• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    So, the cop's obesity led to or was somehow involved in the bad decisions and bad behavior?

Seriously?

More likely the other way around. Bad decisions and bad behavior led to his obesity. I think the prior poster was simply speculating that proper diet and exercise might be beneficial, albeit in a not-so-subtle manner. Nothing more.

Cru

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2010
    Noblesville, IN
    So I have an idea for another "event" and I would like to hear opinions from the people in this thread...

If an ingo CHARITY event was held, where ingo members (OC, OR CC) get together and willingly contribute time to help others, would you participate? I don't have a charity in mind, I'm just speculating here. If you have and idea of charity, please share.

I'm just thinking that instead of changing perception by marching, why not show that people that carry guns really are willing to help others. Maybe we carry guns to help defend much like the police.

Anyone? Comments?

dukeboy_318

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 22, 2010
    in la la land
    So I have an idea for another "event" and I would like to hear opinions from the people in this thread...

If an ingo CHARITY event was held, where ingo members (OC, OR CC) get together and willingly contribute time to help others, would you participate? I don't have a charity in mind, I'm just speculating here. If you have and idea of charity, please share.

I'm just thinking that instead of changing perception by marching, why not show that people that carry guns really are willing to help others. Maybe we carry guns to help defend much like the police.

Anyone? Comments?

I like that idea, best one ive heard yet. The question is what charity and how would we go about doing it? Maybe we could do tie in the march with it, kinda do one of those walk-a-thon deals where you get some one to sponsor you for X amount of dollars per mile or something, then donate to say Riley childrens hospital or make a wish.

theweakerbrother

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Bartholomew County, IN
    You'll probably find that many places do NOT want a few measly dollars if guns are attached to the gifting. Go big or go home and make it so large that they can't refuse. Don Corleone had it right. Make them an offer they can't refuse.

Cru

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2010
    Noblesville, IN
    I'm just tossing around an idea that I'd thought of before.

Just want to see how it went over.

Feel free to go back to discussing the previous event however, I don't want to kill this thread. :)

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    :+1:

This annoyance here has NEVER been about having the officer ask for LTCH, it's been about ATFC being put in handcuffs when he declined to obey an illegal command to disarm and actually HANDLE his firearm in public. (as far as the people who were present at the event)

I think several have missed this.

I disagree. That is not the time and place to be defiant. That is best handled at a later time and with the proper people. While I admit I would not have done the same as the officer did, he did not violate anyone's rights and he did not break any laws. It appears to me that they were faced with a unusual situation and acted like they felt was proper. Right or wrong? Don't know I wasn't there and didn't hear what was said.

All cops are not gun people and many are very uncomfortable around them. That does not mean they are bad people or bad cops. It means their life's experiences are different than yours/ours.

As you all know LEO's are granted quite a bit of discretion in a situation like that. Bottom line is we are all on the same side here. Other wise we would not be members of this site. Once again,To many people coming on to strong with this type of stuff is gonna ruin it for us all IMO.

machete

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2010
    Traplantis
    You'll probably find that many places do NOT want a few measly dollars if guns are attached to the gifting. Go big or go home and make it so large that they can't refuse. Don Corleone had it right. Make them an offer they can't refuse.

You have the right idea.

AR's at Colts games and especially the Super Bowl will send the message loud and clear.

Cru

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2010
    Noblesville, IN
    I disagree. That is not the time and place to be defiant. That is best handled at a later time and with the proper people. While I admit I would not have done the same as the officer did, he did not violate anyone's rights and he did not break any laws. It appears to me that they were faced with a unusual situation and acted like they felt was proper. Right or wrong? Don't know I wasn't there and didn't hear what was said.

All cops are not gun people and many are very uncomfortable around them. That does not mean they are bad people or bad cops. It means their life's experiences are different than yours/ours.

As you all know LEO's are granted quite a bit of discretion in a situation like that. Bottom line is we are all on the same side here. Other wise we would not be members of this site. Once again,To many people coming on to strong with this type of stuff is gonna ruin it for us all IMO.

I understand your POV, and I respect your opinion, and I AGREE that we are all on the same side. However, I watched WHEN the officer decided to "detain" ATF. It wasn't because he HAD a gun, it was only when ATF stated that he did not feel comfortable taking it out of it's holster and unloading it in public that the officer decided to be a "tough guy" and try to force ATFC to submit.

THIS SPECIFIC SITUATION did not seem to be a situation where an officer was concerned for his safety. The ONLY person who was cuffed was ATFC and the reason was because he challenged whether or not he needed to disarm in public. I believe ANYONE that chooses or is required to carry a firearm in public should KNOW that loading and unloading and handling of a firearm increases the chances for an accidental or negligent discharge exponentially.

rmabrey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 27, 2009

Anyone? Comments?
    I would do it. Habitat for humanity comes to mind but tool belts and OWB holsters :dunno:

Cru

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2010
    Noblesville, IN
    I would do it. Habitat for humanity comes to mind but tool belts and OWB holsters :dunno:

Habitat crossed my mind as well.

I have two thoughts.

1. MCF&G could have a shooting event where proceeds go to charity X

2. We have an actual habitat or other public service type event where we can OC while helping to affect public perception.

rmabrey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 27, 2009
    Habitat crossed my mind as well.

I have two thoughts.

1. MCF&G could have a shooting event where proceeds go to charity X

2. We have an actual habitat or other public service type event where we can OC while helping to affect public perception.

Both good ideas, but with #1 I can see people thinking oh guns at a range blah blah blah thats normal.

#2 Guns in public nice guys that carry them doing nice things

Pami

INGO Mom
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Next to Lars

Anyone? Comments?
    Please start a new thread.

And to carry into that thread - for idea #2 we had at one time talked about having INGO sponsor a section of highway that we (as a board, not just as Moderator staff) are responsible for keeping clean.

But start a new thread on these ideas, please.

Thanks!

Cru

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2010
    Noblesville, IN
    If anyone ever tells us what happened. I'm up to post #80, and I don't have a clue what happened, or why.

Cliff's Notes version...

Several INGO members went downtown for a "meet and greet/OC walk" through downtown Indianapolis.

members were OC, (one was OC a MP5, which IS legal)

police ordered all to disarm and unload and to produce LTCH and ID. Member ATF Consumer produced paperwork but refused to disarm. Was put in cuffs by officer.

Lunch was had at Dicks BB! after being told members could not be at city market due to MGT saying they weren't welcome (which was a lie)

members walked around Monument Circle OC where no officer minded one bit.

That's the short version.

Top Bottom