• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    All this despite recent case law that states once the LTCH is presented then the stop is over. Making you guys unload was illegal as I understand .it..

EDIT: Sorry for the repetition, I missed Joe's post. I will blame it on having to follow the thread from my phone :D

Last edited:

ATF Consumer

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    South Side Indy
    All this despite recent case law that states once the LTCH is presented then the stop is over. Making you buys unload was illegal as I understand .it..

They obviously had no concern about that...I think they are so use to violating citizen's rights, it was just second nature to them and they probably thought they were in the right.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    That was definitely the first negative experience I have had with OC...and I usually OC everywhere I go.

Exactly. It's extremely rare that there is any experience to speak of.

Like hitting the lottery. It happens, but that doesn't make it likely.

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Beech Grove, IN
    I just wanted to see how fat I looked on camera...they say it adds 20 lbs. :D

Nah my brother, you looked great on the close up.

fathead_01.jpg

sj kahr k40

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    I still ask.Why look for trouble?:dunno:

You have to understand the politicians way of thinking, if no one OC's they will make it illegal, then they will say, no one carries a gun anyway and our rights will be lost.

I'm going to continue to OC and CC depending on the circumstance.

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    OK, been reading for a while and I think I'm caught up. My apologies if I sounded like a richard earlier in the thread when I implied that this could all be a joke. It obviously wasn't.

Not sure if I'm glad I missed it or not because I'm not sure if I could have shown the same restraint. I just wonder what would have happened if someone said "I'm sorry officer, but I will not comply because that is an unlawful command."

I agree with Frank that this probably would not have happened without the presence of the MP5. However, Indy had every right to carry it. I don't claim to speak for IM, but I'm pretty sure if the officers would have just checked everyone's LTCH and then respectfully ASKED PERMISSION to check out his MP5, he would have been more than willing to allow it without having to be commanded to do so.

I also do not believe the LEO's involved were necessarily intentionally abusing their power. They probably really believed they were doing what they were supposed to do. This is just another unfortunate example of uninformed, uneducated officers and/or departments not fully understanding the laws involved and what the extent of their authority really is.

This is all the more reason to continue having these events. Hopefully we can eventually educate enough people to make a difference.

Personally, I would think LEO's would feel less threatened by a well behaved person that is openly OCing in a public area than they would by many of the other jackwagons running around down there. Not too many felons are bold enough to OC on a downtown street in front of the CCB. If they were, there would almost certainly be other indicators in their behavior to raise suspicion. Seeing a firearm on a person's belt as they go about normal activities SHOULD be an automatic indication to any LEO that the person is a "good guy", not the other way around. :twocents:

tbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    We absolutely need to do this more often to wake these sheeple up and educate the ignorant ones that have no clue.:yesway:

Absolutely the exact reason I started the "ILOCD" thread that, in my ignorant bliss, led to this. I'm sorry you guys found a bit of trouble, and sorry I didn't see it all go down. But I am proud, in a perverse sort of way ;)

USMC_0311

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 30, 2008
    Anderson
    I got there just after the real action.

The police lied about the manager not allowing gun carry on the property, cuffed ATM, disarmed the others.

When I walked up they were asking "what group are you with," "how many more are coming," and "how did you communicate to organize this event."

Outing those who would deny or harass you for exercising your legal rights is just my kinda trouble. :yesway:

Is this the abbreviated version of this thread?

ATF Consumer

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    South Side Indy
    I just wonder what would have happened if someone said "I'm sorry officer, but I will not comply because that is an unlawful command."

That is basically what I said.
    After they had called in our ID's and everything came back :yesway:, they continued to detain us and the officers slowly walked around all of us, checking that state of our weapons. When officer "Abuser" saw that I had my hammer back and unlocked, he questioned me as to why I had it like that and I explained to him that in the training I have been in up to now has proven that memory movements and unlocking your handgun can cause unwanted delay in reaction and I wanted to be in the "ready state" if I needed to use it.
    He then continued to grill me with questions, like "what training?" and "who was your trainer?" and some other questions I don't recall exactly, but then he asked me if there was one in the chamber and I said "yes, don't you have one in yours?"
    He then commanded me to de-cock and remove my magazine and I refused saying "No, sir...I will not"
    That's when he reached for his cuffs and I pretty much knew where it was going from there. I proceeded to ask, "what law have I violated?" and it was not answered but I was told I was being cuffed for officer's safety.:noway:

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I'm glad you guys came out of this without even more harassment. However, what happened to the organizers of the event? Did they not attend?

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    129   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    I am SOOOOO damn sorry I missed the fun by 45 minutes or so! WHEN (not IF...) we do this again I woll OC x2... my 1911 on one side and a black rifle on the other!

Josh Ward

Master
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 13, 2008
    Fortville/Greenfield
    OK, been reading for a while and I think I'm caught up. My apologies if I sounded like a richard earlier in the thread when I implied that this could all be a joke. It obviously wasn't.

Not sure if I'm glad I missed it or not because I'm not sure if I could have shown the same restraint. I just wonder what would have happened if someone said "I'm sorry officer, but I will not comply because that is an unlawful command."

I agree with Frank that this probably would not have happened without the presence of the MP5. However, Indy had every right to carry it. I don't claim to speak for IM, but I'm pretty sure if the officers would have just checked everyone's LTCH and then respectfully ASKED PERMISSION to check out his MP5, he would have been more than willing to allow it without having to be commanded to do so.

I also do not believe the LEO's involved were necessarily intentionally abusing their power. They probably really believed they were doing what they were supposed to do. This is just another unfortunate example of uninformed, uneducated officers and/or departments not fully understanding the laws involved and what the extent of their authority really is.

This is all the more reason to continue having these events. Hopefully we can eventually educate enough people to make a difference.

Personally, I would think LEO's would feel less threatened by a well behaved person that is openly OCing in a public area than they would by many of the other jackwagons running around down there. Not too many felons are bold enough to OC on a downtown street in front of the CCB. If they were, there would almost certainly be other indicators in their behavior to raise suspicion. Seeing a firearm on a person's belt as they go about normal activities SHOULD be an automatic indication to any LEO that the person is a "good guy", not the other way around. :twocents:

+ a million

tbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    I'm glad you guys came out of this without even more harassment. However, what happened to the organizers of the event? Did they not attend?

I may have started the "ILOCD" thread, and Sgt. Rock may have started this one, but WE INGO'ers can take the blame, the credit, the heat...

Last edited:

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    This whole thing is just infuriating to me. Once again, the cops are the only ones "qualified enough" to carry a weapon in ready condition. I'm glad that all the cops there weren't ****heads, but yeah, just intimidation, plain and simple. I wonder how many crackheads and gang bangers were committing crimes within a block of this place while all of this played out?:xmad:

Cru

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2010
    Noblesville, IN
    @ supertek (not gonna quote and edit because on phone)

I'll agree that MOST of the LEO didn't seem like they were abusing power, but 1 for sure did. The others seemed (to me) like they were annoyed with the situation but following the lead of officer Highsomething. (sorry don't remember his name)

That guy seemed pissed when ATFC would not obey his order to disarm after LTCH was produced.

As I stated before, the police around the circle were great, the ones before lunch :noway:

Top Bottom