Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    Avon, IN
    City Market , Nov 1, 2010

Officer: Is that gun loaded?
    Me: OF COURSE it's loaded, isn't yours?
    Officer: Let me see your ID's and Gun Licenses.
    ATFC: Why? Did I violate some law? Out come the handcuffs.
    ATFC: WHY are you doing this? Am I being detained?
    Officer: It's for "Officer Protection", I have a right to do it to get these guns under control.
    ME: They're already under control, secure in our holsters.
    Officer: Unload you gun, NOW! Lock the slide back, now return it to your holster.
    You'll get these (License and LTCH) back after we check you out.
    ME: Officer, we're the GOOD guys here, we're legal, all of us.
    Officer: Sure, I just want to go home tonight.

So there were 5-6 of us and we warranted two police cruisers with lights flashing and 4 metro officers to "Secure the scene". PLUS the two deputiies we had talked to just minutes before. They kept us there for over half an hour. Now, although we are law abiding citizens, our name are in the police computer. +1 to all who showed up and showed remarkable restraint while we were force to undergo interrogation.

-2 to Officer C.M. Highsmith and Officer J.C. Elliot, Indianapolis Metro PD.

(That's why I CC.)

alexanjl12

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 17, 2010
    Westside Indy
    Good question. Sounds like IMPD was trying to harrass and intimidate American citizens for exercising their rights, and we can expect more of it.

Since they are so curious, perhaps it's time to have an OC event on the sidewalk in front of their police station so they can be better informed.

If i actually get my LTCH by then..I will participate, still waiting for it to arrive in the mail :dunno:

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    snip
    I'm not saying you all were wrong in doing what you did; just that you probably should have expected such a reaction.

Really? You should expect to be required to surrender Constitutional rights while obeying the law because some cops can't remember they are there to enforce the law, not their opinions? We should expect to be attacked by the government for exercising our rights because some government agents have forgotten we are free citizens?

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    IMPD just expended 100 times the resources and effort investigating people obeying the law than they expended on the Bisard case. Further, no cover up has been alluded to in the INGO matter.

David_Bisard1.jpg

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Now, although we are law abiding citizens, our name are in the police computer.

:laugh: Don't feel special yet. You're not special until you're in a FEDERAL computer. :D

This kind of thing has happened to me twice in the 2 years I've been carrying and I OC almost 90% of the time. :dunno: I guess it's all about how you carry yourself, not your gun.

sj kahr k40

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    I fully expected to be approached by IMPD when I decided to attend this event but I never thought that one of us would be detained

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    If i actually get my LTCH by then..I will participate, still waiting for it to arrive in the mail :dunno:

You do not need an LTCH to carry a rifle or shotgun. If such an event comes to pass, I'm debating whether Cathy and I will take our handguns, or just take the SKS and shotgun, and leave our LTCH behind.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    City Market , Nov 1, 2010

Officer: Is that gun loaded?
    Me: OF COURSE it's loaded, isn't yours?
    Officer: Let me see your ID's and Gun Licenses.
    ATFC: Why? Did I violate some law? Out come the handcuffs.
    ATFC: WHY are you doing this? Am I being detained?
    Officer: It's for "Officer Protection", I have a right to do it to get these guns under control.
    ME: They're already under control, secure in our holsters.
    Officer: Unload you gun, NOW! Lock the slide back, now return it to your holster.
    You'll get these (License and LTCH) back after we check you out.
    ME: Officer, we're the GOOD guys here, we're legal, all of us.
    Officer: Sure, I just want to go home tonight.

So there were 5-6 of us and we warranted two police cruisers with lights flashing and 4 metro officers to "Secure the scene". PLUS the two deputiies we had talked to just minutes before. They kept us there for over half an hour. Now, although we are law abiding citizens, our name are in the police computer. +1 to all who showed up and showed remarkable restraint while we were force to undergo interrogation.

-2 to Officer C.M. Highsmith and Officer J.C. Elliot, Indianapolis Metro PD.

(That's why I CC.)

They continued to detain him after being presented with an LTCH? You mean Officer Highsmith and Officer Elliot willfully broke the law, as clearly stated by the Indiana Supreme Court?

Why haven't they been charged for the illegal detentions? There are IMPD officers on this site... what are you going to do to ensure those officers who illegally detained American citizens who broke no law are brought to justice? Your fellow officers illegally seized private property, made demands with no basis in law, and they have not been arrested. Ya'll are always complaining about the cop bashing on this site, here's a chance to do something about it.... arrest your fellow officers who have clearly committed several crimes.

Or be part of their wrongdoing. It's an easy choice... be a cop and uphold the law, or conspire with criminals to help them continue their illegal activities.

dukeboy_318

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 22, 2010
    in la la land
    They continued to detain him after being presented with an LTCH? You mean Officer Highsmith and Officer Elliot willfully broke the law, as clearly stated by the Indiana Supreme Court?

Why haven't they been charged for the illegal detentions? There are IMPD officers on this site... what are you going to do to ensure those officers who illegally detained American citizens who broke no law are brought to justice? Your fellow officers illegally seized private property, made demands with no basis in law, and they have not been arrested. Ya'll are always complaining about the cop bashing on this site, here's a chance to do something about it.... arrest your fellow officers who have clearly committed several crimes.

Or be part of their wrongdoing. It's an easy choice... be a cop and uphold the law, or conspire with criminals to help them continue their illegal activities.

agreed, they need to be dealt with on a legal basis, give them a taste of what its like

ATF Consumer

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    South Side Indy

You so much deserve another rep for this one my friend! :yesway:

Cru

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2010
    Noblesville, IN
    Side point...

It's obvious that not ALL IMPD try to disarm any OC citizen they see as proven by our experience at the monument circle... so they can't claim that they did exactly what they are trained to do.

sj kahr k40

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    And I saw 8 IMPD officers when I took a stroll thru the city market, not one said a word about it, +1 to the Impd officers that know the law

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jojo99
    Top Bottom