up payment over the phone”.

I asked her what language she speaks and another awkward pause, and she goes “what kind of question is that”? And I proceeded to tell her “I just ****ing told you it was paid in full yesterday, I can hear you pecking on a computer, get on there and look”! There was another awkward pause and I hung up before she said anything else, I could feel my face getting hot from being so pissed by this moron.

I honestly don’t know how these places stay open.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I was tortured for four hours while strapped naked to a steel table during a failed ablation attempt when I was around 30. Got a "sorry" after that.

Had a surgeon ghost my outpatient procedure to remove a cyst from my back several years later, no call - no show. It promptly got infected and what was to be a simple outpatient procedure during my lunch break turned in to having a nurse come to my home for a few weeks every couple of days to remove and repack the gaping hole they left behind. Didn't get so much as a "bummer" out of anyone.

Last month I went to the ER with I still don't know what going on so they injected me with one medication which states not to drive or operate heavy machinery and another one which states it may impair decision making before sending me out the door to drive myself home. I don't recall most of the day and didn't remember hitting the temporary barricade on SR37 until the next day, went out to look and sure enough. Haven't heard back from the email I just sent them today. Needed a little while to cool off first. I'm not holding my breath for much if anything.

I don't know why this **** still surprises me or pisses me off. You'd think I'd have learned by now.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I had to have one of my kidneys removed back in May, and now that it’s all said and done, I’m extremely impressed with the urologist/surgeon guy and everyone at the urologist office. The hospital, not impressed at all.

The people in the surgery and recovery departments were fantastic, but once I got in a room, most of the nurses were worthless. Every other staff member of the hospital were pretty much worthless too.

Then, after several phone calls to hospital billing, they finally got around to deciding what we owed them and sent the bill week before last. My wife sent payment in full two days later, and the day after that, I get a call from what may have been the dumbest ****ing broad ever, asking why we hadn’t paid the bill yet!

I explained to this idiot that we had called several times and FINALLY got them to give us a number right before the weekend, and we had paid the full amount the day before. There’s an awkward pause, and she goes “I can set up payment over the phone”.

I asked her what language she speaks and another awkward pause, and she goes “what kind of question is that”? And I proceeded to tell her “I just ****ing told you it was paid in full yesterday, I can hear you pecking on a computer, get on there and look”! There was another awkward pause and I hung up before she said anything else, I could feel my face getting hot from being so pissed by this moron.

I honestly don’t know how these places stay open.
    That may have been a computer that you were talking to. I think it's Xfinity's customer service that asks you a question, you answer, and then there's the sound of a computer keyboard being typed on. It's okay. I've cussed out that computer up one side and down the other! It's cathartic. :):

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I have been reading about just how many Doctors are now direct employees of hospitals. Some areas are pushing 90% The hospital corps have multiple layers of administration that write protocols and direct every minute of time. The protocols are written with maximizing profit through every applicable department in the hospital system, rather than efficient patient care. If you look into it, many of the small clinics and offices are owned by the hospital corporations, even if there is no hospital name on the door. Those Dr's get bossed around the same as the ones who are actually in the hospital.

The million dollar salary Administrators who work for the multi mullion dollar boards have less morals that your basic alley criminal drug pusher.

Only one Dr, a real nasty guy ever told me the truth. "I am here to manage sickness" not a word about healing or curing. At least I knew where he stood.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    That may have been a computer that you were talking to. I think it's Xfinity's customer service that asks you a question, you answer, and then there's the sound of a computer keyboard being typed on. It's okay. I've cussed out that computer up one side and down the other! It's cathartic. :):
    No, this was a real person. She had that dumb tone to her voice. :): She reminded me of the morons I used to deal with years ago at the child support office, I think they only hired people that were just barely able to speak without drooling.

INP8riot

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2023
    Rockville
    Yes, clearly I was an idiot.
    I wouldn't say that!

Everyone can't know everything. That's when we HAVE to put our trust in someone. Unfortunately I have learned to not get my hopes up. Several things have happened recently that have been beyond my control and my wife has been so surprised at how I just didn't blast off into space over it. For me, not giving a F is hard and it had been a long and torturous road...but I think I have arrived! I try to be a sponge and learn everything so I CAN control everything in my life. That is just not reasonable under every circumstance though.

There must be a systemic reason for your cysts. Research it and find the root cause and treat that. Lancing and such is just treating the symptom, not the cause. At this point I don't wven trust Drs. I had several cavities filled in 2020 during the plandemic and I felt like crap for weeks. I swore the dentist slipped me a mickey. Come to find out that novicane is laced with graphene from recent studies they have done. I felt it and knew something was wrong. Can't trust anyone anymore. It really is sad.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    I wouldn't say that!

Everyone can't know everything. That's when we HAVE to put our trust in someone. Unfortunately I have learned to not get my hopes up. Several things have happened recently that have been beyond my control and my wife has been so surprised at how I just didn't blast off into space over it. For me, not giving a F is hard and it had been a long and torturous road...but I think I have arrived! I try to be a sponge and learn everything so I CAN control everything in my life. That is just not reasonable under every circumstance though.

There must be a systemic reason for your cysts. Research it and find the root cause and treat that. Lancing and such is just treating the symptom, not the cause. At this point I don't wven trust Drs. I had several cavities filled in 2020 during the plandemic and I felt like crap for weeks. I swore the dentist slipped me a mickey. Come to find out that novicane is laced with graphene from recent studies they have done. I felt it and knew something was wrong. Can't trust anyone anymore. It really is sad.
    When me and my wife got married 20 years ago, I had not been to a dentist for eleven years, and that was to have an abcessed wisdom tooth pulled. So she gets me to go to her dentist for a checkup, everything is great, no cavities, gums are in great shape, it’s just amazing how great my teeth are since I hadn’t used their magical services for so long. They say “come back in 6 months and we’ll get you on a yearly cleaning schedule”, so like a fool, I agree and schedule an appointment 6 months out.

Six months later, I go in for my cleaning and all of a sudden I have something wrong with my gums, and they say they need me to come back in three months, and guess what, three months later I have a cavity that needs fixed!

Total ****ing scam. Only been once since then to have a root canal on a tooth that was killing me, and that didn’t work, so I told him to pull it so I could get the hell out of there. Then they tried to sell me a $4000 implant to replace a tooth that was way in the back and nobody can tell that it’s missing.

sapper83

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 26, 2024
    Valparaiso
    When me and my wife got married 20 years ago, I had not been to a dentist for eleven years, and that was to have an abcessed wisdom tooth pulled. So she gets me to go to her dentist for a checkup, everything is great, no cavities, gums are in great shape, it’s just amazing how great my teeth are since I hadn’t used their magical services for so long. They say “come back in 6 months and we’ll get you on a yearly cleaning schedule”, so like a fool, I agree and schedule an appointment 6 months out.

Six months later, I go in for my cleaning and all of a sudden I have something wrong with my gums, and they say they need me to come back in three months, and guess what, three months later I have a cavity that needs fixed!

Total ****ing scam. Only been once since then to have a root canal on a tooth that was killing me, and that didn’t work, so I told him to pull it so I could get the hell out of there. Then they tried to sell me a $4000 implant to replace a tooth that was way in the back and nobody can tell that it’s missing.
    I have been to a dentist twice and will never go again. I had a so-called cavity that never bothered me fixed.. then it bothered me all the time!!! I use sensodine tooth paste and it is all good now! I clean my own teeth.

Top Bottom