INGO Handgun Classifieds Where are the deals, or at least common sense?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • indydrew1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Aug 29, 2013
    Greenwood
    Hey I got this $400 gun that was recalled that I'm willing to trade for your $600 gun that is also the most popular (one of) carry guns in the world. Even Steven trade...Cash, what cash this is a Shield dam nab it are you crazy. Im throwing in the cardboard box the gun came in, what is wrong with you. Im not getting ripped off no cash even trade.........your wasting my time, grab the lube and ankles.

indydrew1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Aug 29, 2013
    Greenwood
    Guns are decently large investments, and some people have a tough time loosing money.

At the same time too, buyers set the price, doesn't mean you have to buy it.

I too have been looking at the sales threads a couple times a day, really shouldn't, can't justify another gun, but a deal is a deal and sometimes they come at bad times. That being said, there's been good prices on certain items, but I just wasn't interested in them.

Really, the only gun I regret not buying was the Colt Anaconda 6" stainless in .45 Colt that popped up a couple months ago for $1500. I'm not a huge Colt guy, I like the old models, 1950 and olders, but the price was fair for a collectible piece.

That being said, who's bogarting the older Colts? Police Positives? Officer's Targets? All that ever seems to pop up for sale are the plastic.......things...

Anyway, don't like the price, you're not forced to buy. And at least the seller probably knows more than the employees at Gander...

If you want a Colt Pyton grab $3000 and head to Christies in Southport. They get one for ya....... Even take credit cards and will smile.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    OP, which gun is it that you are interested in? I mean, really. Which one are you ready to lay down cash for the right price (meaning reasonable for both parties) and will close on the deal tomorrow if the seller is willing?

danielson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Napoleon
    There was a great way to avoid this problem. Its called dont pay too much for an item.
    If you buy a firearm on sale, or at the going price, and you take care of it. There is no reason to take a loss, and no reason to have to charge more than the going price to prevent that.

If you paid too much for something, you need to realize YOUR mistake, and take the loss, if you HAVE to sell it. If not, KEEP it, and learn your lesson. The exception is with lower quality firearms (either in construction, or just brand name) If you buy a lower quality firearm, expect to not get your money back if you sell it.

I see people all the time who can not seem to grasp this simple concept.

Dont waste your money, and you wont waste your money.

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    I haven't been looking lately so I haven't seen recent prices. Couple months ago I bought a XDs and it was a good price so can't complain.

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    If you want a Colt Pyton grab $3000 and head to Christies in Southport. They get one for ya....... Even take credit cards and will smile.

Like I said, I like older Colts. If it doesn't have a V spring and isn't hand fit, forget about it.

Unless it's a damn good price. Moral reasons and stupid prices prevent me from newer ones like the Python.

That being said, to some people, Pythons are worth 3 grand. Are they going to make any more of them? Doubt it. Will the price get higher? Probably. Safe investment? More than likely. And to some, Pythons are worth 900 max. Are they going to find one for that price? Highly doubt it, but rare, they might.

If you don't like the price, you don't have to buy

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    I'm afraid that when someone "buys it wrong" it's very unlikely that they're going to "sell it right". I'm a buyer much more so than a seller, and it seems most of my deals are with the same group of people who ask a fair price for their goods.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I have made and lost selling in the classifieds. I do not try and make a business out of my hobby. I had 2 Kimbers listed a week or so apart. The troll's were really trying to get me to deal on both of them. I did not reply to most of the idiocy. Sell it to one of them and it is on craigslist the next day. This is a hobby for me not a job.

The old guard has been somewhat overwhelmed by the influx of new members making a run for the classifieds so they can sell their junk at a profit. The very fabric of the thing has changed since the last scare by all the new faces that see it as a place to make a quick buck. This is obvious with all of the $600 base model RIA's and glocks that have littered the forum lately.

Last edited:

Simon6101

Master
    Rating - 100%
    161   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Sw Indy(Camby)
    If I have something that I am wanting to sell or buy, I do my research first. I then post at a fair price plus a little( because of the cheapos here) so that I can wheel and deal. I like the mentality of when they are selling it then it worth a mint but when I am selling it then it isn't worth squat.

indydrew1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Aug 29, 2013
    Greenwood
    OP, which gun is it that you are interested in? I mean, really. Which one are you ready to lay down cash for the right price (meaning reasonable for both parties) and will close on the deal tomorrow if the seller is willing?

Well there is a couple, but I don't think it would be kosher to call out someone selling there gun at crazy prices. But I assume you can see the PM's Ive sent so those would be it. Plus one or to more where I did not PM the seller because they were asking 30%+ over what I would pay on the high end.

indydrew1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Aug 29, 2013
    Greenwood
    I have made and lost selling in the classifieds. I do not try and make a business out of my hobby. I had 2 Kimbers listed a week or so apart. The troll's were really trying to get me to deal on both of them. I did not reply to most of the idiocy. Sell it to one of them and it is on craigslist the next day. This is a hobby for me not a job.

The old guard has been somewhat overwhelmed by the influx of new members making a run for the classifieds so they can sell their junk at a profit. The very fabric of the thing has changed since the last scare by all the new faces that see it as a place to make a quick buck. This is obvious with all of the $600 base model RIA's and glocks that have littered the forum lately.

I thought you can't sell on guns on Craigslist. Maybe you were just using that as an example. But can you sell guns on Craigslist? I thought a few years ago there was some big deal about a gun sold on there and they shut down the sales, or something. I don't know, just wondering.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Well there is a couple, but I don't think it would be kosher to call out someone selling there gun at crazy prices. But I assume you can see the PM's Ive sent so those would be it. Plus one or to more where I did not PM the seller because they were asking 30%+ over what I would pay on the high end.

No, I can't see your PMs. Can you send me a PM of the guns. I'm just really interested to know which guns they are. If you'd rather not, I certainly understand.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    I thought you can't sell on guns on Craigslist. Maybe you were just using that as an example. But can you sell guns on Craigslist? I thought a few years ago there was some big deal about a gun sold on there and they shut down the sales, or something. I don't know, just wondering.

You can use Craigslist, but people are quick to report them and they get removed.

other dave

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Howard County
    Your point about off the grid is a very valid point. The only thing is to some this is great and to others this scares them. The guy I sold my Glock 19 to for example had never bought a gun off INGO and was very scared as to the history of it. I tried to reassure him that a "white guy" from Greenwood was not the type he needed to worry about. And of course take the gun to a cop friend or to a LGS and have them run it. But I could tell he was scared, afraid the gun was stolen or used in a crime. Hell a lot of new gun owners and the general public are shocked that it is legal to buy a gun in a private transaction. When I told a co-worker once that I had just bought a gun in a Wal-Mart parking lot off a cop they thought I was going to jail and had broken major laws. When I informed them it was perfectly legal and even ethical. They thought I was on drugs. They could not believe that this is legal. These are the same type that think you have to register your guns.

But that is the exception not the rule, more people are happy about FTF off the grid transactions. And to your point I guess there is some value to that.

WHITE GUY? What are you trying to say???

Top Bottom