Insulted by Pendleton, IN Chief of Police...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • barber613

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Kokomo
    While I certainly have no distaste for freedom and am no way ashamed of my guns, I do error on the side of caution. The fewer people that know I have a gun on my person the better (in my opinion). How you (joe) came to your conclusions and statements has me scratching my head. Why would you feel the need to attack me for a simple observation, I am guessing your a beligerant ass.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    While I certainly have no distaste for freedom and am no way ashamed of my guns, I do error on the side of caution. The fewer people that know I have a gun on my person the better (in my opinion). How you (joe) came to your conclusions and statements has me scratching my head. Why would you feel the need to attack me for a simple observation, I am guessing your a beligerant ass.

I feel the need to speak out against your endorsement of police harrassment, and your supporting government harrassment of citizens exercising their rights. I find such support anti-American.

SMiller

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    Hamilton Co.
    I say f-him, sounds like a real d-head. Give Sheriff Ken a call and ask what your next move should be. If you (we) don't stand up for ourselfs it will only get worse, case in point! The job of the police is to uphold the law, not make there own, if he doesn't like the way it is HE needs to talk to his town counsel and try to get weapons banned from HIS town, as for the dick on a hip...

Last edited:

Fenway

no longer pays the bills
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2008
    behind you
    Let's keep this thread civil so we don't have to close it. Keep the language PG-13 and let's express our view points in an adult manner please.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Ask them to cite the code.
    "blah blah"
    "blahblahblah"
    "BLAHBLAHBLAHBLAHBLAH!"

Thank them for their opinion and ask if you are free to go.

If you are not free to go, ask them to cite the code again.:rolleyes:

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Dracconix,

When you say "we" went looking for him do you mean you and your family or you and your friend?

If you daughter (or any children) were within hearing range I would find the appropriate venue to file an official complaint regarding his derogatory comments and use of foul language. While you may(?) be a jerk citizen and he may(?) have the right to say anything about you that he wants (freedom of speech and all that) AS LONG AS he is wearing a LE uniform and is on duty he represents all of the people of his community. He needs to be held to a higher standard.

He needs to better understand that he is not always dealing with bad guys/girls (no sexism here:D). He has to deal with law abiding citizens who may choose to exercise their rights in a manner that he may not agree with, but he is not allowed to abuse his authority.

Just imagine how abusive someone like this might be IF he actually pulled you over for going 45 in a 40??? Holy cow!

You might also consider a letter to the editor of your local newspaper. Reread it at LEAST 10 times before sending it in.

Good luck!

Doug

ATM

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    When someone tells the cop "no thanks" when told to cover their pistol, and walks off, then I'll be impressed with your committment to your rights.

I have yet to be asked or told. I'll impress you when it happens.
    Hold your breath... that will make it more fun.:cool:

hotfarmboy1

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Madison County
    Dracconix,

When you say "we" went looking for him do you mean you and your family or you and your friend?

If you daughter (or any children) were within hearing range I would find the appropriate venue to file an official complaint regarding his derogatory comments and use of foul language. While you may(?) be a jerk citizen and he may(?) have the right to say anything about you that he wants (freedom of speech and all that) AS LONG AS he is wearing a LE uniform and is on duty he represents all of the people of his community. He needs to be held to a higher standard.

He needs to better understand that he is not always dealing with bad guys/girls (no sexism here:D). He has to deal with law abiding citizens who may choose to exercise their rights in a manner that he may not agree with, but he is not allowed to abuse his authority.

Just imagine how abusive someone like this might be IF he actually pulled you over for going 45 in a 40??? Holy cow!

You might also consider a letter to the editor of your local newspaper. Reread it at LEAST 10 times before sending it in.

Good luck!

Doug

I wasn't with him, I'm the friend he called. So he was with his family when it happened.

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Let's keep this thread civil so we don't have to close it. Keep the language PG-13 and let's express our view points in an adult manner please.

At this time I was pretty lit. We began walking around and I decided to find the "Officer" who I felt stepped on my rights. When I found him I approached him and told him that he was in fact incorrect about the law (which I already knew) and that if he kindly asked me to cover my weapon instead of feeding me a line of **** (yeah I said it) that I would have been more than happy to comply.

If he had been capable of that when speaking with the officer I doubt he would even have a topic for the thread. Instead he wanted a "sword fight" and he got one, you are never going to win that with a police officer in a public venue. At best you can hope for a disqualifying review in court or the town council meeting.

ATM

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    To the OP: I must admit, going back to find him while you were still steamed was not your best choice IMO. I would go see him when you are very calm. If his position isn't resolved to your satisfaction, take a different route. No do-overs, just a next time.

Were you partly mad at yourself for not being 100% sure when it happened?

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Much better to wait and follow up. There is always a chain of command.
    If you're right, you're right. Don't put yourself in the wrong by being belligerent.

versuchstier147

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2009
    Indiana
    He's a douche. I'd have shrugged his off, after of course pointing out that mine was bigger than his.

You're in the right. I'm behind you.

Dogman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Hamilton County
    I may have missed it, but one thing you might do to back up your complaint, if you file one with the town, is send a letter to the state police requesting information as to Indiana being a CC/OC state. Then in your letter you send to the Town Counsel, request the Chief get training as to what the laws of Indiana are since he doesn't seem to understand he can't make up his own laws.
    Reminds me of the movie Judge Dredd....I am the law!

The Spud

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 28, 2008
    Hoosier in Exile
    "blah blah"
    "blahblahblah"
    "BLAHBLAHBLAHBLAHBLAH!"

Thank them for their opinion and ask if you are free to go.

If you are not free to go, ask them to cite the code again.:rolleyes:

ATM,

That was the whole point of my post a couple of days ago; opinion vs. law.

bigus_D

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    Country Side
    In response to the OP. As stated several times, you didn't have to cover... that is your right. That said, once you did, you probably should have left the issue alone. Going back later to disrupt his enjoyment of the fair is a two wrongs don't make a right sort of issue.

Furthermore, you said you were pretty "lit" at that point... I took this to mean that you had had a few drinks. Perhaps I'm mistaken, but if correct your re-approach could have quickly become a public-intox sort of issue.:twocents:

Boilers

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I say f-him, sounds like a real d-head. Give Sheriff Ken a call and ask what your next move should be. If you (we) don't stand up for ourselfs it will only get worse, case in point! The job of the police is to uphold the law, not make there own, if he doesn't like the way it is HE needs to talk to his town counsel and try to get weapons banned from HIS town, as for the dick on a hip...

+1

Sheriff Ken would be a good person to ask.

Top Bottom