• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • serpicostraight

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    i keep hearing leo say if we dont like the way things are to elect new politicians. maybe it has happened to one of you guys let me know but i have never had a politician point a weapon at me or cuff me or arrest me. i dont see how getting new congress critters will stop peoples rights being violated. maybe im missing something here somebody clue me in.

Eddie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    North of Terre Haute
    Well then keep on doing this kind of foolishness and blaming someone else. I can almost guarantee you will see legislation that you nor I want to see. There is no talking to some people. Then when it is to late who gets blamed?

People get alarmed when they see people with guns. Just the way it is and you are not going to change it for the better. Many people just won't tolerate it. But do what you gotta do.:rolleyes:

Yep. People get alarmed when they hear speech that they don't agree with. They get alarmed when folks practice a religion that is different from their own.

That is why we have the Bill of Rights; so that an "alarmed majority" can't take people's rights away. Maybe the police would be better off spending their time detaining and harassing the folks that "won't tolerate" people exercising their rights.

dukeboy_318

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 22, 2010
    in la la land
    The King of England comes to mind. :rolleyes: (1775 anyone?)

This is still America right? :dunno:

For now... some want to undermine us all the time. But yes, I say its time we stand up and put an end to crap like this and some of the other bs that is going. Actions by leos like the ones you guys dealt with show just how much we as a country have reversed back into a big government controled group of people and just how much we are a police state. Not advocating a war or anything but if things like this don't get stopped, who knows just how bad it can get.

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    Yep. People get alarmed when they hear speech that they don't agree with. They get alarmed when folks practice a religion that is different from their own.

That is why we have the Bill of Rights; so that an "alarmed majority" can't take people's rights away. Maybe the police would be better off spending their time detaining and harassing the folks that "won't tolerate" people exercising their rights.

SO lets say the police do nothing and a massacre happens. Who gets blamed? Yep the jack booted po po. A person with a gun call is going to get a response. Again it is un common and makes no sense. Just because you can don't mean you should.

Once again you just don't walk around in a crowded public place with a long gun slung across your chest. If a cop did the same some of you people would be all over it.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Holy crap! It took a long time to get through this. I'd be unconscious right now if I was still on my dial-up connection at home.

Note to self: do not exercise a right you have because if you call attention to it, you might lose your right.

Eddie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    North of Terre Haute
    SO lets say the police do nothing and a massacre happens. Who gets blamed? Yep the jack booted po po. A person with a gun call is going to get a response. Again it is un common and makes no sense. Just because you can don't mean you should.

Once again you just don't walk around in a crowded public place with a long gun slung across your chest. If a cop did the same some of you people would be all over it.

Yeah, I guess just because we can exercise our right to free speech doesn't mean we should. Just because we can choose what church we belong to doesn't mean we should. Heaven forbid we upset the powers that be! You don't just walk around in a crowded place with a sign stating your political views. Sorry, but I ain't buyin' it.

indyjoe

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 20, 2008
    Indy - South

Way to jump to a straw man argument. Most of us have NO PROBLEM WITH THE POLICE CHECKING OUT THOSE OCing. We have a problem when it moved to illegal detention. Why would the police ask them to take their own guns out if there was a chance of a massacre?

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville

Where are you from?

sj kahr k40

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009

I don't think we want the police to do nothing, having a polite conversation with a group of citizens would have worked much better in this case, I'm sure that if no one would have been detained this thread would have been a lot shorter.

Just because an officer has handcuffs doesn't mean he has to use them.:ingo:

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    No Mudder. They are from the City that worships Jayne. Don't tell me you haven't seen Firefly!

The Ballad of Jayne

Jayne, the man they call Jayne

He robbed from the rich
    And he gave to the poor
    Stood up to the man
    And gave him what for
    Our love for him now
    Ain't hard to explain
    The hero of Canton
    The man they call Jayne

Our Jayne saw the mudders' backs breakin'
    He saw the mudders' lament
    And he saw the magistrate takin'
    Every dollar and leavin' five cents
    So he said "you can't do that to my people"
    He said "you can't crush them under your heel"
    So Jayne strapped on his hat
    And in 5 seconds flat
    Stole everythin' Boss Higgins had to steal

He robbed from the rich
    And he gave to the poor
    Stood up to the man
    And gave him what for
    Our love for him now
    Ain't hard to explain
    The hero of Canton
    The man they call Jayne

Now here is what separates heroes
    From common folk like you and I
    The man they call Jayne
    He turned 'round his plane
    And let that money hit sky
    He dropped it onto our houses
    He dropped it into our yards
    The man they called Jayne
    He stole away our pain
    And headed out for the stars

He robbed from the rich
    And he gave to the poor
    Stood up to the man
    And gave him what for
    Our love for him now
    Ain't hard to explain
    The hero of Canton
    The man they call Jayne.

Cru

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2010
    Noblesville, IN
    I don't think we want the police to do nothing, having a polite conversation with a group of citizens would have worked much better in this case, I'm sure that if no one would have been detained this thread would have been a lot shorter.

:+1:

This annoyance here has NEVER been about having the officer ask for LTCH, it's been about ATFC being put in handcuffs when he declined to obey an illegal command to disarm and actually HANDLE his firearm in public. (as far as the people who were present at the event)

I think several have missed this.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    Open carry:

25405853.jpg

Concealed carry:

taxisecretservice.jpg

Sometimes we just can't win.

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton

Hey I agree.

Top Bottom