Insulted by Pendleton, IN Chief of Police...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JosephR

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    NW IN
    Fenway- No disrespect, but you mean "G" because even the "F" word can show up in PG-13 and (correct me if I'm wrong) PG movies.

That is beside the point.

Have we asked where this fair was? Was it on the property of the town hall or school perhaps? I doubt it but I haven't seen anyone ask so I will.

I'm still fishing for that Lake County "sheriff" who pulled me over last friday. I'd like to run into him again.

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    I was thinking the same thing, though it would be a moot point because the Cheif would still have been incorrect. If firearms were not allowed on that property then he was incorrect for not making the OP leave. Either situation ends with the Chief being wrong.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Have we asked where this fair was? Was it on the property of the town hall or school perhaps? I doubt it but I haven't seen anyone ask so I will.

...the fair is held at Falls Park a public park in Pendleton.

And I can't think of a place in Indiana where it would be legal to CC but not OC.:dunno:

(I know the opposite is true but not enforced in Speedway.)

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Hum... this is the 2nd thread of LEOs pushing their agenda on OC.
    Perhaps we can come up with a 1 page flyer that states the actual indiana law that allows OC/CC and phone numbers to the IN state police that we can carry and give to the LEO when they attempt to push their weight around.

If the LEO wont take it at least have a place on the flyer where you (the reader) can take down personal info about the event

- LEO name or badge number
    - department
    - date

so that you can then file a formal complaint about this and have some type of proof and notes on your incident

Biggdogg

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 21, 2009
    Indianapolis/Greenwood
    IF you have done your homework, and IF you know that you are in the right in this instance, I would go to the next City Council meeting and say your peace there.
    Be knowledgable about your own Town/City rules and ordinances regarding this matter and present your information in front of the Council members. All the minutes from those meetings are public record and once the Council is made aware of it, they can handle the matter from there. :twocents:

2ADMNLOVER

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 13, 2009
    West side Indy
    Hum... this is the 2nd thread of LEOs pushing their agenda on OC.
    Perhaps we can come up with a 1 page flyer that states the actual indiana law that allows OC/CC and phone numbers to the IN state police that we can carry and give to the LEO when they attempt to push their weight around.

If the LEO wont take it at least have a place on the flyer where you (the reader) can take down personal info about the event

- LEO name or badge number
    - department
    - date

so that you can then file a formal complaint about this and have some type of proof and notes on your incident

DING , DING , DING !!!! This idea sounds like a winner !

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    The law is silent. Be careful about thinking you can show them where it is "allowed" in any law. Again, ask them to cite the code where open or concealed is even mentioned. Ask them to find it on your license. Leave the burden on them. They only think they know something. They can't support it.

Biggdogg

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 21, 2009
    Indianapolis/Greenwood
    The law is silent. Be careful about thinking you can show them where it is "allowed" in any law. Again, ask them to cite the code where open or concealed is even mentioned. Ask them to find it on your license. Leave the burden on them. They only think they know something. They can't support it.

This is a good point...:yesway:

2ADMNLOVER

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 13, 2009
    West side Indy

Yea , that's probably a better response than publicly ridiculing them .

Marc

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2008
    District 6
    i would have told him "thanks for the suggestion" i will take into consideration. had the same incident with a greenfield cop and told him the same thing. did i cover it up after we exchanged words... no i didnt. its simple when they try to tell you bogus crap just chuckle and walk away (for some people it maybe the wrong way but when i get treated disrespectfully by a cop he gets in return, nof if its something i have done wrong and i know it i will take the heat). as much as i respect the uniform and the men and women in it. alot of them are the highschool bullies that graduated and couldnt boos them around anymore so what did they do... become a cop

cce1302

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Back down south
    I've run into some real characters in stores. I was buying a couple of the few remaining boxes of Blazer Brass .40 the other night ($12.97 a box....F the price gougers, yeah! :):) at the local Wally World, and was approached by the security guard. He asked me if I would like to buy an XD 45 for $450. I told him that I wasn't interested. (People actually carry those things?) I got to talking with him, and he said that he used to carry the XD in the Marines. He proceeded to inform me that the Marines had switched to the XD 45, unlike the Army, which is still using the Glock 9mm. He also asked me about how to legally sell his pistol, since it is registered to him.

should've egged him on more and told him you believe it. Then tell him you could deregister the gun, but it'd cost $300, and that stupid old plastic thing is only worth $350, so here's fifty bucks to take it off your hands.

DHolder

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 25, 2009
    Mooresville - MSG2 Hub
    Next time someone gets into a disagreement with the popo, get your phone out,and record your conversation. I'm NOT saying all LEO,s have the ability to smudge the truth, but, I did have one do it to me.
    Use the recorder on your phone to get EXACTLY what was said, your side and his, Even better get near his squad car so his camera can pick up any body language they throw at you.
    If you are arguing about the CC/OC, tell them their job is "Law Enforcement", not maker upper as we go'er. Either enforce the law as written or leave it alone! :twocents:

Ness2k

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 26, 2008
    China ^_^
    Wow, that's helpful. :):

Of all the OC chest-thumpers on this board, I've yet to see anyone post a story about how a cop told them to cover up, and they refused to do so. I see a lot of anonymous ranting on a message board. Lots of good that will do. When someone tells the cop "no thanks" when told to cover their pistol, and walks off, then I'll be impressed with your committment to your rights. Otherwise, it's all just pissing in the wind.

I'm part of the "younger crowd", and if I'm ever harassed about OCing, I'll pull out the cell phone and make a video of it just for you!

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I can't imagine any LEO, upon approaching an armed citizen, is going to allow them to reach into their pocket and pull something out without being given specific instructions. You think you're going to get your phone or pocket recorder out during that confrontation?

Boilers

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    That's why you need one of these

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zj504bqDKek"]YouTube - What Is The Spy Pen Digital Video Recorder?[/ame]

Sample video

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-VTc2sf98MU[/ame]

Ness2k

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 26, 2008
    China ^_^
    I can't imagine any LEO, upon approaching an armed citizen, is going to allow them to reach into their pocket and pull something out without being given specific instructions. You think you're going to get your phone or pocket recorder out during that confrontation?

I carry my phone in my front right pocket. If I'm not being detained or arrested, what's it matter what I do?

I certainly don't understand the bow down and obey mentality so many people have towards LEO. They're not the law, and if they approach you on a subject like this where there isn't even a fine line, there's not need to be apprehensive about your actions.

"Sorry officer, the law does not prohibit me from open carrying my weapons. Thank you for your opinion and have a nice day."

So many choke on those words.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    If I'm not being detained or arrested, what's it matter what I do?

I think Scutter is providing helpful advice to keep you from being bounced off the pavement and Dutch piled. I can speak from experience. You don't know cop anger until you have been hit by GIMP spit.:D

"Sorry officer, the law does not prohibit me from open carrying my weapons. Thank you for your opinion and have a nice day."

Well, I'd suggest "Am I free to go?" first.

Top Bottom