It's simply amazes me how desperate the liberals are to keep from getting found out of their treachery.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012
    Whatever. Fort Wayne has been a city for legal refugees. We have a large Bosnian and Burmese population. Both communities are doing just fine.

FWIW, if we're all, "they aren't assimilating!!" then it's worth noting that churches in the southern part of the county had German language services well into the end of the 20th century.

The God's love extends to all. If I was in their situation, I just might do the same.
    I'm not familiar with the legal refugee situation, I was referring to the illegal immigration situation...

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    The God's love extends to all. If I was in their situation, I just might do the same.
    God’s love does extend to them but so do his commands. Render unto Caesar that which is Caesar’s. Laws are to be followed. They are not by those facilitating an invasion of others into the freest people and country God ever put on the planet.

There are legal means by which to accomplish the goal. What is happening now is not lawful but those perpetrating fraud are not following God’s commandments to render unto Caesar that which is lawful, and it sounds like you are not either…

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    That is not what the scripture says.
    As wikipedia says, "Citation Needed".
    EDIT:
    Luke 10:27-37 said:
    27 He answered, “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind’; and, ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’

28 “You have answered correctly,” Jesus replied. “Do this and you will live.”

29 But he wanted to justify himself, so he asked Jesus, “And who is my neighbor?”

30 In reply Jesus said: “A man was going down from Jerusalem to Jericho, when he was attacked by robbers. They stripped him of his clothes, beat him and went away, leaving him half dead. 31 A priest happened to be going down the same road, and when he saw the man, he passed by on the other side. 32 So too, a Levite, when he came to the place and saw him, passed by on the other side. 33 But a Samaritan, as he traveled, came where the man was; and when he saw him, he took pity on him. 34 He went to him and bandaged his wounds, pouring on oil and wine. Then he put the man on his own donkey, brought him to an inn and took care of him. 35 The next day he took out two denarii and gave them to the innkeeper. ‘Look after him,’ he said, ‘and when I return, I will reimburse you for any extra expense you may have.’

36 “Which of these three do you think was a neighbor to the man who fell into the hands of robbers?”

37 The expert in the law replied, “The one who had mercy on him.”

Jesus told him, “Go and do likewise.”

So, am I able to say, "The Lord blessed me with this donkey, but I'm allowed to use it only for my good? Or am I compelled by desire to be Christ-like to use what he's given to me to give to others?

When it comes to immigration, I follow the laws (be they ever changing), but also extend hospitality to those I can. Mind you, that doesn't mean the nation extend hospitality, but I and my household.

Last edited:

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    God’s love does extend to them but so do his commands. Render unto Caesar that which is Caesar’s. Laws are to be followed. They are not by those facilitating an invasion of others into the freest people and country God ever put on the planet.

There are legal means by which to accomplish the goal. What is happening now is not lawful but those perpetrating fraud are not following God’s commandments to render unto Caesar that which is lawful, and it sounds like you are not either…
    Why do we suddenly quote this verse in this case, but if this was a 2A issue, the entire conversation would flip?

I am in no way advocating for illegal immigration. I firmly want immigration reform and better border security. But if people are refugees legally in America, I will do my best to love them, not use them as a political pawn.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Why do we suddenly quote this verse in this case, but if this was a 2A issue, the entire conversation would flip?

I am in no way advocating for illegal immigration. I firmly want immigration reform and better border security. But if people are refugees legally in America, I will do my best to love them, not use them as a political pawn.
    News flash! They are not. They are EO, the act of a dictator, not constitutional.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    That is not what the scripture says.
    Whose law is higher? Is the Christian primary citizenship earthly or heavenly? While you advocate for deportation how are you to treat the refugee? Scripture citations accepted.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    News flash! They are not. They are EO, the act of a dictator, not constitutional.
    Don't care.

First, laws don't govern how I treat other people. There's no way you can say it's moral for me to mistreat others because of what Caesar says. The Nazis told the German denizens how to treat Jews - they called them vermin, mentally incapable, a threat to their country... oddly similar.

Second, EOs are indeed proper, though I think they are overused and potential in need of reform (how many did Trump issue?).

And dude, seriously, you need to spend a couple of weeks in Romania studying the history to see what a real dictator is like.

I feel like I need to reiterate - I do not approve of illegal immigration, I am for immigration reform, I will love every human regardless of their status; I will extend compassion and grace just as my Savior did to me.

Last edited:

Vodnik4

Aspiring Redneck
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 24, 2021
    Monroe
    I firmly want immigration reform and better border security.
    can you please explain what you mean by “immigration reform”? Please start with why the laws on the books are broken or insufficient and need to be changed.
    This phrase is thrown around like a blanket, but the details are never given. Honestly curious — not trying to trip you up.

Top Bottom