• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cru

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2010
    Noblesville, IN
    I told the officer our whole point was to demonstrate that we have the RIGHT to carry openly and legally. When I said this it was obvious he was dazed and didn't care what I was saying.

He asked IM if he'd ever been shot at before... so... That's apparently relevant somehow.

RelicHound

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2009
    SW IN
    OMG! :xmad: I'm SOOOO Sorry I couldn't be there. I thought the day couldn't get any worse then I find out not only did they boot your from City Market, but also that ATF was cuffed!?!?! :facepalm: That's just effed up. Two big OC events downtown and they have to cuff you guys. It seems our job of informing is not done....

I'm proud of you guys and I'm glad things worked out in the end. I'm sorry I couldn't be there. Would have been much better than finding out what I did today. Either way, good job, and next time we're going big.

Good thing you wasn't there! With all the commotion going on someone could of stepped on you!

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    Disregarding anything goofy the cops may have done, look at it from their point of view: you guys were OC across from the county government building, where everyone through the door is rigorously disarmed. It's also the seat of county government, which IMPD de facto guards (they outnumber the MCSD deputies in the building). If a cop or security officer saw you guys it was "instant adrenaline rush" OMG! Someone is going to attack the CCB! Also, don't forget we're at a rather high state of alert for terror incidents. Adrenaline rush + unusual event + constant terror threat surveillance = high state of excitement - rational thought = conditioned reflex (go out there and arrest them).

I'm not saying you all were wrong in doing what you did; just that you probably should have expected such a reaction.

Cru

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2010
    Noblesville, IN
    Disregarding anything goofy the cops may have done, look at it from their point of view: you guys were OC across from the county government building, where everyone through the door is rigorously disarmed. It's also the seat of county government, which IMPD de facto guards (they outnumber the MCSD deputies in the building). If a cop or security officer saw you guys it was "instant adrenaline rush" OMG! Someone is going to attack the CCB! Also, don't forget we're at a rather high state of alert for terror incidents. Adrenaline rush + unusual event + constant terror threat surveillance = high state of excitement - rational thought = conditioned reflex (go out there and arrest them).

I'm not saying you all were wrong in doing what you did; just that you probably should have expected such a reaction.

My only counter-point to this is they told us to stand CLOSER to the city/county building. We were in the city market tables area, they told us to go stand on the sidewalk NEAR the govt. building.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    My only counter-point to this is they told us to stand CLOSER to the city/county building. We were in the city market tables area, they told us to go stand on the sidewalk NEAR the govt. building.

My point is that they HAD to investigate you, legal or not, and they probably reverted to reflex - which is dealing with dirtbags, not legally-carrying citizens. Wouldn't matter to them if you were in the lobby of the CCB, as long as they felt they were "handling" the situation.

ATF Consumer

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    South Side Indy
    My point is that they HAD to investigate you, legal or not, and they probably reverted to reflex - which is dealing with dirtbags, not legally-carrying citizens. Wouldn't matter to them if you were in the lobby of the CCB, as long as they felt they were "handling" the situation.

Oh, they handled it alright...COMPLETELY WRONG!!!:xmad:

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Yea, but they had no right to disarm anyone once valid LTCHs were produced. And they cuffed ATF for doing what's right. That's not to be expected.

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN

I'm sorry, but all I see is revved up cops falling for their own poor self control and knowledge of the law.

Does anyone else remember the saying about trading liberty for safety?

Conditioned reflex? From the description, all I saw were unprofessional cops trying to pull law thumping on citizens. Its not about the city county building. They asked someone to disarm arbitrarily, they refused as it was not a constitutional (state OR federal) requirement. Officer Hard-butt decided he didn't like this person who pays HIS salary practicing his rights and detained him. A conditioned reflex, so called, would have likely involved interrogation regarding potential terrorist activities, not questioning someone's right to lawfully bear arms.

Not saying your arguement is wrong, but given the description of the events, I would say closer to abuse of power, rather than effective peace keeping. :twocents:

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    What the HELL does this have to do with anything?

Good question. Sounds like IMPD was trying to harrass and intimidate American citizens for exercising their rights, and we can expect more of it.

Since they are so curious, perhaps it's time to have an OC event on the sidewalk in front of their police station so they can be better informed.

RelicHound

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2009
    SW IN
    The question was asked in a more condescending way than anything... like "you guys think guns are all for fun and games, but you have no idea what it's like to be shot at" type of thing.

Did you inform him of your rank on COD? That would of shut him up!:D

sj kahr k40

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    Man I wished I was there when he asked IM if he'd ever been shot at, I could have said yes, do you want to talk to the guy that almost shot me, he's working in the CCB

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jojo99
    Top Bottom