Insulted by Pendleton, IN Chief of Police...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 1032JBT

LEO and PROUD of it.......even if others aren't
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Noblesville
    sounds like the guy is on a serious power trip, like unfourtunatly so many po's are, that why there job title is to opress and discourage ....or is it to protect and serve.

Hmmmm..........I don't remember either one of those words being in the oath I took.......:rolleyes:

Cantbephaded04

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 3, 2009
    I would send remember him at Christmas time and send him a nice greeting card with a penis on a hip, a picture of yourself, and an invite to your family get together.

CSK22

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 5, 2009
    Stoplight City
    Send his superior a letter and inform him of the situation. Tell him how it ruined your night and scared your family. Officers are put in place to protect and serve, not make up rules and dictate. I know many many awesome LEOs, but it seems they are becoming few and far between now :( unless we just only hear stories of the bad ones.

Glocker

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 30, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    He is in his own little world with his tight shirt. I think people wearing tight shirts are just as bad as people wearing long baggy *. How much of an idiot are you to not know your own clothes size. Especially a uniform...he thinks he's in a fashion show and no one can't tell him otherwise because he has authority.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ramen

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2009
    He is in his own little world with his tight shirt. I think people wearing tight shirts are just as bad as people wearing long baggy *. How much of an idiot are you to not know your own clothes size. Especially a uniform...he thinks he's in a fashion show and no one can't tell him otherwise because he has authority.

I know you are trying to make light of the situation, but I think this thread has enough personal attacks, and is probably best left to die unless the OP has an update on the situation. :)

It is unfortunate that the Police Officer acted the way he did, but personally attacking him over and over is a bit immature. We can defend our rights without belittling someone. He might visit this website some day, and some of these posts would not change his mind about how he handled the situation.

:soapbox:

Last edited by a moderator:

mikea46996

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Winamac
    I know you are trying to make light of the situation, but I think this thread has enough personal attacks, and is probably best left to die unless the OP has an update on the situation. :)

It is unfortunate that the Police Officer acted the way he did, but personally attacking him over and over is a bit immature. We can defend our rights without belittling someone. He might visit this website some day, and some of these posts would not change his mind about how he handled the situation.

:soapbox:

:+1:Wow great post!!!!!!!!!

jstwrit

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   1
    May 11, 2009
    N.E.
    I realize this will not be a popular opinion, but I agree with the cop. Just because you can do something does not mean you should. Carry all the guns you want, but why do they need to be seen. It just seems that some people do this to get attention. I know I would not want to see guns on every hip and the fair.

I respectfully disagree with your post as you guessed some would. I, like you, cc because I don't like anyone else knowing I'm carrying. I don't believe though, that a law abiding citizen should be harassed by anyone especially a LEO just because he doesn't like a legal weapon being shown. It's legal, even if you don't like it, it's his right as a free "licensed" citizen.

AndersonIN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 21, 2009
    Anderson, IN
    I respectfully disagree with your post as you guessed some would. I, like you, cc because I don't like anyone else knowing I'm carrying. I don't believe though, that a law abiding citizen should be harassed by anyone especially a LEO just because he doesn't like a legal weapon being shown. It's legal, even if you don't like it, it's his right as a free "licensed" citizen.

Oh come on now......I'm sure if you wanted to do something illegal that YOU felt was OK this LEO would let you get by with it in Pendleton! You know it's ALL ABOUT FEELINGS! :dunno:

Ramen

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2009
    Oh come on now......I'm sure if you wanted to do something illegal that YOU felt was OK this LEO would let you get by with it in Pendleton! You know it's ALL ABOUT FEELINGS! :dunno:

But carrying a handgun is legal (provided you have that stupid license). So the LEO has to let him get by with it.

wally05

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Yep... way out of line here. The Chief needs to explain himself. Ignorance of the law is apparently not an excuse for a normal citizen and then it's DEFINITELY not an excuse for a Chief of Police. I'll leave my opinion at this, Chief screwed up and needs to own up to it. My own interactions with him have kind of left me with a sour opinion of him, so I don't know.

rrmark

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2009
    Avon
    I don't understand why you would want to carry in the open. In the open it removes all doubt to the bad guy who is armed. Whether in line at the bank, or pumping gas at the local Speedway, you have the advantage. If your walking around with your weapon exposed, who do you think the bad guy would single out first? Right there in Pendleton behind the walls are people that practice taking guns away from police officers. What do yo think they would do with you, John Q. Public?
    Be smart, carry smart!

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    NE Indiana
    RRMark, I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt here because you are new. This is one topic that will, IMO, never have a general consensus of "right" or "wrong" to OC or CC. If you would like to see what has been written here previously, do a search and you will find volumes of threads with opinions on both sides.

I guess that I am wrong, there IS a consensus: Carry legally, carry safely and carry often.

AndersonIN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 21, 2009
    Anderson, IN
    I don't understand why you would want to carry in the open. In the open it removes all doubt to the bad guy who is armed. Whether in line at the bank, or pumping gas at the local Speedway, you have the advantage. If your walking around with your weapon exposed, who do you think the bad guy would single out first? Right there in Pendleton behind the walls are people that practice taking guns away from police officers. What do yo think they would do with you, John Q. Public?
    Be smart, carry smart!

This is not an Open vrs Closed carry post! We carry can open because it ISN'T against the law. That's all that needs to be said IN THIS POST! Start post #1,000,000 and 1 on closed vrs open some where else please!

wally05

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Be smart, carry smart!

The thing is, if Open carry was made illegal, anyone that even accidently show their gun by their coat blowing open or something like could and probably would get in trouble. It's not illegal. The OP was within his rights to carry like that and the Chief violated those rights. I don't open carry, but it's nice to know if I have to take off my coat that I wouldn't have to worry about being harassed for it.

Don't start and OC vs CC discussion here.

rrmark

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2009
    Avon
    I did not mean to stir up a hornets nest. I am well aware of our rights. Your right the chief was out of line. If we are not careful we will lose some of those rights under this admin. I am sure that some on here have carried a gun way more than me. I was just trying to point a few things out. If you have a complaint do it the right way. Go to the next town board meeting and voice your complaint. Or write a letter to the board member that is in charge of the police. They usually have one that is in charge of the utilities, fire, police. Don't call the sheriff, he has nothing to do with it. Whats he going to chastise him, I don't think so. It does not work that way.
    Boy you can really get things going on here! lol

Top Bottom