Insulted by Pendleton, IN Chief of Police...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • spartan933

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2008
    Porter County
    If he had asked politely and explained himself reasonably, I would have covered up.

But, after the wearing my dick on my hip comment, you should have asked to see his dick. Then explained that men in uniform really turn you on and that normally, you don't do this sort of thing unless it's a weekend, but asked him if he had time to get to know each other more socially.

That would have freaked him out and he would have walked away.

And, no, I am not gay, but, that would have been funny.

chasekerion4

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    The law is silent. Be careful about thinking you can show them where it is "allowed" in any law. Again, ask them to cite the code where open or concealed is even mentioned. Ask them to find it on your license. Leave the burden on them. They only think they know something. They can't support it.
    :yesway:

I keep a copy of the FAQ from the State Police website in my wallet, wrapped around my LTCH specifically for this issue.

One of those FAQ is:

Does Indiana statute require me to carry the handgun on my person concealed or exposed?

The answer:

Indiana law is silent on this issue; however, carrying an exposed weapon in public may alarm some people. <snip>

In this situation, I would have LOVED to be able to whip that out, showing the ISP web address and ask him if he'd take a moment to validate the "law" and get back with me once he confirmed with someone else that he's an idiot.

DHolder

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 25, 2009
    Mooresville - MSG2 Hub
    In th OP he had his phone in his out to call his friend. I carry my phone on my left side, so if he wants to dork me for reaching for my phone, he'd better make it worth his while. I will never again talk to a LEO without the entire conversation being recorded, I learned that the hard way, I dont trust them, just like this case, they want to manipulate the law to fit their agena. Sorry for the rant, just cover your buttocks.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    If he had asked politely and explained himself reasonably, I would have covered up.

But, after the wearing my dick on my hip comment, you should have asked to see his dick. Then explained that men in uniform really turn you on and that normally, you don't do this sort of thing unless it's a weekend, but asked him if he had time to get to know each other more socially.

That would have freaked him out and he would have walked away.

And, no, I am not gay, but, that would have been funny.

I little bit of licking your lips would go a long way here :D

1032JBT

LEO and PROUD of it.......even if others aren't
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Noblesville
    I met that paticular chief (not capatalized on purpose) a year or so ago.......was not impressed. And that is FROM a cop who met him in a room full of COPS. ehh........:dunno:

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    I've only read to the end of page 1 (40 posts) so far, but...

Ask them to cite the code.
    "blah blah"
    "blahblahblah"
    "BLAHBLAHBLAHBLAHBLAH!"

Thank them for their opinion and ask if you are free to go.

If you are not free to go, ask them to cite the code again.:rolleyes:

Rep added!

Farr: "You need to cover that firearm up."

Correct hypothetical response: "Under which law, officer?"

Dracconix,

When you say "we" went looking for him do you mean you and your family or you and your friend?

If you daughter (or any children) were within hearing range I would find the appropriate venue to file an official complaint regarding his derogatory comments and use of foul language. While you may(?) be a jerk citizen and he may(?) have the right to say anything about you that he wants (freedom of speech and all that) AS LONG AS he is wearing a LE uniform and is on duty he represents all of the people of his community. He needs to be held to a higher standard.

He needs to better understand that he is not always dealing with bad guys/girls (no sexism here:D). He has to deal with law abiding citizens who may choose to exercise their rights in a manner that he may not agree with, but he is not allowed to abuse his authority.

Just imagine how abusive someone like this might be IF he actually pulled you over for going 45 in a 40??? Holy cow!

You might also consider a letter to the editor of your local newspaper. Reread it at LEAST 10 times before sending it in.

Good luck!

Doug

Good advice a couple of places. I'm of the opinion that you lost the "moral high ground" to complain about his language in re: "wearing your d!ck on your hip" when you initiated the comment about "feeding me a line of :poop:". :dunno: I see it that if the language offends you, don't use it yourself. If it doesn't, don't bitch about it.

The other thing I wanted to say here is that the OP comes across to me as someone who holds a grudge. I don't mean that as an insult but rather say it because if you're going to write a letter to the paper, read it over at least 10 times, as advised, but also wait several days before sending it. Cool off and make sure it doesn't come across with anger. You make your points much better when you don't cloud them with emotion.

In response to the OP. As stated several times, you didn't have to cover... that is your right. That said, once you did, you probably should have left the issue alone. Going back later to disrupt his enjoyment of the fair is a two wrongs don't make a right sort of issue.

Furthermore, you said you were pretty "lit" at that point... I took this to mean that you had had a few drinks. Perhaps I'm mistaken, but if correct your re-approach could have quickly become a public-intox sort of issue.:twocents:

I thought that at first, too, but in re-reading, I think he meant "angry" when he said "lit". The thing that makes this most likely, IMHO, is the kind of cop that this Farr guy seems to be- I think it's a fair bet he would have busted the OP for public intox if he had a leg to stand on, esp. if he could do so in front of the OP's kid.

+1

Sheriff Ken would be a good person to ask.

I think so.... and he's on INGO now, too, though the question should be asked in private and once answered, suggested that he post his reply here. (that is, if he wants to post it in public, let him do so himself)

On to read more! :)

Blessings,
    Bill

POTI

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2009
    I realize this will not be a popular opinion, but I agree with the cop. Just because you can do something does not mean you should. Carry all the guns you want, but why do they need to be seen. It just seems that some people do this to get attention. I know I would not want to see guns on every hip and the fair.

I don't wanna have to listen every employee at McDonalds "which I am now boycotting" speaking mexican. But you know what it's their right if they are an American.

AndersonIN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 21, 2009
    Anderson, IN
    I realize this will not be a popular opinion, but I agree with the cop. Just because you can do something does not mean you should. Carry all the guns you want, but why do they need to be seen. It just seems that some people do this to get attention. I know I would not want to see guns on every hip and the fair.

But you see here is the point............I don't agree with the KKK but it is their right as an American citizen and the police protect it! I don't agree with the Gangsta’s but they have rights as an American citizen and the police protect it! There is a whole lot of things that I don’t “agree” with but they are within that person’s rights as an American citizen !

Why is it that the police want to intimidate and take away our/my RIGHTS as an American citizen and you agree with it?:dunno:

greyhound47

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 3, 2009
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    Marc C. Farrer

chief.jpg

I don't know about you wearing your dick on your hip, but he is wearing his on his face.....:D

Top Bottom