Insulted by Pendleton, IN Chief of Police...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AndersonIN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 21, 2009
    Anderson, IN
    I did not mean to stir up a hornets nest. I am well aware of our rights. Your right the chief was out of line. If we are not careful we will lose some of those rights under this admin. I am sure that some on here have carried a gun way more than me. I was just trying to point a few things out. If you have a complaint do it the right way. Go to the next town board meeting and voice your complaint. Or write a letter to the board member that is in charge of the police. They usually have one that is in charge of the utilities, fire, police. Don't call the sheriff, he has nothing to do with it. Whats he going to chastise him, I don't think so. It does not work that way.
    Boy you can really get things going on here! lol

I just checked into the last townboard meeting (July 2nd) concerning a letter that I wrote to them on this very topic. Of course they declined to answer any of my questions. I sent copies to every board member and the LEO. NOT ONE OF THEM had the guts to answer.:dunno:

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    NE Indiana
    Thank you for the update, AndersonIN. I wondered if there was an update to this yet.

Sorry you didn't get an answer. Hopefully your next step (lawyer? whatever?) will garner you some results.

AndersonIN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 21, 2009
    Anderson, IN
    Would still love to see a OC lunch or dinner there! Anybody got the time to organize one? If so I'll be there as long as I'm not working! Only work Aug 15 so far!

1/2 shot

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 5, 2009
    State of Confusion
    All said it sounds like the chief has some Barney Fife authority issues, as far as wearing it on your hip that seems better than on the neck and shoulders where the chief's is. By the way did he just have one bullitt? :D

mallcop

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 18, 2009
    This subject of this thread is exactly what caused the town I live in to ban ALL carrying of firearms on any and all town property. Use some sense people or this will be the result.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    This subject of this thread is exactly what caused the town I live in to ban ALL carrying of firearms on any and all town property. Use some sense people or this will be the result.

Your town banned carry because your police chief wanted to make up rules that didn't exist?

That's very odd.:scratch: Which town is this?

And if by "use some sense" you mean "don't exercise your rights,"
    well... no thanks.

But welcome to INGO.:)

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green

I'd like to know which town this is?

As far as some sense... If I needed sense the Army would issue it to me!

dburkhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008

Which town would that be and what exactly was the event parallel to the OP that led to the result you describe?

mallcop

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 18, 2009
    Mostly people (Kids) with permits, running around displaying their pistols on their sides. People will not tolerate that kind of stuff. The same people after being questined about said displayed pistols getting an attitude. Results? No weapons on any town property. The police and park people will bust you if they find you in violation, they also take your gun.

Last edited:

cce1302

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Back down south
    Mostly people (Kids) with permits, running around displaying their pistols on their sides. People will not tolerate that kind of stuff.
    What?
    hmm...maybe you should check out the OC/CC threadjack thread here:
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...lf_defense/37307-common_oc_cc_threadjack.html

I'm very interested in learning whether you have anything actually constructive to say or whether you just want to snipe from the sidelines, calling people who OC "kids" and implying that those who OC don't use any sense.
    Welcome to the site, Chief Farrer.

cce1302

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Back down south
    Mostly people (Kids) with permits, running around displaying their pistols on their sides. People will not tolerate that kind of stuff. The same people after being questined about said displayed pistols getting an attitude. Results? No weapons on any town property. The police and park people will bust you if they find you in violation, they also take your gun.
    What town?

Manan

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    West Central

Can they "bust" you or just ask you to leave?

dburkhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008

Well, that's interesting speculation but that doesn't answer the question.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008

What kind of Constitution hating people elect those rights depriving jerks? How stupid does a town have to be to tolerate that kind of tyranny? Why do so-called Americans choose to strip themselves of their freedom in such a fashion?

More importantly, what gives anyone the right to question, for no reason at all, American citizens about exercising their rights? What crime are they implying has been committed, with no cause, justification, or reasonable suspicion whatsoever for their attack on a citizen's liberty? Question me, and I'll give you an attitude you won't believe, and I'm no kid. I'm a mildly decorated veteran who's paid for the right to tell you to shove your attacks on our Constition into your anal orifice, turn sideways, and twist. If someone has a problem with that, it sucks to be them.

theweakerbrother

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Bartholomew County, IN

Yea, that sounds about like something a mall cop might say. :D

mallcop

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 18, 2009
    Yea, that sounds about like something a mall cop might say. :D

Why the insult? I am a security guard/officer who has tons of training. more than most police. we got our traing all through blackcreek is sc We are the first line of defense for a shooter at our stores With my training a shooter is as good as gone at up to 100 yards since we got our new 158 grn. bullets Don't mess with our place We kick people out of our place if u show a gun do it all the time. our owner is fixing to let us carry our guns when we are working and even take them home. cant wait

Top Bottom