• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    Well, well. Yet another Democrat talking point is pure lie. Buried under the immigration and Ferguson stories is the following:

30,000 missing emails from IRS' Lerner recovered | WashingtonExaminer.com

The e-mail was recovered from backup tapes after they were "deemed lost forever". Hopefully, more of the contents of all of those IRS crashed hard drives will be recovered. Issa has already said that he is looking forward to examining those e-mails.

Certainly that's just coincidence. It's not like they would doc dump when everyone is distracted by something else.

Slawburger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Almost Southern IN
    I think I read that the investigators have to turn the data over to the IRS so it can be scrubbed for taxpayer returns before the data can be released to Congress. It makes sense to protect the individual tax records but seems to pose a conflict since the IRS has appeared to have an interest in keeping the data out of the hands of Congress. Is there some mechanism to ensure that incriminating evidence is not scrubbed along with the tax data?

Feel free to correct me if I misunderstood the process (I only read a brief article).

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    Scrubbing data for privacy is fairly trivial. I've done it many times. However, I doubt that affects Lois Lerner's e-mails. She was the director of the IRS and would not likely have any attached to her e-mails. In fact, if there are any there, that might be a matter of interest for the investigators.

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    Scrubbing data for privacy is fairly trivial. I've done it many times. However, I doubt that affects Lois Lerner's e-mails. She was the director of the IRS and would not likely have any attached to her e-mails. In fact, if there are any there, that might be a matter of interest for the investigators.
    Yeah that would be like Bill Gates answering the phone when I called the 800 number for Microsoft support. If Lois is touching any taxpayer data it's for the wrong reasons.

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    To All,

If indeed the Lois Lerner emails have been recovered and I were in the republican house I would darn well want to put an FBI or US Marshall computer geek on overwatch 24/7!

If that is out of line then backup these files in a secured area.

If they exonerate her of any wrongdoing - fine. If they contain information of criminal action let's make certain it IS NOT lost again.

Regards,

Doug

Last edited:

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    "Potential Criminal Activity" As IRS Straight-Up Lies to Congress and Refuses to Look for Back-Up Tapes for Lois Lerner Emails

"No one will ever believe that both your hard drive and mine crashed within a week..." -Lois Lerner

and a rant by politicalmath:

PoliticalMath said:
    No one will go to jail for the IRS conspiracy, which proves that bureaucrats are above the law . Lerner LITERALLY said "No one will believe both our hard drives crashed". She thought my liberal friends were smarter than they proved to be. Honestly, I want a ****ing apology from everyone who argued that the IRS was a fake scandal. You have been wrong at every point of this. So much wrongdoing & cover-up has been discovered at the IRS, only the most partisan trash could say "There's no need to press charges"

I disbelieved the "IRS is targeting conservatives" as a conspiracy. It's clear now the IRS is out of ****ing control. Fire them all. No prison time means, IRS officials think they're above the law. They'll do it again w/ cover from a media utterly incurious about the truth. I can't believe my liberal friends aren't furious. The IRS lied to you! Played you as chumps! You swallowed it whole & you're not upset?

Top Bottom