• ...and so much more!
  • machete

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2010
    Traplantis
    How's this for principle. Don't steal.

But that argument is circular as you cut and run and wont stand your ground and defend your definition of stealing--which youve never even tried to define-- Ive given you numerous philosophical arguments on the issue--but you havent addressed one of them...

Everything else you said is crap. Absolute crap.

You tell us that youre a lawyer--that you have a philosophy degree-that you have an engineering degree-that you have numerous patents issued in your name-and that you were a Marine commission-but instead of trying to make a case,,,you cut and run and call people trolls and their arguments -- crap..

This aint the marines where you can just order someone to act like they think youre a genius-- if you have such a good argument--make it...

If you still have your CD in your house,,,how is what I do with my CD stealing your CD???

Redemption

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 6, 2009
    Boy, that sounds like the rantings of a thief, and how he justifies his actions. Why don't you add: "Don't let your daughter near me if you don't want me to rape her"?
    That would involve a physical transaction and would be a crime. A long reach to equate copying music with rape.....I give you an F...for FAIL.

Wear it proudly.:cool:

SemperFiUSMC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    But that argument is circular as you cut and run and wont stand your ground and defend your definition of stealing--which youve never even tried to define-- Ive given you numerous philosophical arguments on the issue--but you havent addressed one of them...

You tell us that youre a lawyer--that you have a philosophy degree-that you have an engineering degree-that you have numerous patents issued in your name-and that you were a Marine commission-but instead of trying to make a case,,,you cut and run and call people trolls and their arguments -- crap..

This aint the marines where you can just order someone to act like they think youre a genius-- if you have such a good argument--make it...

If you still have your CD in your house,,,how is what I do with my CD stealing your CD???

If you don't know the definition of stealing I'm done. You just made my ignore list before I make the ban list.

Back under your bridge troll.

machete

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2010
    Traplantis
    If you don't know the definition of stealing I'm done. You just made my ignore list before I make the ban list.

What--eh--vuh...

IP is arbitrary...

They say,,,music is IP but not recipes... They say patents are IP but not fragrances... Cartoons get life + 70 years ,,,patents get 20...

Its all made up...

In real law,,,you dont need to have a definition of stealing since if Im driving around in your car Ive stolen it... If your CD is in your house,,,how have I stolen it???

There are big discussions on whether IP really exists or is just something we made up to give protected incomes to certain people...

All your high falutent training has resulted in a troll insult---a crap insult---and an ignore list...

There are books on IP saying it doesnt really exist...

Amazon.com: Against Intellectual Property (9781933550329): Stephan N Kinsella: Books

Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Against Intellectual Monopoly

these are really smart people who wrote these books... maybe you can read them and actually have a discussion with us instead of calling names on everyone who doesnt agree with you...

Hkindiana

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 19, 2010
    Southern Hills
    That would involve a physical transaction and would be a crime. A long reach to equate copying music with rape.....I give you an F...for FAIL.

Wear it proudly.:cool:

I give you an F for fool.

RAPE definition 4.
    an act of plunder, or abuse; despoliation; violation: the rape of the countryside.

I think you mean physical transgression. If it is a "transaction", then you are just buying a hooker.

38special

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Mooresville
    The argument that a court has ruled it is so doesn't sit well with me.

Courts have ruled that abortion is A-OK. They also ruled that black people are worth only 2/3 that of a white person.

Courts do make law, and they are making this the current law. Does that mean it's right? Absolutely not. And that's the real argument here.

rjstew317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 13, 2010
    Fishers

Courts have ruled that abortion is A-OK. They also ruled that black people are worth only 2/3 that of a white person.

Courts do make law, and they are making this the current law. Does that mean it's right? Absolutely not. And that's the real argument here.
    so can you enlighten us as to why it is okay to take someones hard work without compensating them? that's what the courts have ruled on. the argument on the courts past regarding black people is irrelevant, white people owned slaves in the past, but that doesn't make us slave owners today.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    so can you enlighten us as to why it is okay to take someones hard work without compensating them? that's what the courts have ruled on. the argument on the courts past regarding black people is irrelevant, white people owned slaves in the past, but that doesn't make us slave owners today.
    :hijack:

Should the Government shut down whole websites for what someone might do on them? Should INGO get shut down by Homeland Security because someone posts text from a copyrighted source? Its a stupid argument that places blame on the wrong person. If anyone is going to be chased by the Thought Police, it should be the poster, not Fenway.

Last edited:

SemperFiUSMC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009

The court ruled, and there it is. Reality. A big slap in the face.

I agree with you about abortion. But the other thing ... can you point me to the court ruling that black people are only worth 2/3 of a white person?

Courts aren't making the current law. It's the DMCA. Google it and read it.

Should the Government shut down whole websites for what someone might do on them? Should INGO get shut down by Homeland Security because someone posts text from a copyrighted source? Its a stupid argument that places blame on the wrong person. The poster should be the one getting chased by the Thought Police, not Fenway.

If you had read the DMCA as I suggested, you would have the answer to your question. Website owners have qualified immunity as long as they have procedures in place to address copyright infringement. Be responsible? Stay in business. Engage in stealing? Get shut down.

It's all there in black and white. All you have to do is turn o the page and start reading.

rjstew317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 13, 2010
    Fishers

Should the Government shut down whole websites for what someone might do on them? Should INGO get shut down by Homeland Security because someone posts text from a copyrighted source? Its a stupid argument that places blame on the wrong person. The poster should be the one getting chased by the Thought Police, not Fenway.
    if what they are doing is against the law, and they have been given time to comply but refused, then yes they should be shut down

Arthur Dent

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    in the context of this conversation that's how it sounded. feel free to elaborate.

If you own something you should have the freedom to do with it as you wish. Right? In that context if you decide to by a cd or some music off itunes you should be able to give that to whoever you wish. If you can't then you don't really own it, do you?

rjstew317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 13, 2010
    Fishers
    If you own something you should have the freedom to do with it as you wish. Right? In that context if you decide to by a cd or some music off itunes you should be able to give that to whoever you wish. If you can't then you don't really own it, do you?
    how you every created something? if you have, how would you like if that thing you poured you heart and soul into was taken from you only to be given away, and the person making it possible for everyone to take it is now making money off of it, and you're not

Security122

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2010
    Southside of Indy

This is the issue. You don't OWN something that belongs to someone else! You may own the media it resides on, but you DO NOT own the song/music on the CD or whatever media. Of course if you are the songwriter or publicher you can give it away and make your living doeing something else. Otherwise, you can give the original CD or other media to anyone you please, as long as you don't keep a copy for yourself.

This isn't directed to you in particular Mr. Dent, but I just can't believe so many people are having such a hard time understanding they don't own copywrited material unless they are the creator. Here is an example you all might understand. Say someone buys a $12 music CD from Walmart, takes it home and burns 100 copies, then sells them for $2 each. You would agree that is stealing, wouldn't you? You just stole the royalties from the songwriters/publishers, not to mention the record label and artist. "Sharing" your copy, that is allowing others to copy the content of the CD "media" you purchased is the same thing, even though you may not make a profit. I am sure some burglars have given away items they have stolen, but that does not mean they were't stolen.

machete

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2010
    Traplantis
    Here is an example you all might understand. Say someone buys a $12 music CD from Walmart, takes it home and burns 100 copies, then sells them for $2 each. You would agree that is stealing, wouldn't you?

Just want you to know,,,a lot of very smart people who write about this subject,,,dont think thats stealing--at all...

See those books I sited... They think this is nothing but a law some people thought up to help themselves...

rjstew317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 13, 2010
    Fishers
    Just want you to know,,,a lot of very smart people who write about this subject,,,dont think thats stealing--at all...

See those books I sited... They think this is nothing but a law some people thought up to help themselves...
    there are also groups that think it is perfectly ok to have sexual relationships with children, but that doesn't change the fact that it is morally wrong and against the law.

Top Bottom