• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Other than if the polling location is a school/day care/government building is there anything unlawful about carrying to the polling location?

INGunGuy

I don't know. Mine is the volunteer fire station.

When considering what to do just ask yourself ... what does "shall not infringe..." mean and what would ATF C. do?

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    It might be fun to make tomorrow's elections across the stae an OC / gun rights event on the state wide level.

Every one OC to the voting booth and if questioned why mention this event and showing solidarity with the rest of the legal gun owning and carrying public. Who ever you vote for or vote against, do it with the biggest flashy imposing weapon on your hip you own.

Can't. My polls are on city owned property, and Crawfordsville does not allow the exercise of Constitutional rights on their property. Though, in all other respects, I've never ever had a Crawfordsville officer do anything other than say "hi" on those occasions I've chosen to OC.

Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County
    My point is that they HAD to investigate you, legal or not, and they probably reverted to reflex - which is dealing with dirtbags, not legally-carrying citizens. Wouldn't matter to them if you were in the lobby of the CCB, as long as they felt they were "handling" the situation.

Why did they have to investigate them...I've read the whole thread up to this post and don't see any activity that would require harassment or even mere investigation.

It seems you are implying that we should expect our rights to have potency inversely proportional to our distance from some special or protected location.

This is bunk...the metal detectors are inside the building for a reason.

It shouldn't matter where they were, this was uncalled for.

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Sadly, my polling place is in a school :xmad:

So? Is that not with in the United States and subject to the authority of the US constitution?

I've been told at least a dozen times in the last few days how I don't understand/support/respect the constitution for my lack of concern over convicted felons constitutional rights.

A good start might be supporting the constitution rights of law abiding citicizens who've jumped through all the legal hoops held up for them by red tape weasels and are still restricted. I'll be carrying to the polling place tomorrow to vote for any one who's not an emcumbent and any one who's not a republican or a democrat.

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    A good start might be supporting the constitution rights of law abiding citicizens who've jumped through all the legal hoops held up for them by red tape weasels and are still restricted. I'll be carrying to the polling place tomorrow to vote for any one who's not an emcumbent and any one who's not a republican or a democrat.

Jack, you vote at the Huron VFD? What time ya going over? I may join you in the endeavor :D

sj kahr k40

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    My point is that they HAD to investigate you, legal or not, and they probably reverted to reflex - which is dealing with dirtbags, not legally-carrying citizens. Wouldn't matter to them if you were in the lobby of the CCB, as long as they felt they were "handling" the situation.

Their is a big difference between having a investigative conversation and detaining a person for no reason, not to mention forcing 6 people to unsafely unholster and clear their weapons.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    So? Is that not with in the United States and subject to the authority of the US constitution?

I've been told at least a dozen times in the last few days how I don't understand/support/respect the constitution for my lack of concern over convicted felons constitutional rights.

Then I concede that you have bigger cahones than I..
    I can't afford the attorney fees after being arrested for carrying at a School. You, apparently can, so let us know how it goes!

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    :laugh: We're social retards. That's funny. Hi KFORTAY! WE WUB WOO! :D

No, seriously, I've heard some good arguments here. A complaint needs filed. Seriously. And someone needs to get with IM and post that video. I'm almost peeing my pants waiting to see it. I'm kicking myself in the butt hard for not having my wife drop me off since we were up at Riley. Got out of there at 12:30. I would have missed the fun, but at least I could have met up with you all somewhere.

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Then I concede that you have bigger cahones than I..
    I can't afford the attorney fees after being arrested for carrying at a School. You, apparently can, so let us know how it goes!

I don't have any need to or plan to. I'm just noticing a lot of bravado after the fact when in fact it appears only ONE guy actually stepped up and put his balls on the line and only one other guy at least put ONE ball on the line. A lot of other guys seem to have really wished they didn't miss out on the opportunity to participate.

This is one way they can if they really want to. I'd be a lot more impressed with their committment if it were for the benefit of people who are not already convicted felons. It's a lot more important to me that free citizens be capable of defending themselves in the event of election intimidation than that convicted felons be armed at the time they become repeat offenders.

Last edited:

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    My polling place is a church up the street. No school or day care. I think I'm good. Are you sure it's ok to OC at polling places?

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    I will be setting the alarm :D I got a long day ahead of me so need to get it done the earlier the better. Tell you about it when I see you. Now the only question is, a demure Walther PPS, or make a statement with a Glock 20...

I guess it's time for me to hit the hay then.

Smith 629 for me. 4" barrel, big, bright, shiney.

Hope the gestapo don't scratch it all up. That's a concrete floor in there.

Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County
    Have you ever doubted this? The moment you go against the State, the State will try to crush you.

So true...and yet so many people can't wait to rush out in 5 hours + to validate the state's existence. Against my better judgment, I'm likely to join them :n00b:

We humans are a silly lot.

Top Bottom