• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    Does anyone else remember the saying about trading liberty for safety?

Ben Franklin (from memory so maybe rephrased) 'They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. " ... have this as my sig. line on another forum...

I still have 3 vacation days left ;) :D

just be glad you don't have to use all 3 to make the 3 trips it would take to retrieve everything if it HAD NOT been returned ... and that is NOT counting legal issues ... that's just IMPD's PROCEDURE. :xmad:
    (been there ... done that).

Great thread.

GeneralCarver

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 31, 2010
    Northern Indiana
    City Market , Nov 1, 2010

Officer: Is that gun loaded?
    Me: OF COURSE it's loaded, isn't yours?
    Officer: Let me see your ID's and Gun Licenses.
    ATFC: Why? Did I violate some law? Out come the handcuffs.
    ATFC: WHY are you doing this? Am I being detained?
    Officer: It's for "Officer Protection", I have a right to do it to get these guns under control.
    ME: They're already under control, secure in our holsters.
    Officer: Unload you gun, NOW! Lock the slide back, now return it to your holster.
    You'll get these (License and LTCH) back after we check you out.
    ME: Officer, we're the GOOD guys here, we're legal, all of us.
    Officer: Sure, I just want to go home tonight.....

What a bunch of nonsense. These officers CLEARLY didn't feel threatened by you guys. If they were you would not have had that conversation. That officer would have had his gun out and barking orders at you. And he made YOU touch your gun? Would you want someone touching their gun if you felt the least bit threatened by them? What absolute nonsense. Just another example of Cops bossing people around. Your tax dollars at fine work.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    I just got home from the range and started reading through the thread. ATFC-- glad you're ok. IM-- I'm gonna go ahead and guess this had something to do with you, hahahaha.

wag1911

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 25, 2008
    Indianapolis
    If he decides to file a complaint he should request that they ought to fix his parking ticket given the amount of time they harassed him.

Sgt Rock

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    Avon, IN
    ATFC, On ME, the camera adds about 100 pounds. I'm glad you guys were there with me. It was very hard to just keep qiuet and let the fine officers embarrass themselves. Even AFTER the LTCH's came out, we had to unload, the po-po's even stripped the mags of some. It was NOT a fun day. But lunch was great!
    I'm ashamed to say that I will probably continue to CC 100% of the time now, not worth the hassle. I know, shouldn't BE any hassle but, as we found out today, there usually is. I at \least, expected the Sergeant to say something when they started to roust us, but noooooo.

Cru

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2010
    Noblesville, IN
    ATFC, On ME, the camera adds about 100 pounds. I'm glad you guys were there with me. It was very hard to just keep qiuet and let the fine officers embarrass themselves. Even AFTER the LTCH's came out, we had to unload, the po-po's even stripped the mags of some. It was NOT a fun day. But lunch was great!
    I'm ashamed to say that I will probably continue to CC 100% of the time now, not worth the hassle. I know, shouldn't BE any hassle but, as we found out today, there usually is. I at least, expected the Sergeant to say something when they started to roust us, but noooooo.

Just curious, because I forgot to ask earlier, was this your first ever OC in public? If so, what a way to start!!!

Cru

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2010
    Noblesville, IN
    Especially in downtown Indy.. all it does is draws unwanted attention to yourself.

I will say that I felt a little awkward walking to the meet by myself like everyone was staring, even though they probably weren't.

I told IM this and his reply was "YOU felt awkward?!?!?" :laugh:

CorvetteTom

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 30, 2010
    Shelbyville
    They continued to detain him after being presented with an LTCH? You mean Officer Highsmith and Officer Elliot willfully broke the law, as clearly stated by the Indiana Supreme Court?

Why haven't they been charged for the illegal detentions? There are IMPD officers on this site... what are you going to do to ensure those officers who illegally detained American citizens who broke no law are brought to justice? Your fellow officers illegally seized private property, made demands with no basis in law, and they have not been arrested. Ya'll are always complaining about the cop bashing on this site, here's a chance to do something about it.... arrest your fellow officers who have clearly committed several crimes.

Or be part of their wrongdoing. It's an easy choice... be a cop and uphold the law, or conspire with criminals to help them continue their illegal activities.

+1 to Joe (gotta spread more around) I would love to hear some LEO's answer this! :rolleyes:

+1 to all the INGO guys involved for constraint beyond reason! :yesway:

Top Bottom