• ...and so much more!
  • printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    While cuffed, I could have easily reached into my back pocket and presented my loaded Ruger LCP, but I thought I'd just keep that to myself...;)

IndyStar article:

Handcuffed man shot by police while reaching for a gun.

{in before someone posts that you are doing this for the attention} :rolleyes:

sj kahr k40

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    After lunch and a walk down to the circle to hear the Colts rally, I went to Just Cookies inside the City Market to get a cookie and drink, I walked all over the market and not one of the LEO's I saw said a word about my OCed handgun, I missed all the excitement as I was running late.

sj kahr k40

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    Before we forget and get wrapped up in the city market deal (the exciting part) let's not forget to mention that the 6 of us that walked around the circle during the "pep rally" were not hassled at all. There were a few police walking around (and a couple on Golf carts) and they walked or rode past with no incident.

I did notice a few IMPD officers giving us a good look see but no overreaction.

Cru

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2010
    Noblesville, IN
    I did notice a few IMPD officers giving us a good look see but no overreaction.

Agreed. I'm fine with looks. Looks do not bother me at all. That's why I wanted to mention it. Some of the IMPD did a fine job (the ones after lunch) the ones before... I'd call the one "Overzealous" maybe...

Cru

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2010
    Noblesville, IN
    this video is not that good, but it gives an idea of the scene...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rs7NgipHjzE]YouTube - INGO event[/ame]

henktermaat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    When I walked up, also OCing, they gave me a look and at that point they did not even bother disarming me like everyone else. The older, more reasonable cop just looked at my gun and said "how many more of you are there?"

Oh, and we also ran into a random guy on the street wearing an INGO hat! He stopped and we had a nice chat.

OEF5

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2010
    Mooresville
    you should have told them that when wearing such high speed low drag gear as TAD it's pretty much mandatory you carry badass weapons.

Glad to see that the flag patch got changed around! I didn't mean to come off sounding like an a$$ but oh well!

Can't belive I didn't see this, I could have come to the market for lunch however I would not have been able to carry...

Uhh I don't bring my weapons to the government center when I work.

And IM and ATF going to get you all some rep when I spread it some more. Awesome job guys.

Cru

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2010
    Noblesville, IN
    OH YEAH! What about the officer that told Wag (I think it was Wag1911) that he had to put the hammer down on his 1911...

Wag tried to explain how doing that was less safe than just leaving it alone but the officer wasn't having any of that.

henktermaat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    OH YEAH! What about the officer that told Wag (I think it was Wag1911) that he had to put the hammer down on his 1911...

Wag tried to explain how doing that was less safe than just leaving it alone but the officer wasn't having any of that.

Yes - logic and "safety" had no place there, only power and "I tell YOU what to do"

SirRealism walked around with his slide locked back the rest of the time because he didn't want to even cause the remotest opportunity for an ND.

SirRealism

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Yes - logic and "safety" had no place there, only power and "I tell YOU what to do"

SirRealism walked around with his slide locked back the rest of the time because he didn't want to even cause the remotest opportunity for an ND.

Yeah, unloading and loading weapons in public areas is something I usually avoid.

SirRealism

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    That's the big question-did, or did City Mkt. management not, call the fuzz?... and was there a stated policy prior to today?
    SirRealism can answer this...

I'll follow up on this and let you know what I find. I want to see IndyMonkey's video to help me remember exactly what they said.

There are a great many places that request might have come from. I know a couple people there at the Market, but I definitely don't have all the facts.

Any lawyer want to chime in on the legality of telling us to skeedaddle based on the property mgmt's request... if the property mgmt didn't actually request it?

wag1911

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 25, 2008
    Indianapolis
    When I walked up, also OCing, they gave me a look and at that point they did not even bother disarming me like everyone else. The older, more reasonable cop just looked at my gun and said "how many more of you are there?"

Oh, and we also ran into a random guy on the street wearing an INGO hat! He stopped and we had a nice chat.

Pretty much the same here but he made a comment about my pistol being cocked (and on safe).

Wish I had caught the incident with ATF being cuffed but I showed up just a few minutes after. After listening to the guys talk and talking to the cops that were there, its pretty evident this had little to do with public safety and much to do with the police trying to establish supremacy (aka intimidatation; IMPD Officer Hightower). Given that we were all legally carrying it wasn't necessary and it just serves to promote distrust been citizens and the police. :noway: I think we need to further educate.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    OMG! :xmad: I'm SOOOO Sorry I couldn't be there. I thought the day couldn't get any worse then I find out not only did they boot your from City Market, but also that ATF was cuffed!?!?! :facepalm: That's just effed up. Two big OC events downtown and they have to cuff you guys. It seems our job of informing is not done....

I'm proud of you guys and I'm glad things worked out in the end. I'm sorry I couldn't be there. Would have been much better than finding out what I did today. Either way, good job, and next time we're going big.

wag1911

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 25, 2008
    Indianapolis

Exactly, this wasn't about safety or he would not have asked me to do so when I explained my reasoning. In hindsight, I should have refused but didn't want to cause a stir - however, that was before I knew they had been ignorant with ATF. That would have been a game changer.

Top Bottom