Insulted by Pendleton, IN Chief of Police...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Walter Zoomie

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 3, 2008
    BeechTucky
    Only thing I can think of is trying to adopt some type of ordinance kinda like Speedway has now...but that's an OC only ordinance

I chatted with a couple of Speedway cops at the track this May about that very thing.

I asked them about the Speedway ordinance which was passed in 1966 concerning concealed carry.

Neither of them had ever heard of it, and said they wouldn't enforce it.

They said as long as you have a permit, you're free to carry as you please.

So...night before the race, I did. ;)

Biggdogg

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 21, 2009
    Indianapolis/Greenwood
    Just a follow up on this issue...

I have called two different people at the City and they had no idea of any new ordinance being looked at regarding OC/CC. They then referred me to the PD. The LEO that answered the phone gave the same response and suggested that I speak with the City Atty. since he is the one who would handle all issues regarding ordinances.
    Still waiting on a return call or e-mail from the City Atty. about it, but so far it seems like Chief Farrer is the only person who knows ANYTHING about this supposed new ordinance. :dunno:

AndersonIN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 21, 2009
    Anderson, IN
    Just a follow up on this issue...

I have called two different people at the City and they had no idea of any new ordinance being looked at regarding OC/CC. They then referred me to the PD. The LEO that answered the phone gave the same response and suggested that I speak with the City Atty. since he is the one who would handle all issues regarding ordinances.
    Still waiting on a return call or e-mail from the City Atty. about it, but so far it seems like Chief Farrer is the only person who knows ANYTHING about this supposed new ordinance. :dunno:

Each member of the City Council has received a letter asking this same question and others about this situation. There next meeting is the 1st week of July and I have asked them to answer each question and email me back with the answers to where I can find the details due to release of public information acts.:patriot:

I will post there reply!:rockwoot:

Manan

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    West Central
    At the very least, write a letter to the paper, Mayor and town counsel. Everyone needs to really know who they have hired as their chief.

300sx

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 24, 2009
    ss of indy
    police officers sometime think they are better than everyone...they are people too..they dont always know the laws and i think if they are going to enforce someting they should be able to back it up...i would have asked for a writen statement or something and turned him in...

AndersonIN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 21, 2009
    Anderson, IN
    He already has it and several letters to the town board asking for details of the their prior discussions on gun control and the calls received by the police to start the initial exchange with the Chief under the freedom of information act! There next board meeting is July 2nd I believe.

Should be interesting. I'll post the response if any!

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    I've read through this whole post (at least 30 minutes for miscreant like me) and certainly don't want to agitate the manure but have yet to see the reasoning behind OC? I'm not making judgments, just trying to understand the mentality? Is it just because you can? Is it to thumb your nose at the people that don't know the law? Simple fact is that it DOES make most people nervous because they don't know the law and does intimidate people. It appears to me that you may be seting yourself up to be ask for help in a dangerous situation which could put you and anyone with you at risk because most people assume you are a LEO. Again, just MHO but you also make yourself (and anyone with you) a primary target if someone has intentions of harming others because they will either disarm you (if you are lucky) or shoot you if you aren't before proceeding with their plan. I'm not trying to agitate but would really appreciate someone explaining the logic of OC to me because other than comfort I don't see the upside.:dunno:

Beau

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Colorado
    NHT3. Completely wrong thread. There are threads dedicated to OC/CC. This seems to be a touchy subject for both sides and good threads have been killed by this argument. Thanks.

SirRealism

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    I wasn't my intent to start and argument, I was just asking a question. I apologize for my ignorance.:nailbite:

Don't take it personally. You just wouldn't believe how many threads, along lots of different topics, soon devolve into the same three basic arguments. You probably hadn't seen them yet.

barricade

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    sounds like the guy is on a serious power trip, like unfourtunatly so many po's are, that why there job title is to opress and discourage ....or is it to protect and serve.

Top Bottom