• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Solitaire

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 8, 2012
    Indy
    It's a concept called "Karma". It actually comes from Eastern Philosphy but has been adopted in parts of Western Culture. It doesn't involve "getting money back" which is a concept of the recent retail culture.

We have the concept (roughly) in Western/Judeo/Christian culture which is "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you", the concept being if you treat others well you in turn will be treated well by others.

If someone is an Atheist (Blessed be their Saints Richard Dawkins, Christopher Hitchens, and Charles Darwin..Amen) and believes that they themselves are the highest power that exists, i.e. they look in the mirror and think, "This is it. This is as far as evolution goes" then they will have a very difficult time understanding the concept of "someone looking out for them."

I hope this helps you understand the gist of the story. It is sometimes summed up by the phrase "Karma's a *****, ain't it?" in less philosophical circles.

Oh, I know all about people looking out for me. This may shock you, but I understand concepts like family, loyalty, trust, etc without any help from the spirit world. I also understand the idea of karma, although frankly, I doubt that any supposed higher power would concern himself with the fair market value of used firearms and induce myocardial infarction on those who unfairly profit. I have to wonder what starving kids in Africa did to earn their karma.

Don't waste your time with him, Rick. He probably trampled three old ladies and a baby trying to get to his computer to refute a spiritual comment.:):

No, but I damn near tripped over my Neil DeGrasse Tyson statue and knocked over my bin full of markers that I use to mark out "In God We Trust" on all of my dollar bills.

:D

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    No, but I damn near tripped over my Neil DeGrasse Tyson statue and knocked over my bin full of markers that I use to mark out "In God We Trust" on all of my dollar bills.

:D

You might want to refrain from admitting to a federal crime on a forum that is surely monitored by Homeland Security...

Karma might not get you, but some guys in black suburbans just might. :tinfoil:

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    LMAO, this all is funny, pure funny. :D

Yes, I am a seller/trader/trash, etc... I shoot something, I don't like it, I trade it or sell it. I have probably contributed more firearms to the community than some store. I never, EVER lowball people. Ever. I hate asking, "Wut's yer best pryce?" because it makes me sound like a hillbilly. I pay what I think is fair. Not fair? Not paying, simple as that. I abhor the hilljacks that say, "Well, I kan unly put tree-fiddy into it" when I am asking 440 for a Glock. Not going to happen. Why? Cause that inbred hick will then try to sell it to a "friend" or similar drinking buddy for $500 and tout himself "King of Guns".

I come across good deals frequently. Why? 'Cause I put in the face time at the shops and forums. Do I actively look for lowpriced stuff to flip? Not really. I look for stuff that I want and if I end up not liking it, then it's gone. I have core firearms that will never leave, despite common perceptions of me. That and there is the "Some men like to watch the world burn" thing that appeals to me.

I bought a bunch of AR mags a while ago, 2 years or so, for 1.99 each. Slightly used, but in good condition. I sold a whole mess of them, few at a time (10 or so in a bunch) for 12 bucks each. OMG, what a gouger!! Supply and demand. If somebody is foolish enough to pay what I ask, then more power to them. Am I gouging them? There will be some that say no, some that will vehemetely say yes and a majority of them that will go 'meh'. I put it purposefully on Hoosier Topics. Yes, that's right. One of the hotbeds for ignorance, scammers and fearmongering in the firearms realm. Did I do that to make some bucks? Oh yes. Did I ask 20 bucks per mag? No.

Gouging? Want gouging? How about: I have the last loaf of bread. I bought it for 2 bucks. I split it in half (enough to run me for a few days) and want to sell the other half to others for profit. People need this bread to live, to feed their families. I begin bidding, likely at gunpoint, and keep going up and up. $50, no $1000 for this last bread. I control the supply, I control the price, I control the entirity of this life vital material. THAT's gouging. The ignorance in pricing you see on the boards? Fear. Fear, pure and simple, bourne from our rage against each other and willingness to corrupt our beliefs for money. I had a guy tell me to go &^%* myself when I told him to write his congressperson in '08 during the panic there after he bought something. After that one man's words, I am willing to watch the online community burn and willing to profiteer off fear. Why? Because one can. Because that while Hell is a special place for people like me, I have a long time to go before I see the inferno's grim tyrant and there are bills to pay, things I like, indulgences that must be sated. Fear and prudence are two edges of a sword called investment. Which side are you on? Which side are you invested in?

reesez

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 25, 2012
    Chevyville
    as a new member,l i must say this price gouging is pissing me off. i hope to god that this ban gets shot down. that way i can buy a few things lol. still dont have an ar, would like a mini 30, and some more sks's. sold my paratrooper and now the cheapest sks's are being priced at 450-700. ridiculous. under 1000 dollar ar's priced at 1200-2500. bs.

irishfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    in your head
    I used to think it was wrong to sell stuff for jacked up prices but now I figure if people are dumb enough to pay it then why not? It is a choice THEY make to buy or not to buy an item. The stuff I sell is things I bought because I just thought I wanted it and changed my mind however the least expensive things I have will never be sold ironically. They were my first rifles and will be kept forever.

Solitaire

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 8, 2012
    Indy
    You might want to refrain from admitting to a federal crime on a forum that is surely monitored by Homeland Security...

Karma might not get you, but some guys in black suburbans just might. :tinfoil:

Oooh, I'm shaking in my boots. You know what? I also walked on the grass in defiance of the signage on the state capital grounds, carried a handgun at the fairgrounds during the Indiana State Fair, tore the tag off of my mattress, sped through a school zone while texting, wrote "Once Upon A Time" on the first page of a bible in the nightstand drawer of a Holiday Inn Express in Little Rock, Arkansas, and am the second shooter on the grassy knoll.

While you've got your Fed friends on the phone, tell them to bring a pizza with them. Sausage, bacon and green peppers, hand tossed, extra cheese. And breadsticks. With cheese.

Just remember.

Snitches_zps1eb99d8f.jpg

:)

BGDave

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    207   0   0
    Sep 15, 2011
    Beech Grove
    Tilda Swinton

LMAO, this all is funny, pure funny. :D

Yes, I am a seller/trader/trash, etc... I shoot something, I don't like it, I trade it or sell it. I have probably contributed more firearms to the community than some store. I never, EVER lowball people. Ever. I hate asking, "Wut's yer best pryce?" because it makes me sound like a hillbilly. I pay what I think is fair. Not fair? Not paying, simple as that. I abhor the hilljacks that say, "Well, I kan unly put tree-fiddy into it" when I am asking 440 for a Glock. Not going to happen. Why? Cause that inbred hick will then try to sell it to a "friend" or similar drinking buddy for $500 and tout himself "King of Guns".

I come across good deals frequently. Why? 'Cause I put in the face time at the shops and forums. Do I actively look for lowpriced stuff to flip? Not really. I look for stuff that I want and if I end up not liking it, then it's gone. I have core firearms that will never leave, despite common perceptions of me. That and there is the "Some men like to watch the world burn" thing that appeals to me.

I bought a bunch of AR mags a while ago, 2 years or so, for 1.99 each. Slightly used, but in good condition. I sold a whole mess of them, few at a time (10 or so in a bunch) for 12 bucks each. OMG, what a gouger!! Supply and demand. If somebody is foolish enough to pay what I ask, then more power to them. Am I gouging them? There will be some that say no, some that will vehemetely say yes and a majority of them that will go 'meh'. I put it purposefully on Hoosier Topics. Yes, that's right. One of the hotbeds for ignorance, scammers and fearmongering in the firearms realm. Did I do that to make some bucks? Oh yes. Did I ask 20 bucks per mag? No.

Gouging? Want gouging? How about: I have the last loaf of bread. I bought it for 2 bucks. I split it in half (enough to run me for a few days) and want to sell the other half to others for profit. People need this bread to live, to feed their families. I begin bidding, likely at gunpoint, and keep going up and up. $50, no $1000 for this last bread. I control the supply, I control the price, I control the entirity of this life vital material. THAT's gouging. The ignorance in pricing you see on the boards? Fear. Fear, pure and simple, bourne from our rage against each other and willingness to corrupt our beliefs for money. I had a guy tell me to go &^%* myself when I told him to write his congressperson in '08 during the panic there after he bought something. After that one man's words, I am willing to watch the online community burn and willing to profiteer off fear. Why? Because one can. Because that while Hell is a special place for people like me, I have a long time to go before I see the inferno's grim tyrant and there are bills to pay, things I like, indulgences that must be sated. Fear and prudence are two edges of a sword called investment. Which side are you on? Which side are you invested in?
    Just talked to Tilda on the phone, we both like the way you think. You'd think some of these guys are great humanitarians. I'm never concerned about the second market for anything I sell or trade. I thought it was a fair deal or I would not have done it.

BGDave

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    207   0   0
    Sep 15, 2011
    Beech Grove
    Oooh, I'm shaking in my boots. You know what? I also walked on the grass in defiance of the signage on the state capital grounds, carried a handgun at the fairgrounds during the Indiana State Fair, tore the tag off of my mattress, sped through a school zone while texting, wrote "Once Upon A Time" on the first page of a bible in the nightstand drawer of a Holiday Inn Express in Little Rock, Arkansas, and am the second shooter on the grassy knoll.

While you've got your Fed friends on the phone, tell them to bring a pizza with them. Sausage, bacon and green peppers, hand tossed, extra cheese. And breadsticks. With cheese.

Just remember.

Snitches_zps1eb99d8f.jpg

:)
    This is the very reason I believe in corporal punishment.

indyk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    Alpha site
    Im going to sell my psl to someone and turn around and buy my TIGER!! in 308 or 54r:laugh::laugh:

Just kiddn :patriot:

bet i could...i have a psl for sale 4000.00$.

Last edited:

EvilBlackGun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   1
    Apr 11, 2011
    Mid-eastern
    It is the same as, "Why do you climb the mountain?:

Oh, I know all about people looking out for me. This may shock you, but I understand concepts like family, D
    {these are our family}=====> "I have to wonder what starving kids in Africa did to earn their karma." They are there because they are there, like the mountain. Can you change the mountain? Should you try? My folks left there to come here. We were indentured slaves to a French South Carolina land-owner, "Paitonne" until we up-rose, killed him, and hit the Appalachian mountains. Been 'Shiners ever since. Karma is often 180 proof.

EvilBlackGun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   1
    Apr 11, 2011
    Mid-eastern
    Totally legal for you, if you can drive to ....

.... Kalamazoo, MI for transfer. But the price is $25,000, ALL GENNIE, refurb plate, with tripod. No trades. I want it, too.
    Sell - Sell one of my guns - not going to happen! I have plenty of other "wants". <snip> (Still looking for a $2500 full auto MA DUECE).

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    Just talked to Tilda on the phone, we both like the way you think. You'd think some of these guys are great humanitarians. I'm never concerned about the second market for anything I sell or trade. I thought it was a fair deal or I would not have done it.

Tilda Swinton plays a heartless, souless, well, awesome woman. She and I are finding more and more in common... :D

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008

TheNewGuy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 26, 2012
    The price gouging is ridiculous everywhere else......unconverted Saiga 12s going for 1000+........when they retail for 650..........thats y I joined this forum......I haven't seen that type of gouging

Top Bottom