• ...and so much more!
  • Redtbird

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Apr 18, 2012
    Monroe County
    Selling out?

As I take stock of the current price craziness seen on GB and in the media, what I haven't witnessed is any explicit gouging on the INGO WTS boards for long guns (not many ARs listed). I'm wondering whether this is because INGO members are 'keepers' (not traders), or have an expectation that prices will continue to rise so don't sell now. I like to think that perhaps our community doesn't want to exploit other members...

Your thoughts?

My :twocents::twocents:

I too, have seen certain rifles up for sale at inflated prices and could only shake my head. :rolleyes:

Some of the people commenting in this thread say they buy to keep. This describes me. I have only one AR, and I just received it in early November. Due to weather and distance, I've been to the range just one time. :(

I did play with some numbers, just to see what might be. Adding the rifle, some 1200 rounds of ammo and 24 mags, I figure I could have put the package out there for $5,000, realistically. And, someone probably would have bought it. :D

But then, I wouldn't have my only AR, ammo, and mags, and would have had to start all over in a few months. And who know for sure, ARs may not be available then. :ar15:

So yes, I bought it to keep. That $5K sounded good, but look what I would be giving up. :)

Now if the weather would warm up...

Laughing Snake

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    SW Indy
    I really don't want to try to price gouge other members on this forum mainly because we're all local and Hoosiers. I am mostly a keeper though. By the time I'm done putting energy into researching prices and brands and comparing and stashing the money and everything else, I don't want to get rid of what I buy.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    I sold a PSA flat top for what I had in it this week and kinda felt bad for not losin' money on it.:rolleyes:

If it had been a week before the CT shooting I'da had 6 guys trying to beat me down to $500. Daggoned bunch of cheapskates.:dunno:

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    As I take stock of the current price craziness seen on GB and in the media, what I haven't witnessed is any explicit gouging on the INGO WTS boards for long guns (not many ARs listed). I'm wondering whether this is because INGO members are 'keepers' (not traders), or have an expectation that prices will continue to rise so don't sell now. I like to think that perhaps our community doesn't want to exploit other members...

Your thoughts?

You have NOT been looking.

There is an AK listed for $1500 now. I just bought one for $499

There have been several threads with offers to sell Pmags for $35 to nearly $50 each. AK mags for $30+ each.

jbell_64

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 11, 2011
    Mitchell
    I guess if I had several AR, AK, SKS rifles I'd probably throw a few up for auction and make me some hysteria money. If people are willing to pay it, then so be it. However, I buy guns and accessories that I feel I need (OK and a few I want) and those will stay with me until my needs/wants change. The only gun I ever got rid of was in a trade where I got rid of a rifle I couldn't use much when I moved here (.270 cal rifle) for one that I could use here (Benelli Montefeltro). I'm not opposed to people making money as long as they don't mind some ridicule from others for doing so.

dubsac

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    Indianapolis
    If you want to get a laugh the real gems are in the Part and Accessory section. 60 pmags, stripped lowers for glocks, 5 pmags for stripped lower. If only I could make a comment on those but that would be against the :rules:. I can understand the frenzy and are seeing lowers go for as much as complete AR's on GB like so
    NOVESKE GEN II Stripped Lower Receiver - NEW : Semi Auto Rifles at GunBroker.com

but me personally will just sit back and watch how this all plays out. Id rather spend my money on NFA items anyways :D

Dr.Midnight

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Monroe County
    INGO members, for the most part, seem to be pretty level headed folks. I'm not an AR guy, but I have kept my eye on the handguns section of the classifieds. I was wondering if people out there were going to panic and liquidate some of their handguns so they could buy all of the black rifles they could get their hands on. From my vantage point, this hasn't happened at all.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy

Your thoughts?
    Not sure which classifieds you're looking at... There are 9 AR or AR-related ads on the first page alone. If you throw in AK's, High Point carbines and Saiga shotguns, it goes up to 15... :dunno: I was just thinking that I mostly see ARs and AR-related ads now...

LarryC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 18, 2012
    Frankfort
    Sell - Sell one of my guns - not going to happen! I collect and keep and keep. If I needed the money I wouldn't have bought. Been buying for well over 20 years. I did think I might want to build an Ar sometime so bought a couple of stripped RR lowers and a RR lower kit. Thought I might assemble a Bushmaster 450 and maybe a 5.56 (though I'm not really fond of the round - like the bigger bores), bought one well before the shooting, one right after. Now don't know when or if I will find the parts at a reasonable price to finish them. Oh well, not like I don't have a few other firearms to spend time with. I really don't worry about pricing things for what people want or think they may get. It's really no skin off anyone's nose. Market price is market price, not like there are not other very effective firearms people can purchase. I do regret the cause of the price increase, both the shooting episode and the bastard politicians that exploited the tragedy for their own political agenda, to restrict the 2nd amendment. However our free capitalist society allows this pricing, sure hope it always will. It works both ways, some have purchased firearms at high prices that didn't remain in favor and lost money when selling. Do I like to be gouged when buying? Nope, but the only people that can do it to me are those that sell items that I cannot do without and that have no competition - these include items like gasoline, electric and gas utilities for my home, and some other things like taxes and insurance. When it comes to AR's, AK's, certain HC magazines, and 5.56 ammo, I have a whole lot of other choices - so will wait until I think the prices are in line with what I am willing to spend. I have plenty of other "wants". (Still looking for a $2500 full auto MA DUECE).

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I think it's a good education. Lets you know about INGOers you might be dealing with in the future. In the classifieds, on the rest of the forum, on the range...

BluePig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 10, 2012
    Middlebury
    Wrote a long reply. Heck with it. This is about the 3rd or 4th frenzy I've been thru. It will pass.
    This is exactly what I would say.
    Saw the same stuff happen years ago, only difference is because of the Internet, prices are shooting up much quicker than before.
    I think I learned my lessons years ago and have not participated in this episode.

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    I think it's a good education. Lets you know about INGOers you might be dealing with in the future. In the classifieds, on the rest of the forum, on the range...

+1, I had a deal working and it was Pulled to be put on Gun Broker for more Cash and it wasn't even an evil black gun :rolleyes:
    As normal, it seems to be the newer members or the low post counters who are here to sell cause they just love guns :noway:
    I'm following the above sage advice but have included LGS, Internet Resellers and Private concerns to my Ignore List. Supply will Return and when it does, the Dick's of the Gun World will want & need OUR Business :patriot:

dbrier

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 17, 2008
    Indianapolis IN
    This is exactly what I would say.
    Saw the same stuff happen years ago, only difference is because of the Internet, prices are shooting up much quicker than before.
    I think I learned my lessons years ago and have not participated in this episode.
    I think the demand is higher this time for other reasons than in previous panic times.
    Our country is fascinated by the "apocalypse." Look at all the doomsday preppers and shows about them, the fascination with the Mayan end of the world, and the zombie fad.
    The political partisanship is at an all time high with confidence in the government at an all time low. We have half the country hating the other half over issues and a government that has stopped looking out for citizens and is more concerned with their own gain. (Both parties are guilty).

Top Bottom