Familyfriendlyville

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    They'll figure it out just after the midterms, one person will take the fall, and the sheep will have moved on by 2016

Probably not even that. Maybe the biggest reason the administration hasn't thrown Learner under the bus is that they're afraid she'll tell what she knows. I think they can play the shell game indefinitely.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Judicial Watch Claims IRS Attorneys Admit Lois Lerner's 'Missing' Emails Exist - Forbes

It's a total scam being run on the public. Anyone in the IT field knows that it's all sitting out there waiting to be discovered. You want to move it forward? Start arresting and prosecuting people responsible for the data retention required by law. It starts at the top, BTW.

Depends. Our email retention policy is 3 years. Our Email servers are in the cloud. Emails older than 3 years are removed automatically and employees' clients are always synced with the cloud. But we can archive emails locally. It is against company policy to retain emails for more than 3 years so most people probably just rely on syncing with the servers. The cloud storage is backed up, however. It's not impossible that some emails survive longer than the 3 years on the backups.

I have no idea what the retention policy is for government emails. They have policies on everything else, I'm sure there must be on on that.

hooky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 4, 2011
    Central Indiana
    Depends. Our email retention policy is 3 years. Our Email servers are in the cloud. Emails older than 3 years are removed automatically and employees' clients are always synced with the cloud. But we can archive emails locally. It is against company policy to retain emails for more than 3 years so most people probably just rely on syncing with the servers. The cloud storage is backed up, however. It's not impossible that some emails survive longer than the 3 years on the backups.

I have no idea what the retention policy is for government emails. They have policies on everything else, I'm sure there must be on on that.

I would suggest that you research the retention policies mandated by federal law. Your company's requirements have zip to do with the .gov requirements.

A high level overview http://www.archives.gov/records-mgmt/bulletins/2013/2013-03.html

Last edited:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I would suggest that you research the retention policies mandated by federal law. Your company's requirements have zip to do with the .gov requirements.

A high level overview Bulletin 2013-03

I'm not saying my company's retention policies are the same as the G's. Just that 1) if there's a policy to destroy email the emails probably are destroyed server side. 2) the government probably has some kind of retention policy too, which I've never taken the time to look up. Thanks for posting the link.

But nevertheless, even when emails are destroyed on the servers, they probably still exist somewhere. It'd be interesting if they subpenaed the email of likely recipients and to hear the excuses of how those hard drives happened to crash all at the same time.

billt

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2010
    Glendale, Arizona
    With todays modern data retention methods in place in I.T., especially within the government, there is no way any of that information was "accidentally lost". It was willfully destroyed by someone who knows what they're doing, and were instructed to do so.

billt

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2010
    Glendale, Arizona
    Seems like someone besides Lerner needs to go to jail.

For me it isn't so much what she did. Grant you that's bad enough. But her overwhelming arrogance, and that, (you can't touch me), smirk on her face is what infuriates me to no end. I can't say it enough times. I'd give a months pay to be able to smash that woman's face in with a pair of brass knuckles! I have more respect for a street whore who chews tobacco and spits it on the sidewalk, than I do that POS.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Maybe Lerner has a reason to be smug. I kinda think she has the administration by the balls--figuratively of course, emasculation not withstanding. They protect her, she pleads the 5th and keeps her mouth shut. She goes, they all go. Probably why the administration hasn't thrown her under the bus. Of course I suppose she could have some kind of "accident". Then the administration would be free to scape goat her as a lone actor.

spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    I have contacted Sen. Coats twice on this asking that they push this. It only takes a minute, he needs to know we are very concerned. Lerner must be very confident she is protected or she would rat out to avoid jail.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    It has to go beyond just the IRS. I just don't see a reason why else they would take such risks like getting rid of electronic evidence that seems so possible to resurface anyway, unless this goes pretty high. I just wonder who in the white house or congress has their finger prints all over it. But you're right. I think it's a good idea to contact our representatives and tell them what we think. Even Smilin' Joe, not that he'd be receptive to it.

Top Bottom