• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    Too bad this was on a Monday. I'd like to attend one of these. With my AK slung. But sadly, like so many others, making statements often has to take a back seat to paying bills.

Kudos to all who showed up.

patton487

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2010
    I wonder if this is newsworthy enough to make on the evening news broadcast?
    Maybe those who participated could offer to be interviewed?

That would get the whole city talking and maybe change some IMPD policy. :twocents:

sj kahr k40

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    I think everyone that was detained should go as a group, and make sure you mention that ATF still had a gun in easy reach even when cuffed.

wag1911

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 25, 2008
    Indianapolis
    And I saw 8 IMPD officers when I took a stroll thru the city market, not one said a word about it, +1 to the Impd officers that know the law

Exactly, plenty know the laws that they are sent out to enforce.

The minority that have their heads up their posteriors do the department and the citizenry a disservice though. It doesn't help to have a Superintendent (Frank Staub) who would like to see us all disarmed either.

henktermaat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    You know what they say about assuming. I was not one of the officers involved. I don't work that district or that shift, and I was asleep when all the fun was being had.

We all wished you could have been there... I might have heard ATF Consumer say "I wish Frank were cuffing me right now" and such. But we figured you were too busy rescuing kids from burning cars. :): :ingo:

Last edited:

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    We all wished you could have been there... I might have heard ATM say "I wish Frank were cuffing me right now" and such. But we figured you were too busy rescuing kids from burning cars. :): :ingo:

I've never rescued a kid from a burning car, but I do like to dress up like a firefighter from time to time.

I talked to IndyMonkey about going, but I never committed to it. I was sure there was going to be some kind of police/OCer interaction due to the fact that this event wasn't advertised like the last two were, and I chose to stay home instead of getting involved. I would have definitely talked to the officers and helped explain to them that the event was completely legal, but I'm not so sure I wouldn't have been in the chief's office to answer questions about why I was participating.

Personally I think that had IndyMonkey not shown up with the MP5 you guys wouldn't have had any problems whatsoever. Being right across the street from police headquarters it is common to see plainclothes officers OCing. Some will wear a badge on their belt, some won't. I personally wear a shirt/tie/dress pants when I go to court and I have never had anyone in or around the city market challenge me while I am OCing. Most people aren't used to seeing someone with what Hollywood teaches them is a full-auto weapon just walking around. I know the first time I ever saw an OCer in Walmart I was a little freaked out, even though I knew it was legal. I had never seen a non-LEO doing it and so I wasn't used to it. Now that I am used to it and see it on a regular basis, I don't think about it anymore.

Cru

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2010
    Noblesville, IN
    Personally I think that had IndyMonkey not shown up with the MP5 you guys wouldn't have had any problems whatsoever. Being right across the street from police headquarters it is common to see plainclothes officers OCing. Some will wear a badge on their belt, some won't. I personally wear a shirt/tie/dress pants when I go to court and I have never had anyone in or around the city market challenge me while I am OCing. Most people aren't used to seeing someone with what Hollywood teaches them is a full-auto weapon just walking around. I know the first time I ever saw an OCer in Walmart I was a little freaked out, even though I knew it was legal. I had never seen a non-LEO doing it and so I wasn't used to it. Now that I am used to it and see it on a regular basis, I don't think about it anymore.

:yesway:

There were SEVERAL IMPD officers around the circle that did not give us any trouble at all. The city market ones were where there was hassle.

I tried to explain to one officer that the reason we all wanted to OC was to make it a more common sight since it's legal, and so that people (LEO included) would not freak out at the sight of it. He seemed to be looking past me to something else more interesting though.

Top Bottom