• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • samot

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2009
    Your mamas house
    could someone post a link to the conversation on OFFICER.COM about this event ?
    I cant seem to find it thru all the civilian bashing:D
    j706. I saw your post on officer.com regarding this event. You echo that opinion here. I think rhino sums up the proper response to your position very well.

Note: I also carry my handgun concealed. When I leave the house with a long gun, I keep it bagged (and usually under a blanket). I simply don't want anybody to know I've got a gun. This is a decision each person must make for themselves. Reading about this event makes me want to carry open now. I could give to :poop:s if it makes you or anybody else uncomfortable. A right unexcersized is a right lost.

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    Same Old, Same Old BS. Typical I'm the P O L I C E and your No Body Spiel Posted there; typical locker room or a beer with the boys chatter.

My interpretation is that they feel that no one should be visibly armed but them and Interpretation of the Constitutional Law is strictly up to them and Not the Courts.

You have members here playing both sides of the proverbial fence and the OP is/was a member here that I personally like but IMO has a personal bias when it comes to certain interpretations of the current law and he has the right to that personal opinion.

However, in their Defense it is posted in a LEO Only Thread and I do feel that they (I) should be allowed to voice their opinions among themselves. It's when a personal opinion or bias interferes with the actual performance of lawful duty and then there is a problem.

I wasn't there so it is difficult to reach a conclusion.

Police Called or Observe a Long Gun (SBR) openly displayed in a public place accompanied by several visibly armed men across from the PD & Courts Building. Did it warrant Investigation, Most Certainly. Once the initial non custodial interview was concluded then everyone should have proceeded upon their merry way.

Why Disarm ATM Consumer (BS contest-and the police always win the 1st round) and Not everyone else if it was indeed for Officer Safety. Why detain and create a public disturbance after the initial investigation revealed that this was a lawful assembly. Disgraceful that the Supervisor didn't take charge of the situation and that they could not discern an SBR from a full auto weapon. And who if anyone actually wanted them gone from the City Market ?

indytechnerd

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Here and There
    I'm hesitant to comment, lest I be branded as something I'm not. However, I've got a pretty strong belief that if you all decide to do a long gun OC event that coincides with a large scale sporting event coming up in this town, it will end badly. Walking around downtown is all well and good, but if you start jacking with revenue, it's gonna get ugly. You'll burn a bridge that can't be repaired.

Let's assume, for a minute, that the 2012 Super Bowl teams will be the New York Giants and the New England Patriots. You've got THOUSANDS of extremely liberal (and very possibly anti-gun) fans streaming into the city, and you're in the national spotlight. Granny from Hackensack gets her panties in a wad when all she wants is that officially licensed Snuggie, and rants within earshot of some jackhole sports reporter. He then mentions your little gathering on the air and opens the floodgate, culminating with someone using the dreaded "T" word. That's right, TERRORIST, I said it.

I'm pretty sure an OC event anywhere near Indy during that week will lead to a nice big :poop: sandwich that all gun owners get to take a bite of.

For my part, we're already putting vacation plans into the works to leave the state during that week.

henktermaat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Well then keep on doing this kind of foolishness and blaming someone else. I can almost guarantee you will see legislation that you nor I want to see. There is no talking to some people. Then when it is to late who gets blamed?

People get alarmed when they see people with guns. Just the way it is and you are not going to change it for the better. Many people just won't tolerate it. But do what you gotta do.:rolleyes:

I disagree with your premise. No one was alarmed that day.

sj kahr k40

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    Well then keep on doing this kind of foolishness and blaming someone else. I can almost guarantee you will see legislation that you nor I want to see. There is no talking to some people. Then when it is to late who gets blamed?

People get alarmed when they see people with guns. Just the way it is and you are not going to change it for the better. Many people just won't tolerate it. But do what you gotta do.:rolleyes:

Many people didn't tolerate Rosa Parks sitting on the front of the bus or MLK talking about equality, civil discourse has a long record of bringing about positive change

sj kahr k40

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    I can almost guarantee that if someone in the CCB saw them out at the City Market with their "guns", they were "alarmed".

Why would you assume that:dunno:, every time I go to the CCB I see lots of people carrying guns in civilian attire, in my stroll thru the City Market after lunch I noticed 8 officers in uniform and about 2 dozen civilians, I saw guns but no badges, carrying, I was defantly looking for other OCers

henktermaat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Why would you assume that:dunno:, every time I go to the CCB I see lots of people carrying guns in civilian attire, in my stroll thru the City Market after lunch I noticed 8 officers in uniform and about 2 dozen civilians, I saw guns but no badges, carrying, I was defantly looking for other OCers

Exactly. no one was alarmed, except for 1-3 cops. And they were only concerned because some free citizens poked their heads up. How dare we.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East

acting within our constitutional rights is foolish? I should not act withing my rights because of fear for retaliation by lawmakers that are supposed to snswer to the people? WTF man? are you listening to all you say on here? The right to keep and bear arms is the reason those suits WONT pass such a law because they know what would result.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    SO lets say the police do nothing and a massacre happens. Who gets blamed? Yep the jack booted po po. A person with a gun call is going to get a response. Again it is un common and makes no sense. Just because you can don't mean you should.

Once again you just don't walk around in a crowded public place with a long gun slung across your chest. If a cop did the same some of you people would be all over it.

I think a lot of police are more concerned about getting chewed out and blamed because it might affect their pension, rather than actualy worying if a citizens gets killed or not.

The cops already do walk around with long guns/machine guns across their chest buddy boy. and if they are gonna do it then I will do it too. its our right to make sure that they stay in check. I mean lets not beat around the bush here, lets call a spade a spade. the right to bear arms is to protect us from the government and its agents and possible abuses of our rights.

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    I have read ALL 732 posts, it took me two days, 3 hours, this morning... anyway, please file a complaint, please keep us posted, and will someone call Greg Garrison, at WIBC Radio, Fri., morn, during open phones, and ask his opinion od this incident.... then please post it here..... Thanks a million, I have sent Rep, to several of you... I think the idea was a good one... I participated in the 2A, walk earlier this year, I thought it was great !!!!!

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Yep the jack booted po po. A person with a gun call is going to get a response.

As people are not used to seeing such, perhaps so.

The solution is to make it more common so no one calls the police on someone exercising his civil right.

If you sit at the lunch counter, the Southerners will throw food at you.

16.jpg

machete

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2010
    Traplantis
    I'm hesitant to comment, lest I be branded as something I'm not. However, I've got a pretty strong belief that if you all decide to do a long gun OC event that coincides with a large scale sporting event coming up in this town, it will end badly. Walking around downtown is all well and good, but if you start jacking with revenue, it's gonna get ugly. You'll burn a bridge that can't be repaired.

Let's assume, for a minute, that the 2012 Super Bowl teams will be the New York Giants and the New England Patriots. You've got THOUSANDS of extremely liberal (and very possibly anti-gun) fans streaming into the city, and you're in the national spotlight. Granny from Hackensack gets her panties in a wad when all she wants is that officially licensed Snuggie, and rants within earshot of some jackhole sports reporter. He then mentions your little gathering on the air and opens the floodgate, culminating with someone using the dreaded "T" word. That's right, TERRORIST, I said it.

I'm pretty sure an OC event anywhere near Indy during that week will lead to a nice big :poop: sandwich that all gun owners get to take a bite of.

For my part, we're already putting vacation plans into the works to leave the state during that week.

So what good it to have a right if we have to keep it in the closet locked up???? I'll give you a million dollars just don't spend it. Did I really give you a million dollars???

They aint gonna give us better rights because they like us. If you want something in this word you have to man up and take it. If that means an rifle rally on South St. during the Super Bowl, well, we didn't ask for this fight now did we?

The founding fathers went through a lot to give us freedom. All we have to do is show up walk around and sip hot chocolate from an igloo cooler.

SirRealism

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    The cops already do walk around with long guns/machine guns across their chest buddy boy. and if they are gonna do it then I will do it too. its our right to make sure that they stay in check. I mean lets not beat around the bush here, lets call a spade a spade. the right to bear arms is to protect us from the government and its agents and possible abuses of our rights.

You beat me to it and said it better than I could have.

Somehow we should accept militarized SWAT teams in our cities? The message from the government is that they can be trusted but I cannot be trusted.

Top Bottom